PDA

View Full Version : Facilities...

tbl
12/1/2006, 12:08 AM
We all hear talk about facilities, but what exactly does that entail? Workout equipment? Locker room? Practice field? Showers? Is there more to it? I don't see how facilities can make that much of an impact, but that's one of the big things all the TV dudes talk about.

TrophyCollector
12/1/2006, 12:13 AM
HCSF

(Hot Chics per Square Foot)

TheUnnamedSooner
12/1/2006, 12:16 AM
toilets

Easting
12/1/2006, 12:17 AM
HCSF

(Hot Chics per Square Foot)

I think it's against board rules to speak of HCSF and not have associated pictures.

BAN HIM! :)

Jimminy Crimson
12/1/2006, 12:23 AM
Stadium, indoor facility, strength coach, workout facilities, locker rooms, academic centers, dorms/cafeterias, etc

Jimminy Crimson
12/1/2006, 12:24 AM
Oh, in recruiting, whenever they refer to 'academics', it means hot chicks :D

instigator
12/1/2006, 01:44 AM
If you don't know, look at these pics I took during a tour. We have great facilities!
http://instigator.smugmug.com/gallery/702838/1

Readyfor8
12/1/2006, 01:59 AM
Facilities used to mean how geared a program was to make runs at a National Championship, they used to indicate how well you would be taken care of during your stay at the school, and they used to mean that the school you were visiting was dedicated to success.

But now, programs like Oklahoma State, and Texas Tech sport big time facilities or indoor practice fields. Meanwhile teams like Miami have some of the worst facilities in the country and still compete on a far higher plane than the OSU's and Tech's of the world. Facilities don't mean as much as they did in the 90's or even the 80's. How nice your trophy case is, and how many your stadium seats are nice selling points, but in the end TV Time is far more important than Facilities.

All_Day_28
12/1/2006, 01:59 AM
If you don't know, look at these pics I took during a tour. We have great facilities!
wow great pics!! we do have great facilities...

SoonerLB
12/1/2006, 02:22 AM
Nice job on the pics instigator, thanks for sharing them!

yermom
12/1/2006, 02:32 AM
it also involves the rehab stuff for injuries

you know, when you can rehab a guy with 2 blown knees to the point he can win a Heisman, it kinda helps in recruiting ;)

Beano's Fourth Chin
12/1/2006, 02:39 AM
Lockerroom
McClendon Center
Roy Williams Strength Complex
Siegfried Strength and Conditioning Complex
Everest Indoor Facility
Switzer Center
Prentice Gautt Academic Center

Jimminy Crimson
12/1/2006, 03:12 AM
Lester Wilkonson Lockerroom
McClendon Center for Intercollegiate Athletics
Everest Indoor Facility
Switzer Center

couple'a edits

mrjeffmaxwell
12/1/2006, 04:02 AM
Did you say TV dudes?

On topic, facilities make a huge difference. Better workout equipment, more sense of pride, gives better impressions. It all adds up.

Crimsontothecore
12/1/2006, 06:29 AM
Lockerroom
McClendon Center
Everest Indoor Facility
Switzer Center
Brent Rawls head trauma center

Updated

fadada1
12/1/2006, 09:06 AM
look at our facilities and try not to be impressed with what you see. same goes for nebraska, texas (spit, spit), michigan, notre dame (spit, spit), etc...

now take a look at what they're planning for stillwater. sure, it might be great... but what exactly are they planning on putting in their trophy room??? i can work out in any gym... maybe they even have eliptical trainers and fagedy stuff like that. or maybe they have a dark basement with mismatched weights... filled with mean sonsabitches. either way, you can get strong. but when i walk into the switzer center and see a room filled with tradition and championship trophies, i know there's something more than pretty weights and working showers... it shows that there is a commitment to winning and making champions. weightrooms and lockerrooms are just bells and whistles. championships are the thing of substance. attitude is what makes champions.

mrowl
12/1/2006, 09:38 AM

I didn't know that they had lockers for Sims and Owens, are there more???

FourKings
12/1/2006, 10:19 AM
F'n great pics - you da man, thanks dood!