PDA

View Full Version : Cale Gundy

JiuJitsuSooner
11/30/2006, 10:33 PM
He seems like he's coming around and doing a pretty good job coaching the RB's. Beyond that, I really don't know how good he is or what his potential may be. Do you think he'll be promoted one day to maybe "co-offensive coordinator"? From an outside look, it seems they might be molding Josh Heuple for that job, but because Stoops is fair and loyal, do you think he'll give Cale more responsibility with the Offense anytime soon?

sooneron
11/30/2006, 10:35 PM
I've given Cale grief many a time here and this year, he is making me eat my words. I wonder what the deal is with him. It doesn't seem that anyone has come sniffing around for him as an OC.

JiuJitsuSooner
11/30/2006, 10:36 PM
Is he a good recruiter?

sooneron
11/30/2006, 10:37 PM
I have no idea, I think he has been in on some recruits that we have on campus, though.

Piware
11/30/2006, 10:49 PM
He seems like he's coming around and doing a pretty good job coaching the RB's. Beyond that, I really don't know how good he is or what his potential may be. Do you think he'll be promoted one day to maybe "co-offensive coordinator"? From an outside look, it seems they might be molding Josh Heuple for that job, but because Stoops is fair and loyal, do you think he'll give Cale more responsibility with the Offense anytime soon?

His scarey haired brother says that our running backs are badly coached. Please note that this was before they ran over his defense like a train.

Widescreen
11/30/2006, 11:01 PM
He was one of the main recruiters of AD. That seemed to work out OK except that I understand he got into some kind of altercation with a coach from another school. I can't remember the details though.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
11/30/2006, 11:03 PM
His scarey haired brother says that our running backs are badly coached. Please note that this was before they ran over his defense like a train.

I thought the scary haired brother was joking though.

I mean, I know what he said was a joke, but I thought he was joking because the RB coach was his brother.

starclassic tama
12/1/2006, 01:30 AM
it was a joke. anyone with three quarters of a functioning neuron left in their brain should have picked that up.

douxpaysan
12/1/2006, 01:36 AM
makes disgusting noises and....ooops wrong thread :D

badger
12/1/2006, 02:22 AM
He was one of the main recruiters of AD. That seemed to work out OK except that I understand he got into some kind of altercation with a coach from another school. I can't remember the details though.
i would argue that stoops' visit to daddy peterson was the most effective recruiting

Sooner_Havok
12/1/2006, 02:29 AM
I think Cale realizes that he has probably peaked. The only reason he is even a coach is because he played for us under Gibbs. I will admit that the running backs have been getting better, but how much is Cale, and how much is AD spending more time with them telling them what to look for and what to do? Don't get me wrong, I like Cale as a person, and it nice to have a guy around who played in the not-so-good-old-days who can tell the guys what things could be like, but I don't think he is OC material.