PDA

View Full Version : Mid-West Weather

StoopTroup
11/30/2006, 03:27 PM
To all of you lucky Folks who will be making their way to KC...

Be safe. Take your time and remember to prepare yourself in case of a flat or an emergency.

Extra Blankets, food, medicine, flashlights, tools...etc...

TaKe Care Have a Great Time...Yell a little extra loud for me and Boomer Sooner ! ! !

ST

Ash
11/30/2006, 03:32 PM
^^^^I second this, conditions are worsening in some areas right now in terms of travel.

Take care and Boomer effin Sooner!

StoopTroup
11/30/2006, 03:47 PM
I forgot to add a small bag of sand for traction purposes in case your stuck.

Spek Ash.

Ash
11/30/2006, 03:54 PM
I forgot to add a small bag of sand for traction purposes in case your stuck.

Spek Ash.

Absolutely. When my wife lived in KC, sandbags were a regular part of the winter car kit.

n8v_ndn
11/30/2006, 04:23 PM
I imagine the trip a lot like this (sans an axe in the back)

http://www.postersnthings.com/lobby_cards/shining_scatman_crothers1_card.jpg

Blues1
11/30/2006, 04:26 PM
Any Chance for a last minute heat wave--- like to 40 or 50 degrees...???

SoonerLB
11/30/2006, 04:32 PM
I'm 20 miles east of the Wellington exit of I-35, and it is treacherous travel up this way. I've had the scanner on this afternoon, and the highway personell are reporting they can't keep up with the roads in this area. Lots of wrecks around here too. Same conditions all the way to KC according to the weatherman.
So on top of the other tips, allow plenty of time, and above all else, be safe!

StoopTroup
11/30/2006, 09:47 PM
The Weather Channel had a reporter near KC and he had to stand with his back to the wind just to do his live shot or his face would have frozen in less than 30 seconds.

SoonerMajic
11/30/2006, 10:58 PM
I just watched a KC weathercast on the net. Projected high Saturday is 24 and the low is 8. She also was projecing 15 inches of snow to the south of KC, with it ending early Friday morning.

I am beginning to get worried about being able to travel to the game.

colleyvillesooner
11/30/2006, 11:03 PM
I just watched a KC weathercast on the net. Projected high Saturday is 24 and the low is 8. She also was projecing 15 inches of snow to the south of KC, with it ending early Friday morning.

I am beginning to get worried about being able to travel to the game.

here is the weather channels

http://www.weather.com/weather/wxdetail/USMO0460?dayNum=2

TrophyCollector
12/1/2006, 12:04 AM
Man, I'm glad I'm flying - hate driving in that crap. Hopefully no delays tomorrow

KStatePike
12/1/2006, 12:23 AM
explain this to me: It snows over a foot in Kansas City, it snows in Dallas and as far south as Waco, but Manhattan doesn't get anything. It even snowed in Wamego, which is 10 minutes away.

TrophyCollector
12/1/2006, 12:28 AM
explain this to me: It snows over a foot in Kansas City, it snows in Dallas and as far south as Waco, but Manhattan doesn't get anything. It even snowed in Wamego, which is 10 minutes away.

Even God has now forgotten about K-State. :)

KStatePike
12/1/2006, 12:36 AM
heh I guess so... but it could pay off during Armegeddon

sOUnd
12/1/2006, 12:41 AM
Are these the same reporters that love to stand on the shorelines of category 1 hurricanes and make it sound like the world is coming to an end?

Sure be careful. But don't believe the hype.

OKC-SLC
12/1/2006, 12:50 AM
I am sitting in my living room in northern kansas city. we have MAYBE 2 inches of snow on the ground and the roads are clear or nearly so. It is windy but no precipitation is falling as of right now.

Just talked to a buddy in Overland Park (southern part of town) and he has about 5 inches of snow with wind and no precipitation.

It is supposed to be worse to the south and east, but I am optimistic that some of the reports you all have been hearing are a bit exaggerated. They'd better be....you d00dz need to get your Sooner aszes up here for the game.