View Full Version : LSU to Rose Bowl? Fertilizer on a Rose

SoonerShark
11/30/2006, 12:52 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15969953/

LSU to play in Rose Bowl, report says
Tigers would battle either USC or Michigan, according to radio report
SportsTicker
Updated: 11:15 a.m. CT Nov 30, 2006

BATON ROUGE, La. - Michigan and Notre Dame apparently will not be staging a rematch in the Rose Bowl.

Baton Rouge television station WAFB reported Thursday that fifth-ranked Louisiana State will play in the Rose Bowl on January 1.

Citing information from a member of the Rose Bowl Board who spoke on the condition of anonymity, the CBS affiliate reports the Tigers will oppose either Michigan or Southern California in the game.

LSU, which went 10-2 in the regular season but finished tied for second in the Southeastern Conference West Division, would become the first SEC team to play in the Rose Bowl since Alabama in 1946.

If second-ranked USC beats UCLA on Saturday, it almost certainly would finish second in the Bowl Championship Series standings and play No. 1 Ohio State in the national championship game in Glendale, Arizona on January 8.

A Trojan victory also would relegate third-ranked Michigan to the Rose Bowl, where it was thought the Wolverines might have to once again face No. 12 Notre Dame, a team they crushed, 47-21, in South Bend on September 16. Like LSU, the Fighting Irish are 10-2, but they also were blown out by USC, 44-24, in Los Angeles last weekend.

SoonerShark
11/30/2006, 12:54 PM
If those punks from LSU act in L.A. like they did when we were in the Sugar Bowl someone will pop a cap in their collective asses. Their fans were the least gracious group of inbreds I have ever witnessed.

LSUdeek
11/30/2006, 01:02 PM
If those punks from LSU act in L.A. like they did when we were in the Sugar Bowl someone will pop a cap in their collective asses. Their fans were the least gracious group of inbreds I have ever witnessed.

I wonder how many times I can find this exact post on this forum?

http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/209/beatdeadhorse8gx.gif

humblesooner
11/30/2006, 01:29 PM

Many....and for good reason.
I was there.
I know you are a good guy on this board, but what happened in NO was way beyond any friendly rivalry smack. You may only be guilty by association.

Scott D
11/30/2006, 01:31 PM
I've heard the Domers are Sugar bound.

MikeInNorman
11/30/2006, 01:43 PM
COP: Sir! Sir! You may NOT urinate in the rose bush!

BOUCHET: Lassez la bon temps BLEAGHHH...

COP: That's it, Coon A$$, downtown for you!

BOUCHET: Mais non! C'est le defile de Mardi Gras!! Uuuuurrrppp

COP: You inbred crawdad sucking moron! This is the ROSE PARADE! Not Mardi Gras!

BOUCHET: Mardi Gras!! Mardi Gras!! Tiger Bait!! Tiger Bait!! YEEEEEEEE!!!

COP (on police radio): Dispatch, I need backup from Rodney King Division, that's now. Bring extra nightsticks, on the double!

starclassic tama
11/30/2006, 01:47 PM
that was a pretty racist trashy post. how ironic, trash mocking trash

RedstickSooner
11/30/2006, 01:47 PM

COP (on police radio): Dispatch, I need backup from Rodney King Division, that's now. Bring extra nightsticks, on the double!

Yo, Mike! You need to ammend this, to include Bouchet complaining about the crpapy throws he's getting from the parade :)

OK2LA
11/30/2006, 01:55 PM

Not sure how it was racist.

I think you might be a little "Rodney King" sensitive. I think he was making a joke (maybe not a good one) at the "kind" of beat down that LSU "Coonass" (which might have tripped you up as well - if you don't know what it acutally means) was going to get while acting like typical lsu fan.

Then again - I might be wrong - he might be a racist.

I just didn't take it that way.

Carry on. :pop:

MikeInNorman
11/30/2006, 02:09 PM
Wow, this is interesting. For the unbelievably humor impaired, and you know who you are, please note:

"CoonA$$" is a common derogatory term for Louisiana swamp dwelling Cajuns, similar to "Hillbilly" or "redneck". I use this term unashamedly, as I was called much worse by the very same at the Sugar Bowl.

"Rodney King Division" is an allusion to the LAPD and their notorious and violent lack of tolerance for other folks. I figure swamp-dwelling, crawdad sucking coona$$es are as "other" as it gets in LA, and will probably discover this the hard way.

Settle down. Or think. Whichever.

TUSooner
11/30/2006, 02:12 PM

#1. There are obviously exceptions, true.

#2. But I have been living amongst LSU fans for 30 years and a large number of them are great big jerks. Even some of my good friends turn into Mr. Hyde when they assume their "Tiger Bait" identities. And Louisianans who are already on the coarse side become totally unbearable idiots. I haven't seen everybody else's fans, but I have taken a lot of sh!t from LSU fans during the time before and after the Sugar Bowl, and even back when Tulane used to play them regularly. So few of them have any grace or class at all; iyt[s just in your face insults, nastiness, and crap. So, based on my experience, I join the crowd that says LSU fans are the worst azzholes evar.

#3. #1 does not change #2.

TUSooner
11/30/2006, 02:16 PM
Yeah, you don't get it.
The only things wrong are that Bouchet's French is waaaay too good, and he didn't complain about the lack of beads and stuff thrown from the Rose Parade floats.

All_Day_28
11/30/2006, 03:18 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15969953/

LSU to play in Rose Bowl, report says
Tigers would battle either USC or Michigan, according to radio report
SportsTicker
Updated: 11:15 a.m. CT Nov 30, 2006

BATON ROUGE, La. - Michigan and Notre Dame apparently will not be staging a rematch in the Rose Bowl.

Baton Rouge television station WAFB reported Thursday that fifth-ranked Louisiana State will play in the Rose Bowl on January 1.

Citing information from a member of the Rose Bowl Board who spoke on the condition of anonymity, the CBS affiliate reports the Tigers will oppose either Michigan or Southern California in the game.

LSU, which went 10-2 in the regular season but finished tied for second in the Southeastern Conference West Division, would become the first SEC team to play in the Rose Bowl since Alabama in 1946.

If second-ranked USC beats UCLA on Saturday, it almost certainly would finish second in the Bowl Championship Series standings and play No. 1 Ohio State in the national championship game in Glendale, Arizona on January 8.

A Trojan victory also would relegate third-ranked Michigan to the Rose Bowl, where it was thought the Wolverines might have to once again face No. 12 Notre Dame, a team they crushed, 47-21, in South Bend on September 16. Like LSU, the Fighting Irish are 10-2, but they also were blown out by USC, 44-24, in Los Angeles last weekend.
The Rose Bowl committee has said this is not true. they are waiting until sunday to make their decision. maybe waiting to see the outcome of the OU game since there have been rumors that the Rose Bowl wants to make a deal with the Fiesta bowl.. guess we'll just have to wait and see..

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2680928

southern sooner
11/30/2006, 04:16 PM
I am a bit lost, isn't LSU #3 in the conference (lost 2 conf games, arkansas had 1), therfore wouldn't both Florida and Arkansas be ahead of LSU???

Canyonero
11/30/2006, 04:20 PM
but LSU beat Ark. in Little Rock and if Florida wins Ark. would have three losses.

SoonerShark
11/30/2006, 04:25 PM
I have never been treated anything but civilly by anybody's fans at any foreign venue except at the Sugar Bowl in early 2004. At the osu game in 2002, where we were blown off of Lewis Field early, I had 35 yard line, 20th row seat where I was nearly the only person in crimson, nobody treated me badly or made a bad comment, although others reported being treated disrespectfully. I stayed for the whole osu game and stood around when it was over, and not one unkind word was directed my way. In 2004, my major memory was a LSU fan screaming that he wanted his boyhood suckled. This was in the presence of ladies and children, and he was merely an example of the many.

Too bad the the 2004 Sugar Bowl did not have to move to Georgia, because LSU would have been handed its "married couple with one set of parents" butt on a platter without a 90-10 split in the seating capacity. Les Miles ****y demeanor belongs with the LSU sort of folks I met, but decent folks would never sit down to eat with him. In the 2004 Sugar Bowl, LSU was able to beat a team led by a injured hobbled Jason White, who had both leg and throwing arm injuries, by only 7 points on mold-riddled turf in its own neighborhood. But of course, I'm not bitter....

People will give LSU fans respect the minute they earn it. Evil suceeds when good men do nothing. Not one person in 2003-04 corrected the behavior of his or her nit-wit Bengal brothers. I have been at games where screaming, drunken buffoons belted out expletives. I quietly would tell the drunken transgressor to please quit, relating that I noticed that with each nasty phrase I noticed older women whincing. The behavior immediately changed. No LSU fan I witnessed reined in their own bufoons.

AllAboutThe'O'
11/30/2006, 04:25 PM
But Florida, if they lose to Arkansas, might raise a stink over not getting a BCS bid since they played in the SEC title game and they beat LSU head-to-head.

SoonerShark
11/30/2006, 04:28 PM

You may be correct. I forgot about the parade. Cajuns screaming for the Rose Queen to bare her breasts might bring a blush or two.

mdklatt
11/30/2006, 04:29 PM
I am a bit lost, isn't LSU #3 in the conference (lost 2 conf games, arkansas had 1), therfore wouldn't both Florida and Arkansas be ahead of LSU???

If a bowl tie-in is "#2 SEC" or whatever it doesn't mean the second-best SEC team in the standings, but rather that the bowl gets second pick from the SEC. The bowl will pick a team based on potential revenue, not it's ranking.

jwlynn64
11/30/2006, 04:32 PM
There are some teams that have to be selected but whichever team loses Saturday (Ark or Fla), will not fit into that category. The Rose Bowl would be free to select LSU.

Canyonero
11/30/2006, 04:37 PM
I don't think it's a done deal that LSU goes to the Rose no matter who wins. Florida did beat LSU, and won it's Div. but it seems most people think Florida is overated, and that LSU is one of the best teams in the country eventhough they have 2 losses. Florida deserves the BCS bid over LSU, but the LSU vs Michigan is a sexier looking match-up.

jwlynn64
11/30/2006, 04:44 PM
If Florida wins, they are going to the Sugar Bowl. Still leaves LSU available for the Rose.

LSUdeek
11/30/2006, 04:48 PM
I have never been treated anything but civilly by anybody's fans at any foreign venue except at the Sugar Bowl in early 2004. At the osu game in 2002, where we were blown off of Lewis Field early, I had 35 yard line, 20th row seat where I was nearly the only person in crimson, nobody treated me badly or made a bad comment, although others reported being treated disrespectfully. I stayed for the whole osu game and stood around when it was over, and not one unkind word was directed my way. In 2004, my major memory was a LSU fan screaming that he wanted his boyhood suckled. This was in the presence of ladies and children, and he was merely an example of the many.

Nobody's denying any of this happened, but you yourself have made several posts recounting this very incident. Isn't it time to let it go? Haven't you made your point?

Too bad the the 2004 Sugar Bowl did not have to move to Georgia, because LSU would have been handed its "married couple with one set of parents" butt on a platter without a 90-10 split in the seating capacity. Les Miles ****y demeanor belongs with the LSU sort of folks I met, but decent folks would never sit down to eat with him. In the 2004 Sugar Bowl, LSU was able to beat a team led by a injured hobbled Jason White, who had both leg and throwing arm injuries, by only 7 points on mold-riddled turf in its own neighborhood. But of course, I'm not bitter....

This paragraph contradicts itself. Either we won because we played in NO or we won because White was hurt.

Ignore the fact that JW threw a gimme Pick6 to Marcus Spears and that your offensive coordinator failed to recognize the gassed state of our DLine and called four straight passes.

People will give LSU fans respect the minute they earn it. Evil suceeds when good men do nothing. Not one person in 2003-04 corrected the behavior of his or her nit-wit Bengal brothers. I have been at games where screaming, drunken buffoons belted out expletives. I quietly would tell the drunken transgressor to please quit, relating that I noticed that with each nasty phrase I noticed older women whincing. The behavior immediately changed. No LSU fan I witnessed reined in their own bufoons.

Nobody wants a fight in New Orleans of all places. NOPD ain't nothing nice.

LSUdeek
11/30/2006, 04:50 PM
I don't think it's a done deal that LSU goes to the Rose no matter who wins. Florida did beat LSU, and won it's Div. but it seems most people think Florida is overated, and that LSU is one of the best teams in the country eventhough they have 2 losses. Florida deserves the BCS bid over LSU, but the LSU vs Michigan is a sexier looking match-up.

Thinking fans and voters can see that LSU is playing the best ball in the league right now. Thanks as well go out to the CBS folks who, during the Arkansas telecast, kindly showed the screwjobs that the refs handed us during the Aub and Fla games.

trey
11/30/2006, 05:05 PM
What if USC loses and Florida beats Arkansas by 30. It's possible that Florida could jump Michigan a play in the title game. This would then drop USC to the Rose to face Michigan. I seriously doubt that the Rose has invited LSU.

mdklatt
11/30/2006, 05:06 PM
This paragraph contradicts itself.

No.

Either we won because we played in NO or we won because White was hurt.

How are these mutually exclusive?

your offensive coordinator failed to recognize the gassed state of our DLine and called four straight passes.

:mad: :O :(

Bourbon St Sooner
11/30/2006, 05:20 PM
Thinking fans and voters can see that LSU is playing the best ball in the league right now. Thanks as well go out to the CBS folks who, during the Arkansas telecast, kindly showed the screwjobs that the refs handed us during the Aub and Fla games.

Is that the same LSU team that had to come from behind in the final seconds on their home field to beat OLE MISS? Before the Arkie game, the only thing LSU had to hang their hat on was beating Tenn playing without it's starting QB. And even in that game they had to come from behind in the final minutes. One good game does not equal playing the best ball in the conference.

LSUdeek
11/30/2006, 05:28 PM
Is that the same LSU team that had to come from behind in the final seconds on their home field to beat OLE MISS? Before the Arkie game, the only thing LSU had to hang their hat on was beating Tenn playing without it's starting QB. And even in that game they had to come from behind in the final minutes. One good game does not equal playing the best ball in the conference.
There's no doubt that we play to the competition. I think it's clear that Crompton has outplayed Ainge over the last half of the season....

I think we were very fortunate that LSU-Ole Miss was not on TV. I'll give you that.

That's no worse than Florida requiring 2 blocked FG's to win against USC and barely holding on against a horrible FSU team.

Bourbon St Sooner
11/30/2006, 05:35 PM
deek, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the LSU game the first one that Ainge was out? The next week, the piggies destroyed them without Ainge. I agree that since Ainge has come back he's been a little shaky, but they were rolling before he got hurt.

Another reason the Ole Miss game surprised me, is LSU has normally blown out weaker competition at home.

I agree that LSU's as good as any team in the conference, but besides the piggy game, they haven't shown it on the field.

And Lester's still a jackass.

LSUdeek
11/30/2006, 05:41 PM
deek, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the LSU game the first one that Ainge was out? The next week, the piggies destroyed them without Ainge. I agree that since Ainge has come back he's been a little shaky, but they were rolling before he got hurt.

He started the LSU game and got sacked several times and taken out of the game. Then Pelini quit rushing Crompton and he beat us on a couple of bombs to Meachem thanks to our soft zone D that he seems to insist on calling at times. JR's 3 Int's including a pick 6 didn't help.

Another reason the Ole Miss game surprised me, is LSU has normally blown out weaker competition at home.

I think we were looking ahead and we started a few seniors that normally don't get ANY playing time.

I agree that LSU's as good as any team in the conference, but besides the piggy game, they haven't shown it on the field.

And Lester's still a jackass.

I think 28-14 over Alabama was the worst they got beat all year. Ark needed a FG miss to win and they were within a touchdown of Auburn.

Scott D
11/30/2006, 05:57 PM
There's no doubt that we play to the competition. I think it's clear that Crompton has outplayed Ainge over the last half of the season....

I think we were very fortunate that LSU-Ole Miss was not on TV. I'll give you that.

That's no worse than Florida requiring 2 blocked FG's to win against USC and barely holding on against a horrible FSU team.

I watched it on TV. Ole Miss going into prevent offense lost that game for them. Although I'll give Russell his props, he moved the ball down the field when he had the opportunities late in that game. When they lined up on that last second drive I knew he was going to make the TD pass, I just assumed Doucet would catch it not Bowe.

SoonerShark
11/30/2006, 07:47 PM
Channel 9 in OKC reported that LSU fans have already pre-purchased over 30,000 Rose Bowl tickets. There is a new Cajun version of Steinbeck's classic tale entitled "The Okra of Wrath."

SoonerShark
11/30/2006, 07:48 PM
If Arkansas beats UF, it would be a shame if the SEC gets two teams in the BCS, anyway.

washington's fave
11/30/2006, 07:54 PM
I think if LSU gets a chance to play Meechigan in the Rose Bow; LSU's defense will beat them up and demolish the p(W)ulverine offense in a way that embarrasses the Little 10!!! :D

Crimson Kid
11/30/2006, 09:20 PM
ESPN.com news services

BATON ROUGE, La. -- LSU fans are buying Rose Bowl tickets in droves, gobbling up 32,000 pre-sale orders at $135 per ticket even though their Tigers have not yet been officially invited to the game.

Baton Rouge television station WAFB reported that No. 5 LSU will play in the Rose Bowl presented by Citi on Jan. 1 in Pasadena, Calif. The station, citing information from a member of the Rose Bowl Board who spoke on the condition of anonymity, reported the Tigers will play either Michigan or Southern California.

"That's not true," Rose Bowl CEO Mitch Dorger told the Shreveport Times on Wednesday night. "We have not made any final decisions at all. I think some people have gone out on a limb and are making assumptions. We will make our decision on Sunday."

LSU athletic director Skip Bertman also would not confirm the report.

But none of that seemed to matter to LSU fans itching for a trip to Pasadena. More than 16,000 tickets for the Rose Bowl were pre-sold between Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday night, LSU ticket manager Brian Broussard told the Shreveport Times, bringing the total of LSU Rose Bowl pre-sales to 32,000.

The school said on its athletics Web site that it is also taking orders for the FedEx Orange Bowl and the Capital One Bowl. On its athletics Web site, the school said it has 19,500 ticket requests for the Orange Bowl and another 17,000 for the Capital One Bowl.

If the second-ranked Trojans beat UCLA on Saturday, they almost certainly would finish second in the Bowl Championship Series standings and play No. 1 Ohio State in the national championship game in Glendale, Ariz., on Jan. 8.

A USC victory would also relegate third-ranked Michigan to the Rose Bowl, where it was thought the Wolverines might get a rematch with No. 12 Notre Dame.

SportsTicker contributed to this story.

LSUdeek
11/30/2006, 09:23 PM
I watched it on TV. Ole Miss going into prevent offense lost that game for them. Although I'll give Russell his props, he moved the ball down the field when he had the opportunities late in that game. When they lined up on that last second drive I knew he was going to make the TD pass, I just assumed Doucet would catch it not Bowe.

that's right, i forgot it was on espn gameplan via tigervision camera.

Cam
11/30/2006, 10:21 PM

Never enough IMO.

Scott D
11/30/2006, 10:23 PM
that's right, i forgot it was on espn gameplan via tigervision camera.

yep, my vote in the AP was lower for LSU because unlike most people I saw the game.:pop:

TripleOption14
11/30/2006, 10:32 PM

WHOA!! Its MurdaFace!! DETHKLOK DETHKLOK DETHKLOK DETHKLOK DETHKLOK!!!!!!! Sorry had to do it. :D

LSUdeek
11/30/2006, 11:33 PM
yep, my vote in the AP was lower for LSU because unlike most people I saw the game.:pop:

:D

TUSooner
12/1/2006, 09:41 AM
Whatever I think of LSU Fandom in General (FiG), LSU is a very good team, and their players seems to have much more class than the FiG. If ND goes to the Rose Bowl instead of LSU, it would be a major screw job against the tigahs. LSU deserves it.