PDA

View Full Version : Dear valued PayPal member

Widescreen
11/30/2006, 11:53 AM
OK, which one of you yahoos has been trying to hack into my paypal account? Now I have to go out to their site, which is now apparently located at 81.8.73.251, and waste my valuable time entering all my personal and financial information. Thanks a lot. :mad:

Dear valued PayPal member:

We have noticed several attempts of fraud. Seems like somebody tried to hack into your account. Your account requires URGENT attention. You are able to log into your account but all your payments are suspended untill you update your personal information. Identity protection matters. And PayPal works day and night to help keep your identity safe. That's why it has come to our attention that your PayPal account information needs to be updated as part of our continuing commitment to protect your account and to reduce the instance of fraud on our website. If you could take 5-10 minutes out of your online experience and update your personal records you will not run into any future problems with the online service.

However, failure to update your records will result in account suspension.

Once you have updated your account records, your PayPal session will not be interrupted and will continue as normal.

orangekaje
11/30/2006, 12:02 PM
Did you follow a link to "paypal" in that email or did you go to their site by manually entering paypal.com?

Osce0la
11/30/2006, 12:03 PM
Did you follow a link to "paypal" in that email or did you go to their site by manually entering paypal.com?
Very important question...

Ike
11/30/2006, 12:13 PM
wierd. when did paypal move to amsterdam?

Boomer.....
11/30/2006, 12:20 PM
I get that crap all of the time from paypal and ebay.

orangekaje
11/30/2006, 12:24 PM
I get that crap all of the time from paypal and ebay.

LOL..

Ya it's not really ebay and Paypal. It's phishing scammers that trick you into clicking their link to their own website that they designed to look exactly like paypal or ebay, and trick you into filling in all of your information so they can use it to take over your account and scam ppl with auctions, etc.

They buy stuff with other people's paypal accounts and then get stuff shipped to nigeria or whereever the scum are and then the seller of said item is most likely out of their cash and product because paypal pays it back to the paypal user.

Widescreen
11/30/2006, 12:26 PM
Uh, I'm not much into phishing. Everyone knows that.

orangekaje
11/30/2006, 12:28 PM
Uh, I'm not much into phishing. Everyone knows that.

Whoops I skimmed over the sarcastic part about you going to #ip_address to fill it in. :D

The good phishers are smart enough to make the url look real by editing the address bar.

Boomer.....
11/30/2006, 02:10 PM
I know that it is a scam. Just saying that I get the emails all of the time.

Stitch Face
11/30/2006, 02:55 PM
Quick! Click on it!

mdklatt
11/30/2006, 05:04 PM
and waste my valuable time entering all my personal and financial information

Give it to me and I'll do it for you.

*crosses fingers*

SicEmBaylor
11/30/2006, 05:08 PM
I actually fell for the paypal scam and followed the link and got about halfway through entering the information until I realized, "wtf this isn't the right paypal address..."

Widescreen
11/30/2006, 05:24 PM
Give it to me and I'll do it for you.

*crosses fingers*
John Helander
President & CEO
GrayBox Services Ltd. &
eState Auction House Ltd.