PDA

View Full Version : GREATEST FOOTBALL GAME EVER

BIG_IKE
11/30/2006, 11:37 AM
Those of you in Texas surely know about this game. The unbelievable PLANO EAST- JOHN TYLER game of 1994. These announcers actually won an ESPY Award. The game was 41-17 with 3 minutes left...well , I won't spoil it for those who never seen it. Here is the last 3 mintes of the game. UNBELIEVABLE

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZHkABO0VwCg

MiccoMacey
11/30/2006, 11:46 AM
That is a clasic...I was told and re-told about that game when I coached in Texas. I feel for those Plano kids, but I have complete admiration for both teams for never quitting.

TMcGee86
11/30/2006, 12:19 PM
My hs team was supposed to play in TX stadium that night but got bumped because of that game. (we were only 3A)

Instead we played Friday night in Birdville in driving sleet and 40 mph wind and the temp a balmy 28 degrees.

Fun times.

(we got donkey stomped, btw)

blackbeauty02
11/30/2006, 01:19 PM
that was freaking crazy. how do you successfully get 3 onsides and score 4 touchdowns in less than 3 minutes. and then how do you let the other return a touchdown to win the game with only seconds. wow. that was awesome.

OK2LA
11/30/2006, 01:21 PM
that was freaking crazy. how do you successfully get 3 onsides and score 4 touchdowns in less than 3 minutes. and then how do you let the other return a touchdown to win the game with only seconds. wow. that was awesome.

I was in Eugene once . . .

Dio
11/30/2006, 01:45 PM
"Good Gawd Amighty!"

Is Plano East the original Plano HS? My cousin went there in the late 70's/ early 80's, and I saw them win a state championship at Texas Stadium around then. The score was tied at the end of regulation, and Plano won by having more first downs.

kelloggOUballa
11/30/2006, 02:12 PM
"Good Gawd Amighty!"

Is Plano East the original Plano HS? My cousin went there in the late 70's/ early 80's, and I saw them win a state championship at Texas Stadium around then. The score was tied at the end of regulation, and Plano won by having more first downs.

haha good ol' penetrations

Sco
11/30/2006, 03:17 PM
"Good Gawd Amighty!"

No. Plano East opened in 1981 as the second senior high school in Plano - West opened a few years back.

I loved graduating from East knowing about that game. One of the greatest comebacks in football history and they blow it in the end. Ah well. I had never seen that video before. That was insane.

BIG_IKE
11/30/2006, 04:14 PM
PLANO was the biggest cheaters in Texas though. Tehy worked their way around the system to their advantage.

Plano had 5,600 students when I was in H.S. What most of the state did not know was the fact that they ONLY had Juniors and Seniors!!!!!! Bull@#$#@$#!!!! 5600 Juniors and Seniors is outlandish. They had seperatre high schools for the 9th and 10th graders with different names and stuff.

josh09
11/30/2006, 06:27 PM
never say die i guess is the moral of this. wow.

freshchris05
11/30/2006, 07:52 PM
"break out the oreo's" hahahahahahaha lmao

Sco
12/1/2006, 02:09 AM
PLANO was the biggest cheaters in Texas though. Tehy worked their way around the system to their advantage.

Plano had 5,600 students when I was in H.S. What most of the state did not know was the fact that they ONLY had Juniors and Seniors!!!!!! Bull@#$#@$#!!!! 5600 Juniors and Seniors is outlandish. They had seperatre high schools for the 9th and 10th graders with different names and stuff.

Uh... they still do. How does that affect anything? They still pull 9th and 10th graders on the varsity teams.

TUSooner
12/1/2006, 09:36 AM
That was a hoot; especially those hayseed announcers who were so totally into the game. Poor guys, I'm sure they did barf after that one; I would have.

It made me think of the Saints game a couple years ago when they scored a TD on a 30-lateral miracle play on the last play of the game vs the Jags, I think. Then they missed the tying extra point. <shakes head>

BIG_IKE
12/1/2006, 09:42 AM
Uh... they still do. How does that affect anything? They still pull 9th and 10th graders on the varsity teams.

Thats even worse. And a disgrace. How do you not win state with almost 6,000 JUNIORS AND SENIORS, not to mention freshman to pull from.

My cousin Derrick Williams was the RB when they won state in the mid 90's.

Sco
12/1/2006, 10:28 AM
^It's not all about what you have available to you. If that were the case, USC and Texas would win more MNC's.

BIG_IKE
12/1/2006, 10:46 AM
^It's not all about what you have available to you. If that were the case, USC and Texas would win more MNC's.
Thats true...

if you have 6,000 bums a 2 studs then chances are you'll suck

Sco
12/1/2006, 02:40 PM
^Yeah... Two of the Plano schools have that problem... East has its ups and downs - this year they're doing pretty well - regional semi-final game tomorrow night.