PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Bowl announces teams

PAW
11/30/2006, 11:25 AM
I didn't expect any announcements until after the CCG.

Cal vs. aTm (http://www.holidaybowl.com/)

Sooner_Bob
11/30/2006, 11:27 AM
Interesting.

KABOOKIE
11/30/2006, 11:36 AM
Texas to the Gator Bowl I bet.

Big Red Cop
11/30/2006, 12:10 PM
Texas to Alamo, would be nice!

badger
11/30/2006, 12:21 PM
they offered a&m the invite yesterday. Cal accepted last week, to the best of my recollection-- it was guaranteed that they weren't going Rose, so Holiday is the next option.

I guess it's time for another round of "Saw Bouncy Bear's Tail Off," golden bear style :D

JohnnyMack
11/30/2006, 12:27 PM
The Cult wasn't getting Gator or Cotton love, so they jumped on the Holiday Bowl before they got slighted and sent down to the Alamo Bowl.

colleyvillesooner
11/30/2006, 12:29 PM
From what I gather it all hinges on the Rutgers/WVU game:

WVU win - WVU to the Gator, helloooooo San Antonio for Texas :D
Rutgers Win - Texas to Gator Bowl.

badger
11/30/2006, 12:32 PM
I think it'll be a good fit for them. They'll be out on that navy/marine area, so the soldiers and congregate.

Spying at texags.com, they say that a&m gear is flying off the sheves, while whorn crap sits out.

Tell me... would the state of Oklahoma turn orange if OSU completed that pass?

hellnohellnohellno

BIG_IKE
11/30/2006, 12:34 PM
One interesting thing is the Texas Bowl. It will feature Rutgers, Louisville or WVU against a Big 12 team.

badger
11/30/2006, 12:36 PM
what is the best part?

texas going to crap bowl if they don't go to the gator bowl :D

caphorns
11/30/2006, 01:21 PM
Ags are going to travel better than Texas this year. You'd think they hung the moon when they beat us. Yet, we sit with the exact same record and are disappointed. Sound familiar Sooner fans?

And there are a number of Ags in this state. But I doubt you see their merch flying off shelves outside of Texas. It's basically the same set of morons buying their 50th or 60th "maroon out" shirt to show up Texas. Genius stuff.

badger
11/30/2006, 01:47 PM
Ags are going to travel better than Texas this year. You'd think they hung the moon when they beat us. Yet, we sit with the exact same record and are disappointed. Sound familiar Sooner fans?

And there are a number of Ags in this state. But I doubt you see their merch flying off shelves outside of Texas. It's basically the same set of morons buying their 50th or 60th "maroon out" shirt to show up Texas. Genius stuff.
real men of genius stuff?

Luthor
11/30/2006, 01:54 PM
Texas to Alamo, would be nice!

As angry as I am about how we went guttless at the end of the season I'd just as soon see us play Viturbo College in the Used Furniture.com Bowl. I have little sympathy for under achievers.

caphorns
11/30/2006, 02:23 PM
Yes. It sucks we only beat the sooners by 18 this year.

I hear your pain Luth, but don't you think you are taking this a tad too far. I mean Viturbo was not that bad.

colleyvillesooner
11/30/2006, 02:26 PM
Sound familiar Sooner fans?

Yep. At least you guys will save some money not having to get those co-champ rings made...again. ;)

Oh, and we're playing in the Big 12 Championship again. Sound familiar.

OklahomaRed
11/30/2006, 02:32 PM
I think it'll be a good fit for them. They'll be out on that navy/marine area, so the soldiers and congregate.

Spying at texags.com, they say that a&m gear is flying off the sheves, while whorn crap sits out.

hellnohellnohellno

You better believe that you would have seen more aggy lite orange out and about !

One thing that is nice, here in the armpit of Texas, I have seen much less texass t-shirt fans at the gym, at the store, etc. It has been refreshing to NOT have to look at all that puke orange ! :D

BoonesFarmSooner
11/30/2006, 02:42 PM

That does sound familiar.... Lots of teams define the success of their seaons, based on a victory over OU.

RRWSooner
11/30/2006, 02:50 PM

hellnohellnohellno

I kid you not, this guy at work has been wearing a horn cap all year. Monday he came in wearing an ATM cap and has been all week. Many other "aggie fans" are making themselves well know. You wouldn't have known who they were last week. Bandwagon fans...:confused:

I would NEVER EVER consider wearing another college team's stuff...

tbl
11/30/2006, 02:54 PM
You have a duty to call that guy out...

BIG_IKE
11/30/2006, 02:56 PM
I wonder what part of Texas YOUR in. Im in Houston and they are still out full force. The Closet Ag fans have emerged though.

caphorns
11/30/2006, 03:14 PM
That does sound familiar.... Lots of teams define the success of their seaons, based on a victory over OU.

I wasn't trying to make this broader statement. 9-3 with a win over the Sooners, Tech in Lubbock and Nebbish in Lincoln is a decent year, but hardly satisfying in this case. The things I wanted for our team out of this year are obviously off the table.

caphorns
11/30/2006, 03:16 PM
I kid you not, this guy at work has been wearing a horn cap all year. Monday he came in wearing an ATM cap and has been all week. Many other "aggie fans" are making themselves well know. You wouldn't have known who they were last week. Bandwagon fans...:confused:

I would NEVER EVER consider wearing another college team's stuff...

That is amazingly pathetic. I've seen some ags coming out of the woodworks. I think they are just trying to get use of those 50-60 shirts they just bought to support the troops ... err ... football team.

Jello Biafra
11/30/2006, 03:17 PM

true true homohorn, but with the way both of "our" teams have played the last 6 weeks, you know as well as everyone on this board does, we would beat you by 19 now.

caphorns
11/30/2006, 03:56 PM
JB - it don't play that way. You guys barely escaped the ags as well so don't go all acting high and mighty. Frankly you barely escaped Okie Lite.

I would be happier with my team if we were sitting in your position however. You guys should be happy. And considering the adversity your team faced, I'm impressed with your coaches as usual. Now as for the rivalry, we've been through these discussions backwards before. May not have been you but 2001 was just the opposite of what we've seen here.

Tear Down This Wall
11/30/2006, 04:02 PM
I hope A&M beats the snot out of Cal the way Tech did a couple of years ago. Is there any team more overrated annually than Cal? The Tedford Cult has become insufferable.

TexasLidig8r
11/30/2006, 04:12 PM
I hope A&M beats the snot out of Cal the way Tech did a couple of years ago. Is there any team more overrated annually than Cal? The Tedford Cult has become insufferable.

With aggy's celebration and worshipping of the quintessential cheap sho artist, Heard, and putting McCoy out of the game, it is even more difficult than usual to wish any good things for the aggy football team. Texags is treating their improbable win as if they had won a national championship.

Go Berzerklyites... Smash them with your granola!!!

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/30/2006, 04:15 PM
luth, you were like our 2001 team - playing way over their heads. it came crashing down around us at the end of the season too...