PDA

View Full Version : Capel's First Signee

brown town sooner
11/30/2006, 09:20 AM
Capel's first signee Cade Davis from Elk City had a stellar game Tuesday night. Davis scored 22 points (four of which were 2 handed slams) 9 rebounds, 6 assists and 5 steals. Looks REALLY good!!! They beat a 5A Altus team 85-64.

badger
11/30/2006, 01:14 PM
Griffin will sign. His brother's already here and he hangs out with the team.

Sorry pokes, but you suck and Griffin doesn't like sheep.

Ash
11/30/2006, 02:37 PM
Davis was kind of under the radar from what I understand, but seems like a solid guy and pretty good player.

It will be interesting to see what he brings to the table.

It's nice to see Capel signing in-state kids quickly, as well.

lubbocksooner
11/30/2006, 04:13 PM
Has there been any more word on a possible big man to go with Longar?

brown town sooner
11/30/2006, 11:50 PM
Davis and Griffin are buds and both played on the same AAU team this last summer. I thought Griffin had already signed...is that not true?

Ash
12/1/2006, 12:14 AM
Davis and Griffin are buds and both played on the same AAU team this last summer. I thought Griffin had already signed...is that not true?

Yes

Capel's recruits (http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&SPID=192&SPORT_TAB_SEL=01&DB_OEM_ID=300&SPSID=2512&ATCLID=682797)

If anything, my guess is the NCAA clearinghouse or whatever the qualifying dealio is called is all that matters (if anything).

I'm pretty sure this info was on another thread.

william_brasky
12/1/2006, 02:43 AM
A friend of mine has seen him play.

He said "think Nate Erdmann."

brown town sooner
12/1/2006, 08:41 AM
william brasky....I would say think more like Ryan Minor.

stoopified
12/1/2006, 10:11 AM
william brasky....I would say think more like Ryan Minor.
Sounds pretty good to me either way.

lubbocksooner
12/1/2006, 10:42 AM
So we have a 6-5 G, another 6-5 G, a 6-6 G and a 6-9 F. Do we have any scholarships left for a Center?

brown town sooner
12/4/2006, 03:36 PM
No word on a big man....they seem to be hard to come by.

Billy_Baller
12/6/2006, 11:28 AM
Someone needs to start a thread about tonight's game, it won't let me.

IronHorseSooner
12/6/2006, 01:06 PM
We lose Neal (SG), Carter (SF/PF), Walker (PG), and Sampson (PG) this year. Two of these new guards are wing-men (2/3), one is a PG (the kid from Georgia), the other is a PF/SF (Griffin). We will be gaining size with all of these recruits. If he could get a big man (6'9" or bigger) to go with this group, then he would have covered all positions on the court, and, if they stay, they could be awesome in a couple of years with Crocker, Maze, AJ, and Taylor Griffin. There has to be some big man out there who could come in. If so, this would also give the Sooners some CRAZY depth, size and athleticism. With losing Godbold the following season, I can see why he went after some wing players, but he does still need a big man.

lubbocksooner
12/6/2006, 02:56 PM
Speaking of Maze any word on when he is coming back. Agreed on the current recruits, with the loss of that may guards we need some in the pipeline.

Ash
12/6/2006, 03:13 PM
We lose Neal (SG), Carter (SF/PF), Walker (PG), and Sampson (PG) this year. Two of these new guards are wing-men (2/3), one is a PG (the kid from Georgia), the other is a PF/SF (Griffin). We will be gaining size with all of these recruits. If he could get a big man (6'9" or bigger) to go with this group, then he would have covered all positions on the court, and, if they stay, they could be awesome in a couple of years with Crocker, Maze, AJ, and Taylor Griffin. There has to be some big man out there who could come in. If so, this would also give the Sooners some CRAZY depth, size and athleticism. With losing Godbold the following season, I can see why he went after some wing players, but he does still need a big man.

Not just size, we need a defensive 4/5 who can bang in the paint, block shots, rebound and intimidate. If they can score, fine, but I'd be happy with someone who basically cleans up the garbage around the basket. Also, it would be nice to have someone lock up a go-to big man so what happened during the Purdue game doesn't happen more often.

brown town sooner
12/9/2006, 08:53 AM
Davis had 25 points and 6 rebounds last night in a win against Wellington, TX. He's currently averaging 25 points and 11 rebounds per game.

lubbocksooner
12/9/2006, 05:31 PM
No word on a big man....they seem to be hard to come by.

I did a some looking and found very few uncommitted big men. Here are a few names that I came up with. Teeng Akol, Orlando Allen and Justin Anyijong. Allen was committed to Seton Hall but changed his mind earlier this year. I could not find any committ info on the other two. None of the 3 list us as a possible place but you never know maybe Coach Capel can interest one of them.

brown town sooner
12/11/2006, 10:19 AM
Davis had 32 points and 9 rebounds against Crooked Oak Satuday night. Another stellar game. I think a lot of you are overlooking him a little because he's way out west and you don't get to see him. He's been listed as high as the #2 player in Oklahoma and is a top 50 in the nation.

Ash
12/11/2006, 01:17 PM
Davis had 32 points and 9 rebounds against Crooked Oak Satuday night. Another stellar game. I think a lot of you are overlooking him a little because he's way out west and you don't get to see him. He's been listed as high as the #2 player in Oklahoma and is a top 50 in the nation.

Not true.

thanks for the updates

brown town sooner
12/11/2006, 01:26 PM
Not true? Where do you get your facts? I'll stand corrected if I'm wrong but I know he's listed as a 3 to 4 star on Rivals.

Ash
12/11/2006, 01:33 PM
Not true? Where do you get your facts? I'll stand corrected if I'm wrong but I know he's listed as a 3 to 4 star on Rivals.

Reread my post...notice what is in bold from your post...think it over...

the thanks for the updates was sincere, FWIW

brown town sooner
12/11/2006, 06:46 PM
sorry ash....I guess I misunderstood your post. I see where you're coming from now. I'll keep all of you updated. His team plays Clinton tomorrow night.

brown town sooner
12/13/2006, 01:19 PM
Davis had 25 points, 7 rebounds and 7 assists in a 19 point win last night over Clinton. Next up...Elgin Festival against the OKC Knights and Tulsa Metro Christian

brown town sooner
12/17/2006, 12:12 AM
Check out my other thread concerning Cade. I'll post updates there from now on. Another strong night tonight. 17 points and 8 rebounds.