PDA

View Full Version : Heavy Snow Warning for KC....

Big Red Cop
11/30/2006, 09:13 AM
through Friday morning! 8-14 inches expected, so if you are heading to KC tomorrow sometime, it might get a little tricky! Anyone up for a snowball fight Saturday??:D

http://www.weather.com/outlook/events/sports/local/USMO0460?from=recentsearch

TheUnnamedSooner
11/30/2006, 09:15 AM
Yeah, let's have snowball fight with all the nu fans, but don't tell them. hehehe

southern sooner
11/30/2006, 09:18 AM
I am sure the field will be in good shape, however, weather in general (cold, snow fall during game), does this help or hurt one team more than the other?? Is Neb use to playing in it??? Has this young OU team played in porr conditions (this yr Colo game was cold but no rain).... thoughts???

Big Red Cop
11/30/2006, 09:25 AM
The only thing that the weather (cold/there will be no snow for the game) will hamper are the hits will hurt just a little more, and ball security could become an issue. But as far as helping either team one way or another, I don't believe it will. It did snow in the NU/Texas game, about the time that NU took the lead, but it stopped and Texas came roaring back!:mad:

yermom
11/30/2006, 10:33 AM
sounds like the drive through Kansass on Friday might get a little rough

i wonder how much extra time it will take...

AzianSooner
11/30/2006, 10:35 AM
if it is cold, whoever has the best running game and runing back will win.

ELP Sooner
11/30/2006, 10:44 AM
KSZ105-MOZ037-302230-
JOHNSON KS-JACKSON-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...OVERLAND PARK...OLATHE...KANSAS CITY...
INDEPENDENCE
322 AM CST THU NOV 30 2006

...HEAVY SNOW WARNING IN EFFECT FROM NOON TODAY TO 6 AM CST
FRIDAY...

.TODAY...CHANCE OF SNOW AND LIGHT FREEZING RAIN LIKELY IN THE
MORNING...THEN SNOW IN THE AFTERNOON. COLDER. SNOW ACCUMULATION
OF 1 TO 2 INCHES. HIGHS IN THE MID 20S. NORTH WINDS 15 TO 20 MPH.
CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION 90 PERCENT.
.TONIGHT...SNOW. SNOW MAY BE HEAVY AT TIMES. SNOW ACCUMULATION OF
7 TO 12 INCHES. STORM TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 8 TO 14 INCHES.
LOWS AROUND 15. NORTH WINDS 15 TO 20 MPH. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION
NEAR 100 PERCENT.
.FRIDAY...PARTLY CLOUDY IN THE MORNING THEN BECOMING MOSTLY
SUNNY. HIGHS AROUND 30. WEST WINDS 5 TO 15 MPH.
.FRIDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLEAR. LOWS AROUND 10. SOUTHWEST WINDS
5 TO 10 MPH.
.SATURDAY...MOSTLY SUNNY. HIGHS AROUND 30. WEST WINDS 5 TO
10 MPH.
.SATURDAY NIGHT...PARTLY CLOUDY. LOWS AROUND 13.
.SUNDAY...MOSTLY SUNNY IN THE MORNING THEN BECOMING PARTLY
CLOUDY. HIGHS IN THE LOWER 30S.
.SUNDAY NIGHT...PARTLY CLOUDY. LOWS AROUND 19.

TrophyCollector
11/30/2006, 11:39 AM
snow is for today - 0% chance of precip on Fri - 10% chance on Sat.

jdsooner
11/30/2006, 11:50 AM
I am glad I will be watching from home this year.

It looks like a blizzard in Ponca City today.

OUstud
11/30/2006, 11:54 AM
Thanks, Big XII, for putting the game in KC once again. 13 degree temperatures are way better than, say, the climate-controlled 71 in Houston. :mad:

SoOnEr_WiThIn
11/30/2006, 11:58 AM
Allen Patrick needs to have the GAME of his lifetime!

TrophyCollector
11/30/2006, 12:13 PM
Thanks, Big XII, for putting the game in KC once again. 13 degree temperatures are way better than, say, the climate-controlled 71 in Houston. :mad:

No kidding, 1 Dallas, 1 H-Town, 1 San Antonio, 8 frozen tundra - WTF?

yermom
11/30/2006, 12:14 PM

yeah, no ****e :D

great timing on making back at 7:00 as well

Herr Scholz
11/30/2006, 12:16 PM
I thought that's how you Big 8 guys liked it? ;) Real football weather.

TrophyCollector
11/30/2006, 12:18 PM

Herr Scholz
11/30/2006, 12:36 PM
I thought you guys didn't like all the Texas influence in the conference? ;) OK, I'll stop. Wish I was going to be freezing on Saturday instead.

recemp
11/30/2006, 01:07 PM
Well, we could've lost to OSU and everybody would be warm and dry....
I'm driving in from Chicago. Starting out on Friday morning. OU/Neb. in the Big XII championship game? That'll be better than Boise St in Phoenix.

JPNSKER
11/30/2006, 01:11 PM
Ah, c'mon guys & gals. Just grab some wool socks & sneak a little schnapps in & you'll be fine!:D

Most reports around here (lincoln) are Sunny & 40 deg w/ 6mph North wind. Although the low is 19:eek: .

PrideTrombone
11/30/2006, 02:01 PM

Well, the 2 St. Louis games would've been in the Edward Jones Dome. And Houston and San Antonio have hosted 2 Big XII Championships apiece.

fadada1
11/30/2006, 02:10 PM
I thought you guys didn't like all the Texas influence in the conference? ;) OK, I'll stop. Wish I was going to be freezing on Saturday instead.
ya'll enjoy jacksonville in december;)

maybe dallas.:D

trey
11/30/2006, 02:13 PM
what a bunch of pu$$ys

Herr Scholz
11/30/2006, 02:32 PM

Thanks but we're going to San Antonio. REAL excited about that one. :rolleyes:

picasso
11/30/2006, 03:02 PM
it's not the freezing at the game or even bad roads that I'm worried about. my concern is the dork driving towards me on the bad roads.

JiuJitsuSooner
11/30/2006, 03:16 PM
They should play AD in the 4th Quarter

boomersooner28
11/30/2006, 05:22 PM
And we have our CCG in Kansas City IN DECEMBER AT NIGHT because why again?

cvsooner
11/30/2006, 05:39 PM
Because the SEC championship game is on earlier in the daytime, in a domed stadium, followed by USC and UCLA in fairly warm and sunny Southern California.

This makes no sense whatsoever. Playing in KC stinks bigtime. St. Louis would be a better venue. We did beat KSU in really cold weather in 2000, though.

Weather will be a factor, no way around it. Neither team has played in really cold weather, but it does raise concern over turnover ratios. Need to play near perfect ball, and let Huskers self-destruct. That's really what happened to OSU. We committed no turnovers and they had several very dumb penalties.

And the game wouldn't have been close if refs had spotted the fumble at the goal line, and/or Birdine, Ah You and Baker make their interceptions late.

aurorasooner
11/30/2006, 05:50 PM
This makes no sense whatsoever. Playing in KC stinks bigtime. St. Louis would be a better venue. We did beat KSU in really cold weather in 2000, though.

while playing in st. louis would certainly be a better venue for the teams. can you imagine sooner fans trying to drive to st. louis tomorrow or saturday morning. nexrad at 4:45 pm cst. http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/9923/screenshot009pl7.jpg this thing is going clear KC much faster than st. louis. it's just ridiculous to have this game anywhere north of dallas, especially in an outdoor stadium. from the look of things in oklahoma it's snowing as far south as ardmore and durant. http://www.wunderground.com/forecasts/OK.html --geez altus reports heavy snow and blowing snow.

Al Gore
11/30/2006, 08:22 PM
BTW.....it's been in the 60's around here. This is the first cold snap of the year for us up North so Nebraska has not played in this weather either......

yermom
11/30/2006, 09:08 PM
except when they played Texass ;)

SoonerInKCMO
11/30/2006, 09:15 PM
Ooohhhh nooooo!!! It might be chiillyyyy for the game!!! Boooooohooooooo!!! That sucks!@! I can't deal with the coooolllld!! Brrrrrrr....

Pussies. :rolleyes:

85sooners
11/30/2006, 09:20 PM
lets get fired up you ****in pussies and whip some cornhusker ***!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boomerbrad
11/30/2006, 09:25 PM
For those traveling the Kansas, KDOT is pretty good about keeping this page up-to-date:

http://511.ksdot.org/kanroadpublic/Ksys/KRDefault.asp

Al Gore
11/30/2006, 09:28 PM
It won't take them long to clear the turnpike.......

utex74
11/30/2006, 09:51 PM
Yeah, let's have snowball fight with all the nu fans, but don't tell them. hehehe

The old line about the weather is the same for both teams is bogus. I think the cold helps Nebraska. And here is a thought, if it is fair for the south division team to play the championship game in Kansas City in the winter it should be fair to have Nebraska play in Austin in September at 2:30 in the afternoon. I think 15 degrees in KC evens out 105 degrees in 70% humidity in Austin!

These games are too important. It is a bit whiney, but put these games inside and take the weather out of the mix. There are enough domed stadiums now. Why is the Big 12 going to the old outdoors in winter?

I don't have a dog in this one but I think it works to your disadvantage.

utex74
11/30/2006, 09:55 PM

We get Jacksonville or San Antonio. The Cotton has the loser of your game Saturday. They already announced it.

StoopTroup
11/30/2006, 10:06 PM
what a bunch of pu$$ys
Says the guy sitting at home watching....

:pop:

sOUnd
12/1/2006, 12:23 AM
No frozen oranges in those snowballs this time. But lookout.

SoonerShark
12/1/2006, 01:25 AM

The Big XII believes you have an Iditirod sled dog conference championship to pick a team to play in a greyhound bowl game.

SoonerShark
12/1/2006, 01:31 AM
The weather in KC this year should favor the conference's third best team to win the conference championship, since it is housed in a frozen wasteland itself. The best team in the Big XII this year is clearly the South champion, the second best team the South's second placed team. Most years, the South's third best team is the conference's third best team, and the fourth place team about even with the North's best. Nebraska is the third best this year, but I would expect them to win the Big XII's absurd KC December nighttime championship game due to the conditions.

But not for one stupid play at the end of its UT game, NU would be 7-1 in conference, too. Conversely, but for one of the weakest roughing the passer calls ever against A&M, NU would be 5-3 in conference, about what NU's record would be if it played in the South this year, going 3-0 against the North, and 2-3 in the South, beating Baylor and A&M. Again, that last scenario is IF NU played in the South, rather than the weak, below Conference USA level Big XII North.

Husker In Oklahoma
12/1/2006, 07:07 AM
Conversely, but for one of the weakest roughing the passer calls ever against A&M, Dude, put down the bong, that call clearly had to be made, he hit him hard a full second and a half after Zac let go of the ball. That said, if we dont get that call, it was still NU's ball, with time left, so who knows what would have happened.

As for the North, get over yourselves. Nebraska is continuing to build (at least Callahan can recruit, the rest, I'm not sure of). KSU beat Texas, who beat you. NU should have beaten Texas. CU pasted Tech. The North carried the Big 12 for the first half of its life. The North will be back, sooner than you think. KSU will get better, CU will get better, Mizzou will be, well Mizzou, KU and ISU will be themselves. Other than CU letting down the North last year in the Big 12 final, the North has won the Big 12 every other year, 35-7 ring any bells? Your right about the South being stronger, mainly because of Texas and OU. I do however, think the gap is shrinking.