PDA

View Full Version : Interesting thoughts from Huskers re: Stoops

Widescreen
11/29/2006, 10:44 PM
http://65.98.70.3/vbbs/showthread.php?t=34248

Overall, pretty complimentary. You can contrast that with Hornfans and it's very different. The Husker fans at huskerpedia seem to respect Stoops a lot more than we respect Callahan. Maybe it's because Stoops hasn't cussed out their fans in Lincoln and resorted to namecalling.

AzianSooner
11/29/2006, 11:25 PM
can you start a new topic say.. "Is Calahan arrogan?"

GottaHavePride
11/30/2006, 12:24 AM
can you start a new topic say.. "Is Calahan arrogan?"

That's like asking "Do ninjas kill people?" ;)

Widescreen
11/30/2006, 12:32 AM
That's like asking "Do ninjas kill people?" ;)
I heard you were dead!

tbl
11/30/2006, 01:29 AM
If anybody is registered there, I think a link to this video would be appropriate.

"I just saw a video clip on kptm of Stoops and Callahan shaking hands after a game. I didn't catch which game it was but I found it very interesting as right after they shook hands, Stoops said something to Callahan that obviously upset him. Callahan responded to Stoops and the angrier Callahan became, the more Stoops was gloating and laughing at him. Some people may consider this as arrogance. I never noticed this before but I think there is no love lost between these two coaches. I always believed that Stoops was very professional, but this clip makes me wonder."

SoonerTerry
11/30/2006, 03:31 AM
If anybody is registered there, I think a link to this video would be appropriate.

"I just saw a video clip on kptm of Stoops and Callahan shaking hands after a game. I didn't catch which game it was but I found it very interesting as right after they shook hands, Stoops said something to Callahan that obviously upset him. Callahan responded to Stoops and the angrier Callahan became, the more Stoops was gloating and laughing at him. Some people may consider this as arrogance. I never noticed this before but I think there is no love lost between these two coaches. I always believed that Stoops was very professional, but this clip makes me wonder."

I need linky....:mad:

crimson&cream
11/30/2006, 05:37 AM
I need linky....:mad:
One called him a crybaby- What?- he's never came close to that, another reported what one old lady thought of him-What? you'll always have a few distractors. Ortherwise they pretty much were complimentary. I love the way he handles PR especially the press when they act like geeks or ask dumb questions.Maybe he could be a bit more subtle on some occassions.

RedStripe
11/30/2006, 11:47 AM
I used to not be able stand Stoops and I still can't . . . not because of arrogance or him being a good coach IMO for a rival team . . . I can't stand the guy because everytime they show him on the sideline he is crying about something.

I guess a throat slash would be the better choice!?

Sooner98
11/30/2006, 11:54 AM

Wasn't that after the '04 game where Callahan thought we "ran it up" on them by scoring an unnecessary late touchdown? :rolleyes:

tbl
11/30/2006, 12:20 PM
That's why I'd like a link. I don't remember any of that...

JohnnyMack
11/30/2006, 12:24 PM
Wasn't that after the '04 game where Callahan thought we "ran it up" on them by scoring an unnecessary late touchdown? :rolleyes:

Or was that when Stoops said something about wishing it had been a more competitive game after NU went fetal position on us?

BigRedTradition
11/30/2006, 12:36 PM
But at least you have to give Callahan credit for spotting a talented kid like Zac Taylor. Or....you could just keep ragging on him.

Either way, I can't wait until the game! :pop:

BTW, I'm the one who started the thread on Huskerpedia.

GottaHavePride
11/30/2006, 01:28 PM
I heard you were dead!

What do you say we play a little "Bangkok rules"?

Scott D
11/30/2006, 01:30 PM
But at least you have to give Callahan credit for spotting a talented kid like Zac Taylor. Or....you could just keep ragging on him.

Either way, I can't wait until the game! :pop:

BTW, I'm the one who started the thread on Huskerpedia.

Start another one about how Callahan is nervous because Lamarr Hunt gave a ticket to Al Davis to watch the game.

Partial Qualifier
11/30/2006, 01:52 PM
That's why I'd like a link. I don't remember any of that...

http://www.kptm.com/news/sports

about 3 minutes or so into the Wednesday Sports video.

Whoever interpreted that as an adversarial exchange probably wears tin foil on his head so the gubmint can't read his mind.

Partial Qualifier
11/30/2006, 02:00 PM
why does huskerpedia hate dns names?