PDA

View Full Version : fiesta/cotton bowl question

bstuff1979
11/29/2006, 10:42 PM
I'm going to be out of the country (in Spain and then Italy) from the end of December through early Jan. and those people think football involves running around and chasing a soccer ball. That being the case, unless there's a sports bar or an OU fan club in the boondocks of Luca, Italy, I'm in need of an alternate means of catching the game. Does anyone know if Fox has anything in the way of a internet/streaming video broadcast or a Mac friendly audio broadcast (107.7's streaming audio hasn't worked for my mac in the past)? Good news is the last time I missed a game (no tv, no radio, and not in the stands) was 63-14. Thanks in advance

mightysooner
11/29/2006, 10:45 PM
Dunno if you can stream it on video anywhere but worst case scenario, you can listen by streaming KRXO.

http://krxo.com/

badger
11/29/2006, 10:46 PM
here you go. just posted:
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2680506
DALLAS -- The loser of the Big 12 championship game between Oklahoma and Nebraska will play in the Cotton Bowl on New Year's Day, the conference announced Wednesday.

The winner of the Big 12 title game receives a Bowl Championship Series bid to the Fiesta Bowl in Glendale, Ariz., on Jan. 1.

The Cotton Bowl will match the Big 12 runner-up against a team from the Southeastern Conference. Boise State is the likely opponent for the Big 12 champ in the Fiesta Bowl.

Texas A&M received an invitation to the Holiday Bowl on Wednesday to face California.

The Gator Bowl notified the Big 12 that it will wait until Sunday to choose either a Big East team or a Big 12 for its game. Texas and West Virginia appear to be the most likely options.

mrjeffmaxwell
11/29/2006, 10:49 PM
Homie, there is an OU fanbase everywhere in the world, they just don't know it.

SoOnEr_WiThIn
11/29/2006, 11:48 PM
Oklahoma Fans bases are probably one of the more wide spread fan bases there are in CFB.

Jimminy Crimson
11/30/2006, 12:06 AM
www.slingbox.com

YWIA!

sooneron
11/30/2006, 12:12 AM
If you are desperate, you can yahoo.

bstuff1979
11/30/2006, 01:33 AM
www.slingbox.com

YWIA!

I'm diggin' this Slinbox option. It may be a bit of a high dollar toy, but if I can't manage to find another option it's well worth the charge for the box and mobile player to catch all the bowl games. I was in Paris during bowl season in '04-05 when there were what seemed like 5 last minute games won on miracle plays. I will not allow myself to go through missing something like that again. I was trying like hell to catch the Rose Bowl and I don't think a single frenchy knew what I was takling about. The irony of asking every snotty parisian where I could watch the Rose Bowl (featuring the equally irritating shorthorns) was fun.

Switzer-lander
11/30/2006, 01:36 AM
Another option is NASN (North American Sports Network), which is finally being added to the cable line-up in a number of European countries. I don't think Italy is one of those yet, but at the rate it's being added, could be on Italian cable any time between now and then. You can also get NASN via Sky, a UK satellite service, but it's doubtful that any bar in Lucca would have it (costs extra).

I haven't seen any evidence that any network other than ESPN can or will do Internet broadcasts. But I wish they would.

Yahoo's bowl coverage has been very spotty in the past. Sadly, I have had to resort to my brother-in-law propping his cell phone against the TV or radio on more than one occasion. A Slingbox has to be better than that.

Incidentally, regarding Sooner fans everywhere, I saw a guy in Ho Chi Minh City wwearing an OU hat a couple of weeks ago. I yelled Boomer, but he was getting into a taxi.

The taxi driver was probably startled when the passenger yelled Sooner at him for no apparent reason.

Ruuuuuufus
11/30/2006, 02:30 AM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1345200#post1345200

bstuff1979
11/30/2006, 02:34 AM
Another option is NASN (North American Sports Network), which is finally being added to the cable line-up in a number of European countries. I don't think Italy is one of those yet, but at the rate it's being added, could be on Italian cable any time between now and then. You can also get NASN via Sky, a UK satellite service, but it's doubtful that any bar in Lucca would have it (costs extra).

I haven't seen any evidence that any network other than ESPN can or will do Internet broadcasts. But I wish they would.

Yahoo's bowl coverage has been very spotty in the past. Sadly, I have had to resort to my brother-in-law propping his cell phone against the TV or radio on more than one occasion. A Slingbox has to be better than that.

Incidentally, regarding Sooner fans everywhere, I saw a guy in Ho Chi Minh City wwearing an OU hat a couple of weeks ago. I yelled Boomer, but he was getting into a taxi.

The taxi driver was probably startled when the passenger yelled Sooner at him for no apparent reason.

I've resorted to the tv audio via cell phone before, but that didn't involve an OU game. That would just make my head explode with Musburger calling a td five minutes before it happens. I've tivo'd some games in the past (miami-fsu last year) and managed to avoid a score for three days, but this may be too much. Could be time to invest in a Slingbox. Thanks for the info though, I'll probably be able to catch some pre-new year's day games in Spain on the NASN before I head over to Luca.

westcoast_OC
11/30/2006, 09:55 PM
My question doesn't exacly fit in with the conversation but couldn't start a thread, and didn't really want to anyway. I'm new to this board, and to be honest new to the team. I currently go to ASU, but am graduating this month and will be attending OU for graduate school. As for my question, if and when OU makes it to the Fiesta Bowl, does the school release tickets to the general public for sale, much like LSU has for the Rose Bowl? I'm all new to this stuff, so I don't know how it works. I thought it would be cool to see my new school in a game before I head out to Norman next year.

Jimminy Crimson
11/30/2006, 10:19 PM
OU's allotment of seats will go to season ticket holders.

Your best bet is through the Fiesta Bowl or finding them somewhere in town, since you're so close.