PDA

View Full Version : More BCS BS

FaninAma
11/29/2006, 02:05 PM
And exactly why has USC been annointed the 2nd best team?

Below is a breakdown of the one loss teams and how they fared against opponents:

USC hasn't really played against a quality defense all year long.

Offensive TD's Scored:
FLORIDA - 44
USC - 43
Michigan - 41

Average Yards per Play:
FLORIDA - 6.51
USC - 5.95
Michigan - 5.64

Top 25 Defenses Faced:
FLORIDA - 5 (will be 6 after Saturday)
Michigan - 3
USC - ZERO

Losses to UNRANKED teams:
USC - 1
FLORIDA - ZERO
Michigan - ZERO

Losses to Top 5 teams:
FLORIDA - 1
Michigan - 1
USC - ZERO

So it must be a problem with our defense, you say?

Scoring Defenses:
FLORIDA is #4 Nationally (allowing 12.3 per game)
Michigan is #9 Nationally (allowing 14.6 per game)
USC is #13 Nationally (allowing 15.1 per game)

mrowl
11/29/2006, 02:08 PM
not really bcs bs, just voters that have no clue.

stoopified
11/29/2006, 02:13 PM
Apparently their IA a lot of Condom love out there.

royalfan5
11/29/2006, 02:17 PM
What has Michigan done to be No.2 besides beat an overrated Notre Dame team, a dubious Wisconsin team, and play OSU close with help from Buckeye mistakes?

TUSooner
11/29/2006, 02:19 PM
not really bcs bs, just voters that have no clue.
The New Orleans guy who didn't know the OU-TTech score was just the pointy tip of the iceberg. Sportswriters are no smarter than the average poster on this board, and probably less attentive.

I say we let the bookies decide!
They put their money where their mouths are.

OK2LA
11/29/2006, 02:21 PM
I think a bigger question that seems to be overlooked in all of this . . . .

Why is Ohio State #1?

yermom
11/29/2006, 02:21 PM
that's hilarious TU

there should totally be a handicapper's poll :D

Frozen Sooner
11/29/2006, 02:23 PM
The New Orleans guy who didn't know the OU-TTech score was just the pointy tip of the iceberg. Sportswriters are no smarter than the average poster on this board, and probably less attentive.

I say we let the bookies decide!
They put their money where their mouths are.

The New Orleans guy who didn't know the OU-TTech score wasn't in any way affecting the BCS.

Just sayin'.

yermom
11/29/2006, 02:27 PM
ok, so replace sports writers with coaches ;)

Scott D
11/29/2006, 02:31 PM
I'm curious...for the BCS haters..and obvious playoff advocates.

Let's say there is a playoff, and it results in Michigan@Ohio State, and this time Michigan wins. Would this still be a split title scenario, or do you give the title to Michigan outright?

tulsaOUfan
11/29/2006, 02:33 PM
I think the BCS is better than what we had before, I think playoffs COULD be an improvement. Nothing's perfect and you'll never satisfy everyone.

FaninAma
11/29/2006, 02:47 PM
I'm curious...for the BCS haters..and obvious playoff advocates.

Let's say there is a playoff, and it results in Michigan@Ohio State, and this time Michigan wins. Would this still be a split title scenario, or do you give the title to Michigan outright?

That happens all the time in highschool football. I don't have a problem with it.

It also has happened in the Big 12 CCG(Remember UT-Colorado in 2001?)

The season is not static. If Michigan wins their way back into the title game then they deserve to be there.

SoonerJLB
11/29/2006, 02:47 PM
And exactly why has USC been annointed the 2nd best team?

Below is a breakdown of the one loss teams and how they fared against opponents:

USC hasn't really played against a quality defense all year long.

I don't think it is who SC lost to (The Beavs #24 in BCS)...it is who they beat up on Arkie (BCS #9), ND (BCS # 10), Cal (BCS #18), Nebbish (BCS #20).
SC didn't look good earlier on in the season with a young team and loads of injuries but they look good now.

OU James
11/29/2006, 02:48 PM
Arkansas and Nebraska showing up after their games with USC, helped them out a ton, if Arkansas/Nebraskas had 6-6 years instead of 10-2/8-3, then USC would be #3, possibly.

OK2LA
11/29/2006, 02:49 PM
I think the BCS is better than what we had before, I think playoffs COULD be an improvement. Nothing's perfect and you'll never satisfy everyone.

Yeah - technically, The Seattle Seahawks won SuperBowl XL

sooner518
11/29/2006, 03:20 PM
USC looks better than Michigan to me. Statistics can be very misleading and self-serving. As far as I'm concerned, USC has beaten better teams than Michigan and have looked better doing so.

It's all subjective and with my own two eyes, I feel that USC and OHio State are the 2 best teams in the country

yermom
11/29/2006, 03:43 PM
but what about Florida?

i'm still hoping for a win by Unlikey Champs Losers Always ;)

FaninAma
11/29/2006, 03:53 PM
I think it's going to take the NCAA uncovering major violations in Petey's program or Ohio State stomping a mudhole in USC in the title game before ESPN and the pollsters disengage themselves from USC's nether regions.

yermom
11/29/2006, 03:59 PM
it would also help if they lost some games

you can't win forever... they will be going the way of Miami in no time ;)

bluedogok
11/29/2006, 04:27 PM
Yep, under the old format Ohio State and USC would be playing in the Rose Bowl and about the only time that game would matter would be this year. In 2000 OU wouldn't have played Florida State since they would have gone to whatever tie-in the ACC had at that time (Peach or Gator?), they wouldn't have played LSU in the Sugar and USC would not have been in the Orange Bowl that year. Ohio State and Miami would not have played.

So yeah the BCS is better than the old system but nowhere near perfect.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/29/2006, 06:04 PM
What About Boise FRiGGIN State? They are 12-0 beyonces

Big Red Ron
11/29/2006, 06:18 PM
not really bcs bs, just voters that have no clue.Which is why the BCS was invented in the first place.:O

Ike
11/29/2006, 06:23 PM
Which is why the BCS was invented in the first place.:O
heh. this is true. then when it became clear that the computers did not fufill the whims of the clueless voters, they did everything they could to make the computers as irrelevant as possible.

I wouldn't be surprised if future BCS changes dictate that the timing of a loss should matter to the computer polls.

Frozen Sooner
11/29/2006, 07:00 PM
heh. this is true. then when it became clear that the computers did not fufill the whims of the clueless voters, they did everything they could to make the computers as irrelevant as possible.

I wouldn't be surprised if future BCS changes dictate that the timing of a loss should matter to the computer polls.

Bingo. Every dang year it's:

"OK, here's a system that's going to ensure a matchup between the best two teams in the country. Here's the formula we're going to use to get there."

End of the year:

"OMG ONOZ THE SYSTEM IS BROKZORZZ! My favorite team got left out and it's BS because of X Y Z!"

Whine until changed, rinse, repeat.

Scott D
11/29/2006, 07:52 PM
That happens all the time in highschool football. I don't have a problem with it.

It also has happened in the Big 12 CCG(Remember UT-Colorado in 2001?)

The season is not static. If Michigan wins their way back into the title game then they deserve to be there.

High school football is nothing in comparison. There is no 'National' champion in high school football.

That brings up the question of the validity/need for CCG's since all of the BCS conferences do not have them.

Either the conference season means something, or it means nothing. Ohio State could feel slighted because they had to unnecessarily play Michigan twice, and at the time both games played they were the most important game at that point. I wouldn't argue that if they won their way back they didn't deserveit , but it's more along the lines of 'how is that system any more fair than what we have now?'

freshchris05
11/29/2006, 08:01 PM
What About Boise FRiGGIN State? They are 12-0 beyonces

isnt boise making a pretty good run at 47? i think i heard that somewhere but i dunno... anyone got their streak?

mrjeffmaxwell
11/29/2006, 08:05 PM
Why can't I create a new thread? And why do I get a notification when I signed up that my E-Mail had been banned here? I have never even seen this place until yesterday. Anyway, since I can't start a new thread, I'll just have to barge in here, ask how, and get the hell out, huh?

OK2LA
11/29/2006, 08:12 PM
isnt boise making a pretty good run at 47? i think i heard that somewhere but i dunno... anyone got their streak?

They are making an EXCELLENT run at our 47 - they are currently on a 12 game winning streak! (They lost to Boston College on 12/28 in the "Computers Bowl" last year):D

Breathe easy . . . .

for now:rolleyes:

freshchris05
11/29/2006, 08:28 PM
thanks... i could have sworn i heard something of a 30+ game win streak...

SoonerGM
11/29/2006, 08:34 PM
maybe that is a regular season win streak???

Scott D
11/29/2006, 08:40 PM
Why can't I create a new thread? And why do I get a notification when I signed up that my E-Mail had been banned here? I have never even seen this place until yesterday. Anyway, since I can't start a new thread, I'll just have to barge in here, ask how, and get the hell out, huh?

I would recommend reading the FAQ young one.

mrjeffmaxwell
11/29/2006, 08:48 PM
I read the sticky about making new threads. Not covered there. I browsed (I'm not reading through all that ****) the FAQ and found nothing. I would recommend a sticky. Oh, and this still doesn't explain why my E-Mails were banned, but I'm more worried about making a new thread. Do I need more posts? If so, how contradicting. No?

Edit- http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/faq.php?s=&do=search&q=thread&match=all&titlesonly=0

If that comes up with nothing, what will?

Frozen Sooner
11/29/2006, 08:53 PM
I read the sticky about making new threads. Not covered there. I browsed (I'm not reading through all that ****) the FAQ and found nothing. I would recommend a sticky. Oh, and this still doesn't explain why my E-Mails were banned, but I'm more worried about making a new thread. Do I need more posts? If so, how contradicting. No?

No.

However, you're not bolstering your case to be able to start threads by saying of the FAQs "I'm not reading through all that ****."

Newbie users are restricted from starting threads during football season so we don't get spammed relentlessly by a) trolls from other schools and b) newbies who just HAVE to register to start yet another "Our fourth quarter offense sucks" thread.

At least, I think it's through football season that the restriction on newbie thread starts runs. For obvious reasons, I don't care.

Scott D
11/29/2006, 08:53 PM
No new threads until x amount of posts made. The email address may have something to do with the provider of the email address. Anything other than that, you'd have to direct the questions to an Admin.

Scott D
11/29/2006, 08:54 PM
nah it's a year round thing now.

mrjeffmaxwell
11/29/2006, 09:08 PM
No.

However, you're not bolstering your case to be able to start threads by saying of the FAQs "I'm not reading through all that ****."

Newbie users are restricted from starting threads during football season so we don't get spammed relentlessly by a) trolls from other schools and b) newbies who just HAVE to register to start yet another "Our fourth quarter offense sucks" thread.

At least, I think it's through football season that the restriction on newbie thread starts runs. For obvious reasons, I don't care.

Seriously. No, seriously. Who reads through the FAQ? And it didn't answer my question, so what credibility does it have???

I just wanted to debut this Bed/lam 2006 (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/faq.php?s=&do=search&q=thread&match=all&titlesonly=0) video that I have been working on. If anybody wants to do me a favor and watch it through(yes, all twelve minutes of it) and give me some feedback it would be greatly appreciated. All the plays are in order, and I don't just throw crap together. I have another vid on that acoount you could check out. Anyway thanks and sorry for the fuss.

Edit- Bed/lam is masked?

OK2LA
11/29/2006, 09:10 PM
maybe that is a regular season win streak???

That would also be a NO.

They lost twice last year: (edit - during the regular season)

http://www.broncosports.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=48555&SPID=4061&DB_OEM_ID=9900&Q_SEASON=2005

OK2LA
11/29/2006, 09:13 PM
Seriously. No, seriously. Who reads through the FAQ? And it didn't answer my question, so what credibility does it have???

I just wanted to debut this Bed/lam 2006 (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/faq.php?s=&do=search&q=thread&match=all&titlesonly=0) video that I have been working on. If anybody wants to do me a favor and watch it through(yes, all twelve minutes of it) and give me some feedback it would be greatly appreciated. All the plays are in order, and I don't just throw crap together. I have another vid on that acoount you could check out. Anyway thanks and sorry for the fuss.

Edit- Bed/lam is masked?

I sent you a pm to try to explain all of this, and yes, all of those questions you have are in the FAQ area - it also explained the situation with your e-mail addy when you signed up.

At any rate - hang around - READ - post, and have fun!

Welcome!

OK2LA