PDA

View Full Version : Is it a mans job?

BoogercountySooner
11/29/2006, 01:09 PM
I got the day off today. The dishes need to be done, there is some laundry to do. The refrigerator is empty except for all the venison that I provided.

My question is: Should I work on this stuff or just set around posting on the SO and watching hunting show's on the TV?

What would ya'll do?:pop:

Oh yea let me add that my wifes at work making twice what I do at my job!

RacerX
11/29/2006, 01:12 PM
Work on that stuff.

Widescreen
11/29/2006, 01:13 PM
Depends on if you want any or not. And if you're OK with various forms of passive aggressive behavior.

BoogercountySooner
11/29/2006, 01:13 PM
I was thinking maybe a nap instead.

orangekaje
11/29/2006, 01:14 PM
If she makes twice as much as you, certainly that isn't fair and she should be punished to do all that junk herself! ;)

Flagstaffsooner
My question is: Should I work on this stuff or just set around posting on the SO and watching Oprah show's on the TV
;)

BoogercountySooner
Depends on if you want any or not. And if you're OK with various forms of passive aggressive behavior.

27 years of marriage and gettin any hasn't ever been an issue!:D

Chuck Bao
11/29/2006, 01:21 PM
Use paper plates and drink beer from the bottle. If you have the day off, the only washing needed, maybe, is just the underwear. Geesh, it is your day off and you did help stock the frig.

Jerk
11/29/2006, 01:21 PM
This has got me into a quandry myself, my wife's income has changed since we got married.

Our first year of marriage - I got paid every Friday and she got paid twice a month, and even then, each one of my weekly paychecks would be more than double the amount of her bi-monthly checks (I was making more than 2x what she was).

But within the last year she has been catching up, and even surpassing me sometimes.

So it's harder for me to justify sitting around and doing nothing, you see? Cuz I'm not THE breadwinnah anymore.

Widescreen
11/29/2006, 01:24 PM
They're not paying much to drywall the McDonald's in Las Colinas, huh?

BeetDigger
11/29/2006, 01:26 PM
They're not paying much to drywall the McDonald's in Las Colinas, huh?

"Hey Peter, check out channel 13. Some chick is giving herself a breast exam."

Jerk
11/29/2006, 01:27 PM
Fu** n A!

BoogercountySooner
11/29/2006, 01:28 PM
I worked umteen hours a day 6 and 7 days a week for years while she was a goin to school when we were 1st married. This went on for 7 years while she was getting all her degree's and a CPA. I've done my hard labor times ya see but I can't afford a housekeeper. I'm off tommorrow and the weather is supposed to be nasty weather outside! Why do something today I can put off until tommorrow?

Sooner in Tampa
11/29/2006, 01:29 PM
Check with SAS on what happens when you DON'T do these things.

frankensooner
11/29/2006, 01:57 PM
Go buy the food. You can get all the man food you want that way. And beer, don't forget the beer. Laundry and dishes...meh.

BoogercountySooner
11/29/2006, 04:57 PM
Go buy the food. You can get all the man food you want that way. And beer, don't forget the beer. Laundry and dishes...meh.

OK I went to the store and bought some Brat's, Frito's, bean dip and the like no beer but I got some Sauza Tequilia. I am a domestic god!:D

GottaHavePride
11/29/2006, 05:03 PM
Heh. I figure if stuff needs doing and you're the only one around, it's your job. ;)

BoogercountySooner
11/29/2006, 05:33 PM
Heh. I figure if stuff needs doing and you're the only one around, it's your job. ;)

Heck fire I think I'll wait another hour until the little lady arrives and I won't be the only one around anymore. It's the only logical thing to do!

sooner n houston
11/29/2006, 06:37 PM
I got the day off today. The dishes need to be done, there is some laundry to do. The refrigerator is empty except for all the venison that I provided.

My question is: Should I work on this stuff or just set around posting on the SO and watching hunting show's on the TV?

What would ya'll do?:pop:

Now see this was real easy until you added that "what would you do" part. The right thing to do is obvious, do what you can. But I have found, over the course of many years of life, that I am more of a "do as I say not as I do" kinda guy. So I may have to think on this one a while! :D

BoogercountySooner
11/29/2006, 06:47 PM
Now see this was real easy until you added that "what would you do" part. The right thing to do is obvious, do what you can. But I have found, over the course of many years of life, that I am more of a "do as I say not as I do" kinda guy. So I may have to think on this one a while! :D

So are you saying I should watch TV?:D

BeetDigger
11/29/2006, 07:15 PM

You'll make someone a fine wife someday. :texan:

usmc-sooner
11/29/2006, 08:24 PM
get some beer, get drunk, call her sister or best friend hit on them

you gotta show them who wears the pants.

Sooner_Bob
11/29/2006, 09:27 PM
I freakin' can't stand it when there's tons of dirty close laying around and the house is a mess. I don't go hog wild and clean the entire place, but I will most definitely do some laundry and load/unload the dishwasher.

I went to Wal-Mart tonight and that right there should mean I don't have to go back until sometime in 2007.

People were stockin' up like we're in for the biggest winter storm ever.

sooneron
11/29/2006, 09:54 PM
Laundry, yes

dishes, no

shopping, yes - I get more steak that way

C&CDean
11/29/2006, 10:40 PM
Laundry? Dishes? Shopping?

I spent lots of money buying my wife a fancy push button washer, dryer, dishwasher and stove/oven. I'll be poked in the pooper if I'm also gonna learn how to work them. Very honestly, I haven't turned on a clothes washer, dryer, or dishwasher in over 10 years. I have turned on a stove and oven, but only when she was out of town and I needed to heat up the eggplant parmagiana she left in a metal pan that I couldn't put in the microwave. She did apologize though for not cutting it up and putting it into microwavable dishes. As she should.

soonerboomer93
11/29/2006, 11:28 PM
Laundry? Dishes? Shopping?

I spent lots of money buying my wife a fancy push button washer, dryer, dishwasher and stove/oven. I'll be poked in the pooper if I'm also gonna learn how to work them. Very honestly, I haven't turned on a clothes washer, dryer, or dishwasher in over 10 years. I have turned on a stove and oven, but only when she was out of town and I needed to heat up the eggplant parmagiana she left in a metal pan that I couldn't put in the microwave. She did apologize though for not cutting it up and putting it into microwavable dishes. As she should.

I expected better. There was no effective rant in this :pop:

Paperclip
11/30/2006, 12:34 AM
I don't know if this is a one size fits all kind of question. In my case, yeah, I'd do it, but that's because my wife works her butt off around the house when she's home and it really makes her feel good if I've done some laundry or something that she doesn't have to do. It's really a pretty easy thing for me to do to make her happy.

BoogercountySooner
11/30/2006, 09:53 AM
Well heres an update! I decided to fix the wifes leaking faucet on her sink in our bathroom before she got home. That is a mans job. Doing that coupled with the fact that I went and got groceries before the Blizzard of 2006 I was her Hero and a workout on the King Sized work bench was in order! The sacrifices that I make!

Sooner_Bob
11/30/2006, 09:56 AM
Heh