PDA

View Full Version : Pat Forde...

Sooner_Havok
11/29/2006, 02:26 AM
I wonder if this guy is on crack half the time.

linky (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=forde_pat&id=2678412)

Coach Of The Year
1. Jim Grobe, Wake Forest (25). The Demon Deacons have never won 10 games before. Doing it after early-season injuries took out the leading returning passer and rusher makes this season simply sublime.
2. Greg Schiano, Rutgers (26). The other previously incomprehensible miracle. You're not supposed to be 10-1 at Rutgers. Under any circumstance other than dropping to I-AA. Yet here the Scarlet Knights are, playing Saturday for the Big East title and a BCS bowl bid.

3. Pete Carroll, USC (27). Yeah, Jim Tressel had to replace nine defensive starters. But Carroll had to replace two Heisman winners in the same backfield. Guess he's done a decent job if it, given the Trojans' 10-1 record and inside track to facing Ohio State in the national title game.

Ok, leave Stoops off your list even though he is on almost everyone elses

Underachieving Conference Of The Year
ACC (30), in a tight battle with the Big 12. Three head coaches and one high-profile offensive coordinator fired or forced out so far. That should tell you what kind of year it was in the ACC.

Ok, so let me get this right. The Big XII sucks...Ok, fine then what of the Pac-10? The Big XII has 7 teams over .500, pac ten 5. The records of those teams you might ask?

Big XII

10-2 Oklahoma
9-3 Texas
9-3 Nebish
9-3 A&M
8-4 Mizzou
7-5 K-state
7-5 Tech

Pac 10

10-1 USC
8-3 Cal
8-4 Oregon State
7-5 Horegon
7-5 Arizona State

As an added note, the Pac-10 also has a team with ONE win this season! Yup, another down year for the Big XII and one more spectacular year for them Pac-10 boys :rolleyes:

BASSooner
11/29/2006, 02:37 AM
eh its ESPN. what else would you expect?

Sooner_Havok
11/29/2006, 02:51 AM
eh its ESPN. what else would you expect?

Your right, expecting anything less than ******rocketry is probably setting my expectations to high

TUSooner
11/29/2006, 09:26 AM
I can see Grobe and Schiano, but Pete Carroll :eek: :eek:
Holy Shibpt! That's absurd. Totally illogical. The guy has so much talent available that Mike Shula could probably have coached them to a 1-loss record this season. And ignoring Bob's job is equally ridiculous. Is Forde living in LA?

southern sooner
11/29/2006, 09:31 AM
hang him...

Easting
11/29/2006, 11:12 AM
That's crazy...

Ash
11/29/2006, 11:14 AM
...apologizes to his wife after sex

Ash
11/29/2006, 11:17 AM
...thinks Breakin' 2 was better than Breakin'.

Dio
11/29/2006, 11:26 AM
...tries to merge into freeway traffic by going 20 m.p.h. up the on-ramp.

ousoonerfan
11/29/2006, 11:47 AM
isn't worthy of any attention.

Theskipster
11/29/2006, 12:41 PM
Ok, so let me get this right. The Big XII sucks...Ok, fine then what of the Pac-10? The Big XII has 7 teams over .500, pac ten 5. The records of those teams you might ask?

Big XII

10-2 Oklahoma
9-3 Texas
9-3 Nebish
9-3 A&M
8-4 Mizzou
7-5 K-state
7-5 Tech

Pac 10

10-1 USC
8-3 Cal
8-4 Oregon State
7-5 Horegon
7-5 Arizona State

As an added note, the Pac-10 also has a team with ONE win this season! Yup, another down year for the Big XII and one more spectacular year for them Pac-10 boys :rolleyes:

Maybe instead of just pure W-L records, we should look at what OOC teams were beaten to make that OOC record?

PAC-10
Notre Dame
Northern Arizona (I-AA)
Eastern Washington (I-AA)
BYU
San Jose State
Arkansas
Utah
Idaho
Rice
Fresno State
Minnesota
Nevada
Colorado
Baylor
Portland State (I-AA)
Nebraska
Stephen F Austin (I-AA)

BIG XII
Toledo
North Texas
Louisiana Tech x2
Northwestern State (I-AA)
Murray State (I-AA)
UAB
Missouri State (I-AA)
The Citadel (I-AA)
SMU
Illinois State (I-AA)
Mississippi
Nicholls State (I-AA)
Washington
UNLV
UL Monroe
Arkansas State
UL Lafayette
Florida Atlantic x2
UTEP
Marshall
Rice
New Mexico
Army
Ohio
South Florida
Troy
Middle Tennessee State
SE Louisiana
Northern Iowa (I-AA)
Sam Houston State (I-AA)
Oregon*

The PAC-10 best wins are Nebraska, Notre Dame, and Arkansas (ALL USC wins). Without USC wins, they still have wins against BYU (AP 20), and wins against Colorado and Baylor.

The BIG XII has attempted to show they are big time by beating Washington, Oregon* (Both by OU) and South Florida.

Looking at wins OOC, the PAC 10 looks quite a bit stronger than the BIG XII right now. Teams other than OU in the BIG XII needs to step up and play (and win) some better OOC games before the BIG XII will be taken seriously for a while.

* Blatant Homer addition. May not be an actual win.

SleestakSooner
11/29/2006, 12:42 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79126

I have already had it up to HERE with Mr. Forde.

His last name used to be McCrotch.

Frozen Sooner
11/29/2006, 12:54 PM
Maybe instead of just pure W-L records, we should look at what OOC teams were beaten to make that OOC record?

PAC-10
Notre Dame
Northern Arizona (I-AA)
Eastern Washington (I-AA)
BYU
San Jose State
Arkansas
Utah
Idaho
Rice
Fresno State
Minnesota
Nevada
Colorado
Baylor
Portland State (I-AA)
Nebraska
Stephen F Austin (I-AA)

BIG XII
Toledo
North Texas
Louisiana Tech x2
Murray State (I-AA)
UAB
Missouri State (I-AA)
The Citadel (I-AA)
SMU
Illinois State (I-AA)
Mississippi
Nicholls State (I-AA)
Washington
UNLV
UL Monroe
Arkansas State
UL Lafayette
Florida Atlantic x2
UTEP
Marshall
Rice
New Mexico
Army
Ohio
South Florida
Troy
Middle Tennessee State
SE Louisiana
Northern Iowa (I-AA)
Sam Houston State (I-AA)
Oregon*

The PAC-10 best wins are Nebraska, Notre Dame, and Arkansas (ALL USC wins). Without USC wins, they still have wins against BYU (AP 20), and wins against Colorado and Baylor.

The BIG XII has attempted to show they are big time by beating Washington, Oregon* (Both by OU) and South Florida.

Looking at wins OOC, the PAC 10 looks quite a bit stronger than the BIG XII right now. Teams other than OU in the BIG XII needs to step up and play (and win) some better OOC games before the BIG XII will be taken seriously for a while.

* Blatant Homer addition. May not be an actual win.

That's a good post, newb. Stick around.

I have no problem with Grobe or Schiano being national coach of the year.

And sure Pete Carroll has a lot of talent on his roster, but it isn't like OU has only been recruiting third-string waterboys for the last six years.

Widescreen
11/29/2006, 01:04 PM
but it isn't like OU has only been recruiting third-string waterboys for the last six years.
You must've overlooked our OL last year. ;)

stoopified
11/29/2006, 02:33 PM
You must've overlooked our OL last year. ;)Heh