PDA

View Full Version : Vick and the bird.

batonrougesooner
11/29/2006, 02:00 AM
So Michael Vick flipped off a few fans after the game Sunday.

The league has fined him 20k for this.

He apologized.

So what?

I saw the replay and I can imagine the people he was directing his gesture to deserved it. I bet they were some trashy fans saying inappropriate things. Not necessarily racial, just nasty.

People buy tickets and think they are entitled to behave anyway they want. I guarantee you the things they said to Vick deserved much more than a raised middle finger. Here you have one of the best athletes of all time taking **** from a couple of fat losers who's only accomplishment in life has been to get the fries in the bag before the burger comes off the grill.

I don't blame the guy one bit.

It isn't hard to imagine the things they were saying to him.

sanantoniosooner
11/29/2006, 02:15 AM
The athletes should be above that.

The league should hire thugs to confront jerks.

SoonerTerry
11/29/2006, 02:56 AM
great quote sanantonio

crimson&cream
11/29/2006, 09:03 AM
So Michael Vick flipped off a few fans after the game Sunday.

The league has fined him 20k for this.

He apologized.

So what?

I saw the replay and I can imagine the people he was directing his gesture to deserved it. I bet they were some trashy fans saying inappropriate things. Not necessarily racial, just nasty.

People buy tickets and think they are entitled to behave anyway they want. I guarantee you the things they said to Vick deserved much more than a raised middle finger. Here you have one of the best athletes of all time taking **** from a couple of fat losers who's only accomplishment in life has been to get the fries in the bag before the burger comes off the grill.

I don't blame the guy one bit.

It isn't hard to imagine the things they were saying to him.
Yep! never mind he's a professional athlete and your going to get boo birds now and then-gotta live with it, and I guess tho according to you they should forget about the ladies and children in the stands that we try and teach to do better than that.Fact is whether it's right or not professionals are held to a different standard- thats why he got fined- and not enough in my opinion- whats 20K to him-peanuts.

mrowl
11/29/2006, 09:11 AM

so in the 100 years or so, of pro sports, NOW, its not right for fans of a team to be ****ed off at a player?

And how the hell is Vick "one of the best athletes of all time"

What has he won? or DONE?

:pop:

starrca23
11/29/2006, 09:15 AM
He is the self-proclaimed "number 1." That is what he was really trying to tell the fans.

southern sooner
11/29/2006, 09:16 AM
even if some were trashy fans that may have deserved a kicking, what about the kids that saw this thug act like a gang banger... wonder how is little brother is doing, didnt he do this several times in college...

TUSooner
11/29/2006, 09:21 AM
It is written: An athlete flipping the bird is almost like dropping the N-bomb; it's never justified.

tulsaOUfan
11/29/2006, 10:44 AM
but then again, $20k to him is like $2 to us

OKLA21FAN
11/29/2006, 10:56 AM
People buy tickets and think they are entitled to behave anyway they want.
Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooo
Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiidddddddddeeeeeeeee errrrrrrrrsssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tear Down This Wall
11/29/2006, 01:56 PM
Michael Vick. Please. Just...nevermind. Glad he's in Atlanta.

starrca23
11/29/2006, 02:15 PM
Most over rated player EVER in the NFL. Agree or disagree.

tulsaOUfan
11/29/2006, 02:30 PM
agree

Widescreen
11/29/2006, 02:32 PM
This thread title would make a great TV show.

Kinda like BJ and the Bear or Chico and the Man

SoonerJLB
11/29/2006, 02:36 PM
A professional athlete should be above flipping the bird to fans (especially if you are a QB...the leader of your team and if they are fans of the team you play for).

yermom
11/29/2006, 04:47 PM
did he ever win anything in college either?

i'm sure he's great and all, but he hasn't done much, there is always this hype around him and the Falcons but it never goes anywhere

maybe he should be returning kicks and playing in the slot or something ;)

C&CDean
11/29/2006, 09:16 PM
I've taken better ****s than Michael Vick. And I wipe my Vince Young when I'm done.

Michael Vick couldn't hold Warren Moon's coke spoon.

Widescreen
11/29/2006, 09:19 PM
Leave it to Dean to cut right to the heart of the matter.