11/28/2006, 11:12 PM
will simpson pull it off?

dook: 53
indy" 51
1:24 to go in game!

ESPN!

PrideTrombone
11/28/2006, 11:16 PM
Typical Kelvin-coached inbounds play... turnover.

badger
11/28/2006, 11:17 PM
whoops!
30 seconds left, still 2 point game. froshie dookie missed ft.

badger
11/28/2006, 11:19 PM
what an ugly loss.

what an ugly win.

you're both losers. now go rot in the nit.

william_brasky
11/28/2006, 11:26 PM
That was some ugly basketball. The IU players seem to have the system down already.

badger
11/28/2006, 11:54 PM
that's good! usually coaching transitions take some getting used to.

oh well. boring basketball to match boring, outdated facilities. zzzzz. now let's all wear red bowling shirts with striped pants and wave to the nursing home crowd.

OKC-SLC
11/29/2006, 01:37 AM
Calvin's boys went into a nice drought in the latter portion of the second half after surging up to make it close.

i had a flashback or 30.

OUSKINS
11/29/2006, 08:23 AM
This is off-topic, but I can't post new threads yet, so I thought I'd put it here.

No one has mentioned TU taking ORU to the woodshed last night. Kind of makes ORU's win in Lawrence even more puzzling. I like Wojik down in Tulsa and they had a frosh (Uzoh) lead them to victory last night. TU should be 8-1 when they play us, by the way.

Also, for those interested, TCU plays at home tonight against Texas Tech. Interested to see what kind of team is headed to Norman Saturday afternoon.

OUstud
11/29/2006, 07:00 PM
^^true that. That was a WTF score.

mrjeffmaxwell
11/29/2006, 08:41 PM
Great game, yo.

CtheB
11/29/2006, 09:31 PM
"It's an easy game, you make your shots, you look good. You miss them, you don't look so good."

"Our guys are just now learning that you don't have to score points to win games."

I wonder if "Naismith" has tried that crap on the IU basketball faithful yet. Probably not, still a honeymoon period. Little does he know that honeymoon's probably gonna end sooner than PSA and Kid Rock's.

Remembering Tom Stidham
11/29/2006, 10:04 PM
Does anyone remember when Billy took one of his weaker clubs to Duke and forced them into overtime? His kids were really dumb, majoring in 'eligibility' as one sportswriter said. Despite our bias about Kelvin, I thought his kids were competitive in a difficult atmosphere.

AllAboutThe'O'
11/30/2006, 03:21 AM
This is off-topic, but I can't post new threads yet, so I thought I'd put it here.

No one has mentioned TU taking ORU to the woodshed last night. Kind of makes ORU's win in Lawrence even more puzzling. I like Wojik down in Tulsa and they had a frosh (Uzoh) lead them to victory last night. TU should be 8-1 when they play us, by the way.

Also, for those interested, TCU plays at home tonight against Texas Tech. Interested to see what kind of team is headed to Norman Saturday afternoon.
TCU got beat by 10 points against Tech. I don't think the Sooners should have any trouble handling the Horned Frogs. Of course, I said the same thing before the 2005 football season opener.:(

badger
11/30/2006, 01:16 PM
calvin just needs more time...and more recruits...and more facilities...and more phone calls...

WHY did they hire him, again?

royalfan5
11/30/2006, 02:33 PM
calvin just needs more time...and more recruits...and more facilities...and more phone calls...

WHY did they hire him, again?
cause Mike Davis is a bad coach.

Ash
11/30/2006, 02:35 PM
Obviously, only one or two posters here has a clue about college bball.

Going into Cameron, even if Duke is in a "down" year (which means top 15 instead of top 5 talent), and winning is VERY tough to say the least.

Whether you like Sampson or not, his club did a pretty impressive job of giving themselves a chance to win against a very good team in an extremely tough place to play. "Moral victories" are for losers but I was impressed that the game was as close as it was. Ugly, fugly, whatever, if you have a chance to win at the end of the game in Cameron you've done something right.

stoopified
12/5/2006, 04:57 PM
Damn my eyes.I thought this thread said Calvin is a dork.

Gandalf_The_Grey
12/5/2006, 05:42 PM
Wow our hatred of Kelvin has reached a new low....he almost beats a Top 10 team on the road and...he is still a ****ty coach!!!! If anybody on here thinks OU can stay within 20 points of Duke at Cameron...they are smoking the wacky weed. I guess if Sampson wins a National Title At Indiana...you guys will be saying "Yeah but it was a down year!!!" You guys talk about Sampson like longwhorn fans talk about Tommie Harris.

badger
12/5/2006, 09:08 PM
Gandalf, Sampson left OU and when he left, he caused our great recruiting class to leave, also. A big "I love you, Keith Clark" goes to the true Sooner for staying, but how can you support a guy who disobeys the NCAA rules, then leaves OU out to dry? President Boren had to put on his "Senator Boren" hat and appeal to the NCAA personally to make sure that Kelvin's krap didn't backfire on us as "lack of institutional control!"

And for that, Kelvin can go to basketball hades. Nothing against a guy that supports Relay for Life and Coaches vs. Cancer here, but everything against a coach that takes the last lifeboat on a burning ship... or should I say, a burning schooner.

Ash
12/5/2006, 10:46 PM
Gandalf, Sampson left OU and when he left, he caused our great recruiting class to leave, also. A big "I love you, Keith Clark" goes to the true Sooner for staying, but how can you support a guy who disobeys the NCAA rules, then leaves OU out to dry? President Boren had to put on his "Senator Boren" hat and appeal to the NCAA personally to make sure that Kelvin's krap didn't backfire on us as "lack of institutional control!"

And for that, Kelvin can go to basketball hades. Nothing against a guy that supports Relay for Life and Coaches vs. Cancer here, but everything against a coach that takes the last lifeboat on a burning ship... or should I say, a burning schooner.

That's all fine and good, but dogging him for nearly pulling out a win against Duke on their home court is just silly.

badger
12/5/2006, 11:22 PM
That's all fine and good, but dogging him for nearly pulling out a win against Duke on their home court is just silly.
it is those types of games where you don't cheer for duke or indiana. you cheer for a power outage.

or better yet, cheer for a wild rabid raccoon to rush the court and bite paulus and all blue shirt-wearing coaches :D

Ash
12/5/2006, 11:34 PM
it is those types of games where you don't cheer for duke or indiana. you cheer for a power outage.

or better yet, cheer for a wild rabid raccoon to rush the court and bite paulus and all blue shirt-wearing coaches :D

Now that's something I can support!

:D