PDA

View Full Version : So when and how does Mike Gundy get fired?

batonrougesooner
11/28/2006, 05:12 PM
Shula's firing at Alabama got me thinking about another university's golden boy.

Gundy has been "The Chosen One" for OSU for several years now. His rise to head coach was preordained. From everything I understand about OSU, he is felt to be the end-all, be-all of OSU coaches from the stand point of the administration and the AD. The fans even think he is the next Bob Stoops.

So when do they open their eyes? How does it happen? Will T. Boone make the call? How many more 6-6 "by golly we almost won it" years will it take before he too is shown the door? How would that play in aggyville?

SleestakSooner
11/28/2006, 05:14 PM
I like the way he pouts... hope they keep him around for many moons!

OSUAggie
11/28/2006, 05:14 PM
Shula's firing at Alabama got me thinking about another university's golden boy.

Gundy has been "The Chosen One" for OSU for several years now. His rise to head coach was preordained. From everything I understand about OSU, he is felt to be the end-all, be-all of OSU coaches from the stand point of the administration and the AD. The fans even think he is the next Bob Stoops.

So when do they open their eyes? How does it happen? Will T. Boone make the call? How many more 6-6 "by golly we almost won it" years will it take before he too is shown the door? How would that play in aggyville?

Years 3 and 4 will tell a lot about Gundy's future... If he doesn't win at least 8 next year he'll feel some heat.

fwsooner22
11/28/2006, 05:19 PM
I cannot tell you all how little I give a $$$$ about that school, its coaches, its alumni, etc........Maybe its because I don't live there but I don't give them a thought unless its game week for any given sport.......There are lots of orange aggies that display their colors around the DFW Metroplex and when I see them it just makes me laugh a little. I enjoy the moment and then move on back to my own silly life.

My two pennies

Tear Down This Wall
11/28/2006, 05:20 PM
He's so little. I don't remember football players being that little...even in the 80s.

Seriously, what if you were - hypothetically speaking - an Aggot football player and Gumby starting yelling at you? I mean, what would you do? Laugh out loud or just chuckle?

King Crimson
11/28/2006, 05:21 PM
i thought the pokes showed a lot of improvement from last year. he's got the facilities to sell to recruits but he's still mostly doing it with Lester's guys at this point.

achiro
11/28/2006, 05:23 PM
His job isn't even close to being in trouble right now. It's only his second season. He seems to be recruiting well already and even with 6 loses a few of those "big games" were really tight. I agree that the next couple of years will make answering that question easier. It won't surprise me at all to see the team have some success and him keep that job for several years. Of course it wouldn't surprise me for boone to decide tomorrow to hire a new coach.

OSUAggie
11/28/2006, 05:27 PM
i thought the pokes showed a lot of improvement from last year. he's got the facilities to sell to recruits but he's still mostly doing it with Lester's guys at this point.

A LOT of his guys were key guys this year.... Plus, he did a lot of recruiting for Lester.

Guys that came in during the Gundy era - Bowman, Savage, Toston, 2 starting OL.... I won't name D players since most of you won't know who they are, but like 5/11 starters came in during Gundy's era (6/11 if you count the alleged rapist).

They're having a decent year so far with recruits, with the chance to have a huge year (also a chance to have a mediocre year) before it's all over. It's still wait and see mode with his job.

oumartin
11/28/2006, 05:30 PM
i actually think he will do a good job over the next few years. that offense is good

JohnnyMack
11/28/2006, 05:32 PM
Next year won't be easy. OU, Saxet & The Cult will all be stout. They'll have a tough time finishing higher than 4th in the south. I too think he's got a 4th year to break through, but it's osu we're talking about, if they get to 7 wins in '07 and then again in '08 they'll think he's ****ing Knute Rockne.

Petro-Sooner
11/28/2006, 05:32 PM
I cannot tell you all how little I give a $$$$ about that school, its coaches, its alumni, etc........Maybe its because I don't live there but I don't give them a thought unless its game week for any given sport.......There are lots of orange aggies that display their colors around the DFW Metroplex and when I see them it just makes me laugh a little. I enjoy the moment and then move on back to my own silly life.

My two pennies

Well put. :D

birddog
11/28/2006, 05:38 PM
i actually think he will do a good job over the next few years. that offense is good

i agree. they have a pretty entertaining offense. there's too many quality players in texas and they know they can play pretty much right away at a school like osu.

JohnnyMack
11/28/2006, 05:39 PM
Date Opponent Location Time (CST) Results Media
Sat, Sep 29 Texas Tech Boone Pickens Stadium TBA
Sat, Oct 06 Texas A&M at College Station, Texas TBA
Sat, Oct 13 Nebraska at Lincoln, Neb. TBA
Sat, Oct 20 Kansas State Boone Pickens Stadium TBA
Sat, Oct 27 Oklahoma at Norman, Okla. TBA
Sat, Nov 03 Texas Boone Pickens Stadium TBA
Sat, Nov 10 Kansas Boone Pickens Stadium TBA
Sat, Nov 17 Baylor at Waco, Texas TBA

They open at GA next year (0-1) then I'm sure they play 3 sisters of the poor and move into conference play.

I'll say they're 3-1 heading into conference play. I think they can go 4 - 4 next year in conference and go 7 - 5.

Oldnslo
11/28/2006, 05:45 PM
it's osu we're talking about, if they get to 7 wins in '07 and then again in '08 they'll think he's ****ing Knute Rockne.
:les: HE'S HAVING SEX WITH A DEAD DOMER COACH?!

David Earl
11/28/2006, 05:56 PM
I believe Gundy is at OSU to stay if their admin handles things right. In other words, I think he'll do as well there as anybody can. If TBP sticks his nose in where his $ is he may mess things up for them. But I belive Gundy is a good coach for the Cowboys.

Stoop Dawg
11/28/2006, 06:08 PM
I honestly don't know Jack about Gundy as a coach. But I wouldn't be surprised if Been Pickins tries to buy a top-tier coach after his stadium is complete.

BudSooner
11/28/2006, 06:11 PM
I believe Gundy is at OSU to stay if their admin handles things right. In other words, I think he'll do as well there as anybody can. If TBP sticks his nose in where his $ is he may mess things up for them. But I belive Gundy is a good coach for the Cowboys.

Best money can buy....in pokeville.

westcoast_sooner
11/28/2006, 06:13 PM
Seems to me that Boone is trying to be a Jerry Jones with a college program. He's pretty much hand-picked the coach, donated a lot of cash to build facilities, etc.

If Gundy wins 8 games a year, and they go to a bowl game, they'll probably keep him for a few years. If the program heads south for a year or two, Boone would probably buy him out, make him is own special assistant or something.

picasso
11/28/2006, 06:16 PM
he was just one win short of getting a raise this season.

westcoast_sooner
11/28/2006, 06:19 PM
he was just one win short of getting his own herd of sheep this season.

Fixed.

SoonerDood
11/28/2006, 06:21 PM
They keep crappy coaches around forever in Pokeville. By and Large Pat Jones lasted for 6 years winning 4 or few games a year. He even survived 0-10-1. Simmons went downhill in a hurry, not that the peak of his hill was ever that high. And the only reason they got rid of him was because we won a National Title.

tommieharris91
11/28/2006, 06:23 PM
I think he could be a lifer there. He'll end up like 20-5 in moral victories vs OU in his career.

King Crimson
11/28/2006, 06:26 PM
And the only reason they got rid of him was because we won a National Title.

that's not accurate i don't think. Simmons coached his last game at OSU against us *in* the 2000 regular season. at which point we were two games away from winning the NC.

OSUAggie
11/28/2006, 06:29 PM
Would you guys rather that both schools are competitive (like basketball), or just assume keep OSU down?

OSUAggie
11/28/2006, 06:30 PM
that's not accurate i don't think. Simmons coached his last game at OSU against us *in* the 2000 regular season. at which point we were two games away from winning the NC.

correct... Simmons was fired the week leading up to the Tech game in 2000, and promptly went to Lubbock and almost beat Tech... i think 58-0 was the final.

SoonerDood
11/28/2006, 06:49 PM
OK schematics aside, we passed them like they were taking a crap on the side of the road, and Teri Dawn et al didn't like it.

OSUAggie
11/28/2006, 06:52 PM
OK schematics aside, we passed them like they were taking a crap on the side of the road, and Teri Dawn et al didn't like it.

That is agreeable... once I read it the 5th time to understand what you were talking about.

GoState
11/28/2006, 07:29 PM
A LOT of his guys were key guys this year.... Plus, he did a lot of recruiting for Lester.

Guys that came in during the Gundy era - Bowman, Savage, Toston, 2 starting OL.... I won't name D players since most of you won't know who they are, but like 5/11 starters came in during Gundy's era (6/11 if you count the alleged rapist).

Other players he recruited who either start or get significant playing time are Andre Sexton (DB - All Big 12 defensive freshman of the year), Zac Robinson (QB), Perrish Cox (DB/KR/PR), Patrick Levine (LB), Brady Bond (OL), and Chris Collins (LB). Our team is very young this year and we only lose a handful of seniors who contribute much.

What worries me is that we lost so many close games this year. I posted in another thread that we have lost four games that were decided in the final minutes and three of those were on the last play. But getting close doesn't cut it, eh? I hope that Gundy will be able to grow and learn how to have our guys finish strong. Stoops has been a freakin' machine at getting his guys to finish games, year after year. Enjoy him while he's there.

The good news for us is that we showed marked improvement from last year. I think he's going to continue that trend and be a good coach for us. I can't wait for the day when the OSU-OU game actually means something more than us just having the chance to play the occasional spoiler to another good OU season. Yeah, well, I might be waiting awhile. It's hard work being an OSU football fan.

picasso
11/28/2006, 07:47 PM
#2, LB was a good player. whoever he was.

look, oSu has always recruited pretty well. they just can't win on an even level. not sure if it can ever happen up there.

The Ensuing Kickoff
11/28/2006, 08:06 PM
**** Mike Gundy in the goat ***.

JohnnyMack
11/28/2006, 08:13 PM
#2, LB was a good player. whoever he was.

look, oSu has always recruited pretty well. they just can't win on an even level. not sure if it can ever happen up there.

Is that their rapist?

Indy Sooner
11/28/2006, 08:32 PM
He doesn't sound very smart. Perfect fit for that college. He's not going anywhere.

AeroSooner7
11/28/2006, 08:40 PM
So here is my take. Gundy was hired as a "Puppet". He was the "golden boy" so it was easy to sell the OSU alumni, he gets a job at a relatively young age at his alma mater. It is a win-win for both. Pickens had this planned when he hired Holder and Gundy. Holder is a yes man and Gundy a puppet. Holder defends and upholds all of T-bones plans and ideas. He already defended the ticket prices, which are outrageous for a lesser caliber team. Those ticket prices were raised because they needed more money for what T-bone started. Gundy will get fired win or lose when the new stadium is completed and OSU has the facilities, and Pickens' money, to go after a bigger name. OSU looks good because they gave him a shot, but mediocrity will not be tolerated so a new, bigger name, coach must be found to get them over the "hump". If they win a few games and go to a few bowls along the way thats just a bonus. Gundy is there to bide time until they have the facilities. :texan:

goingoneight
11/28/2006, 09:42 PM
Would you guys rather that both schools are competitive (like basketball), or just assume keep OSU down?

I'd rather play Nebraska, period.

bluedogok
11/28/2006, 09:43 PM
Simmons committed the cardinal coaching sin of playing his son over better players, he tried to defend it and that was one of the reasons why he got canned.

usmc-sooner
11/28/2006, 09:59 PM
people talk about the upcoming facilities and you'd think they are building a 100,000 seat stadium, folks get a grip they are building a 60,000 seat stadium when they can't sell out 48,000. They are building an indoor facility big deal every top program in the nation had one a few years back.

If OSU wants to get on the football scene they need to take a cue from the wrestling program and be more worried about winning them all instead of being obsessed with OU.

PS I think their affiliation with TBP might end up bad for them, ie rumors surrounding Micheal Goodson.

sportsproducer
11/28/2006, 10:22 PM
USMC Sooner,
What rumor is there surrounding Michael Goodson and TBP?

Mike can be there a long time as long as the Poke faithful realise their limitations and location. Yes they will have nice facilities, however OU, Texas and Nebraska will always be able to counter those things.

I love the fact that Mike is now willing to go schedule a Georgia Home and Home. He needs to keep that up because their OOC schedule has kept them from being cosidered a big time school. OSU will for th emost part battle Tech for 4th in the South Division but can still be considered one of th etop 6 programs in the Big 12 and that is not bad.

They will have years like 2002 and 2003 were they might upset and OU and Nebraska or Texas in the same year. If TBP gets greedy and decides that the OSU football program sshould better OU and Texas then they could have issues. If they schedule good OOC games and win them along with doing well in conference all should be happy and it will always help OU as they will show to play a tough schedule each year. OSU being a good program is great for the big 12.

Texas Golfer
11/28/2006, 10:26 PM
I think Gundy's job is secure for awhile. He'll get better because he'll be able to recruit better. That new facility might sway some recruits that are on the bubble.

TrophyCollector
11/28/2006, 10:33 PM
What worries me is that we lost so many close games this year. I posted in another thread that we have lost four games that were decided in the final minutes and three of those were on the last play. But getting close doesn't cut it, eh?

Since you asked it as a question, HELL NO IT DOESN'T COUNT!

usmc-sooner
11/28/2006, 10:59 PM
USMC Sooner,
What rumor is there surrounding Michael Goodson and TBP?

Mike can be there a long time as long as the Poke faithful realise their limitations and location. Yes they will have nice facilities, however OU, Texas and Nebraska will always be able to counter those things.

I love the fact that Mike is now willing to go schedule a Georgia Home and Home. He needs to keep that up because their OOC schedule has kept them from being cosidered a big time school. OSU will for th emost part battle Tech for 4th in the South Division but can still be considered one of th etop 6 programs in the Big 12 and that is not bad.

They will have years like 2002 and 2003 were they might upset and OU and Nebraska or Texas in the same year. If TBP gets greedy and decides that the OSU football program sshould better OU and Texas then they could have issues. If they schedule good OOC games and win them along with doing well in conference all should be happy and it will always help OU as they will show to play a tough schedule each year. OSU being a good program is great for the big 12.

Their are some A&M fans that swear that Goodsen was offered money. I have no idea if it's true.

Why would OSU being a good program help the B12? It's not like OSU has carried the B12 so far. I guess if Baylor or Kansas and Iowa State was good that would also be good, but they're not. I would love for OSU to get up there but if you think about it Colorado is a much better program and they won 2 games.

tulsaOUfan
11/28/2006, 11:09 PM

My two pennies
That's about how my two pennies play it out too.

KingDavid
11/28/2006, 11:16 PM
No one who looks like that much of a dufus could possibly last as a head coach ANYWHERE except Stoolwater.

I don't think they'll be able to stomach him for more than a couple extra years with that standing-on-end hair shat.

At OSU, he'll need to change to a full on back-woods mullet with rat-tail - then he'll make it for who knows how long.

Mixer!
11/28/2006, 11:18 PM
Holder says he's there until 2010. (http://www.o-state.com/forum/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB1&Number=464087&page=19&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1)

sportsproducer
11/28/2006, 11:20 PM
Thanks USMC, I have not heard that rumor. The Pokes have stated that Goodson, stole from other recruits, recruited OSU recruits to ATM, etc and that is why he is not at OSU.

My thouoghts on OSU are because when I played at OU in the 80's OSU was a strong program, they played good OOC games and had great players. Their being good helped the Big 8 look good at that time.

OSU playiong the likes of Ark St., Missouri State, and Florida Atlantic and then having their collective butts handed to them when they finally face competition does no one any good in the Big 12.

I feel that OSU should easily win 7 to 8 games every year. They are that kind of program and have basically underachieved for years. The fact the Simmons won 3 games vs OU and Miles won two makes the Poke fans feel they were successful. In '02, '03 and '04 they were a better program. The last two season OSU has grossly underachieved. They should not be losing to Houston and the Texas A&M team at home this year. with the players they have on campus and to go 10-13 the last two seasons is an underachievment. However I feel that most of their boosters as well as TBP is so eaten up with beating OU and that is not what wil lhelp their program grow to what it should be. They should not be saying they are a team on the rise becasue they should have never fallen.

Their excuses are no differen than many OU fans in the mid to late 90s when JohnBlake was the HC and OU had sunk to depths that they should have never been.

tulsaOUfan
11/28/2006, 11:23 PM
If OSU wants to get on the football scene they need to take a cue from the wrestling program and be more worried about winning them all instead of being obsessed with OU.
exactly on target!

badger
11/28/2006, 11:31 PM
would gundy leave like miles did if a better opportunity came along?

i mean, lester had the chance to rule the entire state of louisiana and he took it. gundy... well, he can rule the entire flock of sheep in oklahoma, but I'm not sure it's what he wants.

...but on the other hand, he IS an aggie at heart.

wishbonesooner
11/29/2006, 08:49 AM
I'm curious how you could think of Bama and somehow that made you think of OSU?

stoopified
11/29/2006, 05:49 PM
If they schedule three teams every year who are not D-1 Top 100(like this year),Gundy can routinely go between 6-6 and 8-4 every year..Those are aggy dream numbers.Gundy could stay a long time.For his sake,I hope he IS smart enough to take a good job if offerred.Only two things happen to Poke football coaches:They leave oSu for a good job or they get fired.Check out Stanley,Johnson,Jones,Simmons,Miles.

mdklatt
11/29/2006, 05:58 PM
He's 2-0 in ****** moral victories, so he's not going anywhere for awhile.

JohnnyMack
11/29/2006, 06:07 PM
Their excuses are no differen than many OU fans in the mid to late 90s when JohnBlake was the HC and OU had sunk to depths that they should have never been.

Except that OU fan has been there before. Aggie Lite fan hasn't.

There's a difference between sinking to new depths after having stood atop the mountaintop and never having risen above mediocrity.

OSUAggie
11/29/2006, 06:07 PM
'05 was a moral victory?

JohnnyMack
11/29/2006, 06:08 PM
'05 was a moral victory?

Yeah, AD coulda had 4 bills if Stoopsie hadn't pulled him.

OSUAggie
11/29/2006, 06:11 PM
people talk about the upcoming facilities and you'd think they are building a 100,000 seat stadium, folks get a grip they are building a 60,000 seat stadium when they can't sell out 48,000. They are building an indoor facility big deal every top program in the nation had one a few years back.

I think the key to the stadium isn't the size but how nice it is (insert obligatory size matters joke here).... When it is finished, there won't be anywhere "better" as far as fan-friendliness is concerned, which should help attract some other fans. The can't fill the 43,500 (current capacity) argument is understandable but there are many fans that would go to the game if there were a more affordable option (ie non-club seats), which the endzones/corner endzones seats will provide. I expect OSU to avg. somewhere between 50,000-55,000 range after the WEZ project is complete.

The indoor facility is bigger/better than most other like facilities throughout the country.. The key is that OSU is building things in a first-class manner, rather than just throwing something up to say they have it, which some programs have done in the never-ending arms race.

It'll be interesting to see what happens. I think a realistic goal for this program is to consistently reach 3rd place in the B12S within 5 years while threatening for B12SD championships. I think if/when that goal is reached, then it is more appropriate to shoot for real championships, as opposed to simply saying yeah we want to win the whole thing now, before even really building a solid foundation in the program. We'll see what happens, I suppose.

mdklatt
11/29/2006, 06:18 PM
'05 was a moral victory?

Aren't they all?

usmc-sooner
11/29/2006, 08:03 PM
I think the key to the stadium isn't the size but how nice it is (insert obligatory size matters joke here).... When it is finished, there won't be anywhere "better" as far as fan-friendliness is concerned, which should help attract some other fans. The can't fill the 43,500 (current capacity) argument is understandable but there are many fans that would go to the game if there were a more affordable option (ie non-club seats), which the endzones/corner endzones seats will provide. I expect OSU to avg. somewhere between 50,000-55,000 range after the WEZ project is complete.

The indoor facility is bigger/better than most other like facilities throughout the country.. The key is that OSU is building things in a first-class manner, rather than just throwing something up to say they have it, which some programs have done in the never-ending arms race.

It'll be interesting to see what happens. I think a realistic goal for this program is to consistently reach 3rd place in the B12S within 5 years while threatening for B12SD championships. I think if/when that goal is reached, then it is more appropriate to shoot for real championships, as opposed to simply saying yeah we want to win the whole thing now, before even really building a solid foundation in the program. We'll see what happens, I suppose.

let me ask you a question in all seriousness, have you seen most other indoor facilities? Have you even seen the indoor facility at OU? OSU hasn't even built it and it's already bigger and better than most programs. How much bigger does it need to be? Do you need a 200 yd field? I don't get it.

This is what I was talking about, I've got nothing against OSU I think it's a good school. But a lot of fans think they're slingshoting past other programs. They aren't they are catching up. Actually they're not even catching up to the football powerhouses. Also while you guys are catching up, your assuming that other schools are just sitting their doing nothing. Everyone's moving forward improving every year.

I think OSU can do well. If Va Tech can do it then I'll never say OSU can't. I just keep hearing this stuff and I think do these guys realize that other programs have donors as well, do they realize that every other program is making improvements and not standing in cement while OSU sling shots by them.

bluedogok
11/29/2006, 08:23 PM
The UT indoor facility (bubble) is an eyesore right next to I-35, it pales in comparison to OU and others, but that is what happens to early adopters. OSU's indoor facility should be nicer than the rest since they are building it 10-15 years after everyone else built theirs.

mrjeffmaxwell
11/29/2006, 08:40 PM
Hmm. I'm having trouble with these forums. OU forum peeps need FUDD.

Mixer!
11/29/2006, 08:56 PM
Fat, Ugly, Dumb, & Dirty? ;)

birddog
11/29/2006, 09:14 PM
changing their school colors would go a LONG way to helping out that school.

wishbonesooner
11/29/2006, 09:42 PM
The nicest stadium in the world won't win one single game. They're banking their future on having up to date facilities, they need a real coaching staff to win some games.
Having a Top Ten "We almost won" says it all.

mrjeffmaxwell
11/29/2006, 09:43 PM
They are nice when they OU built into there bricks.

mdklatt
11/29/2006, 09:45 PM
Having a Top Ten "We almost won" says it all.

:confused:

sportsproducer
11/29/2006, 10:24 PM
"let me ask you a question in all seriousness, have you seen most other indoor facilities? Have you even seen the indoor facility at OU? OSU hasn't even built it and it's already bigger and better than most programs. How much bigger does it need to be? Do you need a 200 yd field? I don't get it.

This is what I was talking about, I've got nothing against OSU I think it's a good school. But a lot of fans think they're slingshoting past other programs. They aren't they are catching up. Actually they're not even catching up to the football powerhouses. Also while you guys are catching up, your assuming that other schools are just sitting their doing nothing. Everyone's moving forward improving every year.

I think OSU can do well. If Va Tech can do it then I'll never say OSU can't. I just keep hearing this stuff and I think do these guys that other programs have donors as well, do they realize that every other program is making improvements and not standing in cement while OSU sling shots by them"

USMC, BINGO!!!!!
This is what is really comical about the OSU mindset. They feel that it is a situation of hey look at us we are doing something that nobody else has ever doen before, oh and while we are doing it everyone else is simply setting in neutral doing nothing. when that is not the case. It is great that T Boone Pickens has donated the cash to bring OSU up to speed with the rest of the college football world.

What everyone needs to understand, including the Oklahoma media and even some jealous OU fans is that Oklahoma, Texas, Texas A&M and Nebraska already have moneys in place that are larger than what Pickens dontated even after the hedge fund growth. OU as a University has a 1.5 Billion dollar war chest that is at the president's disposal to do whatever he feels is neccessary on any of the campuses. Right now the Norman campus has more construction taking place than any school in the Big 12. This is why the entire east side of Jenkins Avenue has been purchased from Lindsey St. all the way to Highway 9. (This is why O'connels will soon be moving) Nobody is standing still. Facilities also do not win championships. The University of Florida have better facilities than anyone in the Big 12 and have for some time but they do not have the championships that Oklahoma, Nebraska and Texas have.

As I said in an earlier post it is good for OSU to be a good football program but they have underachieved for about 18 years. They have some feel good wins against Oklahoma, however after going 4-2 in Bowl games during the Jimmy Johnson, Pat Jones era the Pokes have 1 Bowl win since 1988. In that same time programs like Kansas State have won 6 bowl games, Virginia tech 6 Bowl games, Louisville 4 Bowl games, Texas Tech 4 Bowl games. None of these schools were even in the same league as OSU in the 80's. And at the time the facilities in Stillwater were really no better than those at that time. They have grossly underachieved for a long time.

EstablishedSooner1967
11/29/2006, 10:28 PM
Mike is a good guy I like him.... we grew up together in MWC. He is in tight with the AD Holder and Pickens.... he has a lot of rope at least until all the building is complete. He is moving them in the right direction with no thugs...

usmc-sooner
11/29/2006, 10:40 PM
Mike is a good guy I like him.... we grew up together in MWC. He is in tight with the AD Holder and Pickens.... he has a lot of rope at least until all the building is complete. He is moving them in the right direction with no thugs...

my question is how is taking over for a team with a winning record and then going 4-8, which happened to be the worst in the B12, then going 6-6 with 3 gimme's an improvement? How in the hell is that considered moving in the right direction?

mrjeffmaxwell
11/29/2006, 10:41 PM
A 200 yard field would be tight.

Sooner in Tampa
11/30/2006, 07:15 AM
How in the blue hell does Gumby get a 4 page thread on OUr site?? Who gives a **** how long Booger Picker let's Gumby coach?? And to hell with the upgrade of the sheepherder stadium...it will just mean more empty seats.

Screw the little brother over in Stoolwater! Smack him around once a year and move on!!!!

soonerjoker
12/2/2006, 12:31 PM
this thread shows much fascination with (non-rival) osu.