PDA

View Full Version : The "I Don't Regularly Watch/Follow Any Particular TV Show" Thread

Tear Down This Wall
11/28/2006, 05:08 PM
There are gobs of threads about this or that worthless TV show or series...24, Lost, etc. Is there anybody out there who has no set TV watching schedule, like me? I mean, seriously, if I watch TV, I just turn the damn thing on and start channel surfing. I probably haven't watched a TV show in back-to-back weeks since The Wonder Years was on.

Osce0la
11/28/2006, 05:20 PM
I watch House every week, and Deal or No Deal at least twice a week. Then football every Saturday (and Sunday, and Thursday)...

BoogercountySooner
11/28/2006, 05:21 PM
Other than Sooner Football and various hunting shows nothing on a regular basis!

Tear Down This Wall
11/28/2006, 05:24 PM
Other than Sooner Football and various hunting shows nothing on a regular basis!

Praise the Lord! There are two of us! You, too, must be gainfully employed and have children. :D

Howzit
11/28/2006, 05:25 PM
Other than OU sports...very little.

I have been watching the HD Discovery Channel some since we got Verizon FIOS, though. Some really amazing stuff, like the praying mantis in South America that hangs out on these flowers and catches/consumes hummingbirds.

tbl
11/28/2006, 05:39 PM
24 starts this January. You don't really have to have a whole lot of backstory to get into each new season. It's really good...

Tear Down This Wall
11/28/2006, 05:44 PM
That's how I do things, Howzit. I'll be surfing along and see some show where an animal is eating another one (or insect). I just have no television structure at all. I don't have TV Guide or anything. I just dart to and fro through the TV world.

SicEmBaylor
11/28/2006, 05:46 PM
24 starts this January. You don't really have to have a whole lot of backstory to get into each new season. It's really good...

Yeah but if he doesn't like having a TV routine then 24 is the very last show he should watch. If you take a bathroom break and miss 5 minutes then you're more or less lost for the rest of the season much less if you miss an entire damned episode. 24 is unwatchable on TV, but once the DVDs come out it's freakin' amazing.

IB4OU2
11/28/2006, 05:47 PM
anything on Cinemax after about 9:30 everynight.

crawfish
11/28/2006, 05:48 PM
Loser. Stop going outside and watch TV.

Frozen Sooner
11/28/2006, 05:51 PM
gainfully employed

Aren't you a trial attorney?

:chicken:

1stTimeCaller
11/28/2006, 05:59 PM

slip & fall

Frozen Sooner
11/28/2006, 06:04 PM
slip & fall

:mad:

Hypothetically, I'm dealing with a slip and fall claim against one of my clients right now.

Lady, you live in Alaska. There was snow on the ground. The lot had been plowed and sanded. Don't wear asinine heels, and you won't fall and bust your hiney.

Fortunately, judges in Alaska take a rather dim view of premises liability on slip and falls up here when the property owner has taken reasonable precautions.

1stTimeCaller
11/28/2006, 06:09 PM
:les: use the search feature, I've read that story before

;)

Frozen Sooner
11/28/2006, 06:11 PM
My apologies. Didn't realize I'd already posted it.

Working on two hours of sleep right now. Insomnia sucks mountain goat testes.

Sooner_Bob
11/28/2006, 06:14 PM
I download more TV shows than I'll ever have time to watch I'm sure.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/28/2006, 06:26 PM
There is nothing I watch regularly on TV...No time and I really dont want to start watching something then miss it for a month and not know whats going on

birddog
11/28/2006, 07:49 PM
king of queens and seinfeld is it for me.

1 hour shows don't do anything for me because commercials have ruined the flow of tv.

yermom
11/28/2006, 08:13 PM
I download more TV shows than I'll ever have time to watch I'm sure.

i'm almost to the point that this is better than TiVo

it's a good backup for sure

MichelleDawn
11/28/2006, 08:22 PM
I watch Grey's Anatomy, Boston Legal, Gilmore Girls, Battlestar Galactica, The L Word, Brotherhood, Friday Night Lights, Studio 60, Class, Brothers and Sisters, and How I met your Mother. haha...But it isn't as bad as it sounds, I use' On Demand' .

JohnnyMack
11/28/2006, 08:32 PM
Every fall I see previews for shows and mean to watch them, Jericho and Heroes being the latest two. I don't ever remember to watch ****. Then again I'm pretty cool with a sporting event, the History Channel or Discovery.

C&CDean
11/28/2006, 08:36 PM
I watch Grey's Anatomy, Boston Legal, Gilmore Girls, Battlestar Galactica, The L Word, Brotherhood, Friday Night Lights, Studio 60, Class, Brothers and Sisters, and How I met your Mother. haha...But it isn't as bad as it sounds, I use' On Demand' .

What in the holy **** are you talking about? I think I've heard of maybe two of these shows, and have never watched any of them. But then again, I breathe oxygen, eat food, and semi have a life.

SoonerInKCMO
11/28/2006, 09:00 PM
I don't watch much of anything beyond sports and whatever might look exciting as I'm flipping through. A lot of times 'whatever might look exciting' is nothing - I had the TV on for about 15 minutes tonight and decided there wasn't anything worth watching.

yermom
11/28/2006, 09:15 PM
there is so much worthless **** on anymore that flipping channels is about the lamest thing ever at times

especially late at night when i would normally be relegated to that activity

Oldnslo
11/28/2006, 09:49 PM
I watch nothing regularly.

Football. History or Science channels.

I have maybe 1 hr a night between dinner/checking homework/kids to sleep before hauling my carcass to bed.

TUSooner
11/28/2006, 09:56 PM
I watch all the football I can find, and some English soccer, and whatever catches my eye if I happen to be watching TV at all. When I'm having football season withdrawal, I might watch some cooking shows. I just can't get committed to any "regular" shows.

Okla-homey
11/28/2006, 10:07 PM
You people need to discover the down home drama and intrigue that is...

American Idol.:D

Returning in February for the 2007 version. Remember, more hillbillies watch that show than anything in the history of television. 75 million trailer park dwellers can't be wrong. Oh yeah, the Homey "Only Contestants from Red States Can Win AI" theory was proven again last year.

olevetonahill
11/29/2006, 12:06 AM
After the OU football season was over Id have my dish turned off , then restart it during season . My tv was on last night to watch the game got board turned that **** off
Ill search for becker reruns If im waiting on something OU related to come on .
I have no clue about any tv show .
I prefer to read or get on here and try to pisz someone off ;)

yermom
11/29/2006, 01:18 AM
You people need to discover the down home drama and intrigue that is...

American Idol.:D

Returning in February for the 2007 version. Remember, more hillbillies watch that show than anything in the history of television. 75 million trailer park dwellers can't be wrong. Oh yeah, the Homey "Only Contestants from Red States Can Win AI" theory was proven again last year.

i can't believe you watch that crap, i can hardly believe anyone does though

of course you root for the cow college in the Iron Bowl too though

VeeJay
11/29/2006, 06:52 AM
Football
Military Channel
Sopranos

"Deal or No Deal" Pshaw How about "no watchee"

Okla-homey
11/29/2006, 07:22 AM
i can't believe you watch that crap, i can hardly believe anyone does though

of course you root for the cow college in the Iron Bowl too though

Look at it this way, it's a show about people being asked to do extraordinary things which must meet the expectations and approval of millions of other people. The last one left standing becomes phenomenally wealthy and famous -- not just a millionnaire or something, real, no kiddin' loaded for life. This is all the more intriguing since all the previous winners, with the exception of Underwood, were relatively poor when they began their quest.

Why is that not even mildly interesting? There's nothing else like that on TV.;)

crawfish
11/29/2006, 08:45 AM
I watch very little that's unplanned, even less that's not DVR'd.

Most TV is a huge waste of time these days, as if it ever wasn't.

ItaliaSooner
11/29/2006, 09:05 AM
About all I watch is The Sopranos, and it's about time for the final season.

Mjcpr
11/29/2006, 09:06 AM
About all I watch is The Sopranos, and it's about time for the final season.

We've heard just about enough out of you.

;)

Tear Down This Wall
11/29/2006, 01:34 PM

No. By the grace of God, I don't have to use the law degree to be in the courtroom inventing negligence claims or defending miscreants. There are so many more paths you can take with a law degree. Like Robert Frost, I took the road less traveled...and that seems to have made all the difference...and such.