PDA

View Full Version : OU's Allotment of Big 12 Tickets has shipped

SoonerShark
11/28/2006, 02:18 PM
I just received an e-mail with UPS tracking from OU, which had the seat assignment on it . The tickets are not as bad as I feared since our allotment is usually horrid. They are endzone corner seats, Section 112, a dozen or so rows up. Nevertheless, paying face value, sitting with like minded folk, and having a room eight miles away from the stadium at my family member's Marriott employee rate means the dogs still get nice Christmas presents.

"Tickets to the big game, $164.00. Hotel room for two nights, $100.00. Gas $70.00. Being a hillbilly in HuskerLand South...Whee-Haw Priceless."

The hillbillies and the Stepford fans converge on Kansas City, where everything's up to date.

colleyvillesooner
11/28/2006, 02:23 PM
How could you tell your seats?

Was this it?

Reference Number 2: OK:116:XX:X,X (but with the numbers filled in)

SoonerShark
11/28/2006, 02:27 PM
How could you tell your seats?

Was this it?

Reference Number 2: OK:116:XX:X,X (but with the numbers filled in)

Yes. Section 116 is relatively great for folks who are not KC Chief season ticket holders. I don't know why the venue's main tenant should have first shot at events such as this.

SoonerShark
11/28/2006, 02:32 PM
The bad thing about the Chief's and other's stadiums that bow out is that by the time you get to the 50 yard line, you are many yards back from the field. At the Sugar Bowl we had second tier endzone seats. We were as close to the action as anybody, most of the time since it was around 35 yards from the sidelines to the first row of the 50 yard line seats. In KC, Section 116 is around the 25 yard line before the sections gets too far away from the field. I sat there for the 2003 Big XII game and the OU-KU game last year. Of course, I started looking for tickets before 8:00 a.m. on the Monday before the game for those games.

colleyvillesooner
11/28/2006, 02:36 PM
Yes. Section 116 is relatively great for folks who are not KC Chief season ticket holders. I don't know why the venue's main tenant should have first shot at events such as this.

I heard somewhere that OU's allotment went from the 50 around to the endzone? The 50 seems a little far to me, but we must wrap around the corner pretty far. I've never sat anywhere but the corner.

SoonerShark
11/28/2006, 02:43 PM
I heard somewhere that OU's allotment went from the 50 around to the endzone? The 50 seems a little far to me, but we must wrap around the corner pretty far. I've never sat anywhere but the corner.

8,700 seats for around 65 yards seems like they are only letting us sit very few deep in each section. When OU was in the basketball subregional with eight teams at the venue the tickets were sucked up by the school and by the boys who service State Rep. Gov. Sen. Pres. David Boren, and the like. Very few went to the folks who actually pay the bills around school.