PDA

View Full Version : James Patton

rhombic21
11/28/2006, 01:03 PM
Nobody is talking about this guy, but he's done a hell of a coaching job.

The improvement in the OL over the season has been tremendous. It's amazing to think back to August and what the expectations were for this group, and to look at how they have played down the stretch.

Any time that you have a true freshman starting at OT, and then 3 sophomores and only 1 senior (who is probably the least talented of the bunch), on the rest of the line, and you're able to go out and physically dominate people during the meat of the Big 12 schedule, that's impressive. What's even scarier is to think about the yardage that we'd have amassed in the run game if AD hadn't gotten hurt right when the OL started to come together.

Give our runningbacks credit. Patrick and Brown have been excellent considering their lack of experience, and the future looks good with those guys. But I don't think that anybody could have predicted at the beginning of the year that we would be able to run the ball this well even after AD got hurt. And Patton needs to get a ton of credit for that.

instigator
11/28/2006, 01:16 PM
I think he's done a great job too.

Too bad he's leaving to coach Miami.

AzianSooner
11/28/2006, 01:47 PM
I have always said that the new OL coach from Northwestern is Awesome. But, I disagree with instigator about leaving for Miami. Patton needs time and experience to be a candidate of a head coaching job in a major univiersity.

Paperclip
11/28/2006, 02:07 PM
We really need to do something about that sarcasm filter.

PAW
11/28/2006, 02:21 PM
A piece of spaghetti or an offensive unit can only be led by the offensive line. ;)

Tear Down This Wall
11/28/2006, 05:12 PM
Yes, the line was much better this year than last year.

goingoneight
11/28/2006, 09:23 PM
I agree that JP has done well. I honestly wish people would stop crying about OUr offensive playcalling right now just because Jason White isn't throwing hook-and-laterals. We're doind what it takes to win, and we're doing that successfully. OUr offensive staff this year has seen an awesome performance by the receivers, the running backs, all of which are getting 60 to 170 or more yards per game are also doing awesome, and let us not forget that we were "left for dead with the loss of a starting quarterback, a young and inexperienced OL and if AD goes down, we're done..."

Adaptation this season has been nothing short of incredible. Guaranteed, no Chuck Long offense would have gone this far with a WR at QB, a DB at RB, and injuries slowly but surely plaguing us.

This just shows that OUr staff can adapt to OUr player's abilities and that they are winners. The 50-point victories will come again when OUr unit solidifies again, as in, all players on the same note like the 2003 team was.

instigator
11/28/2006, 10:22 PM
We really need to do something about that sarcasm filter.
Heh