PDA

View Full Version : MIAMI is after STOOPS

BIG_IKE
11/28/2006, 09:11 AM
Here is the link to the latest coaching changes, and the candidates for the open jobs. Bob Stoops is listed as a candidate for the Miami job. Good Riddance.

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=1144&CID=606251

tulsaOUfan
11/28/2006, 09:15 AM
I doubt real seriously that stoops would even talk to them let alone consider it. Stoops is always on the media's lists of teams the media think are high profile jobs.

OUDoc
11/28/2006, 09:17 AM
Damn! What does Dean Blevins say? ;)

SouthFortySooner
11/28/2006, 09:20 AM
There is a beach too, also..

soonerinabilene
that would be a step down for stoops. no way he is even interested. that is not a desirable place for anyone to go right now. i was afraid we would see leach on that list though. it would be a lot of fun to see what he could do with real athletes, but i think he should wait until bowden finally sees that he needs to retire and go after fsu.

Boomer Mooner
Good Riddance? To Stoops? Do you smoke crack or what?:confused:

soonernation
11/28/2006, 09:23 AM
NEVER HAPPEN

tulsaOUfan
11/28/2006, 09:24 AM

must be a closet okie lite fan hoping for Stoops to go anywhere, just anywhere but OU.

Boomer.....
11/28/2006, 09:25 AM
Not a chance

Sooner in Tampa
11/28/2006, 09:32 AM
No way No how Bob will ever coach Thug U.

tulsaOUfan
11/28/2006, 09:36 AM
besides, rivals.com is just listing him as one of about 10 possibles. it's just a media created list, it doesn't even name an "un-named" source

duncansooner
11/28/2006, 09:38 AM
That list has Vance Bedford from OSU as a possible DC at Texas?

Their credibility went to pot right there.

RRWSooner
11/28/2006, 09:41 AM
That one should be a no-brainer. No way would Stoops go to Miami (unless he's a big fan of nudy beaches;) )

MamaMia
11/28/2006, 09:41 AM
These types of rumors always start around the holidays, and thats probably all this is. That being said, I wouldn't worry about it. I greatly admire Coach Stoops and would certainly hate to see him go, but it will happen some day. What we need to keep in mind when all these offers are being made and all these rumors are flying around, is that the University of Oklahoma is bigger than any one coach. Even though we have had our struggles, we are about winning championships and we can win do that with or without him. So lets keep our chins up and our heads held high and enjoy the moment at hand. :)

BIG_IKE
11/28/2006, 09:42 AM
Holy Smokes...I have been misusing the term "Good Riddance" all this time!

noun

The act of getting rid of something useless or used up: disposal, dumping, elimination, jettison. See keep/release.
The act or process of eliminating: clearance, elimination, eradication, liquidation, purge, removal. See keep/release.

Im such a dumbass...
I meant to say good luck in a sarcastic sort of way, meaning it would be highly unlikely. I need to leave my Wild Turkey alone.

Beef
11/28/2006, 09:44 AM
I'm sure Alabama, NC State, ASU, and Cincinnati want Stoops, too. I'm sure Mack wants Stoops as his new DC. I also thought Bob was secretly coaching Florida this season.

TUSooner
11/28/2006, 09:44 AM

REALLY. Ike is a dope! :D

Edit: I forget the ":D" ; I KNOW Ike has got to be kidding.

tulsaOUfan
11/28/2006, 09:45 AM
they've been saying "it will happen some day" ever since the 2000 NC and Stoops keeps proving them wrong. I'm beginning to believe Stoops when he says that he's here as long as we want him, that he doesn't want to coach anywhere else in college or pros. And since 2000 he's had just about every opportunity too.

Veritas
11/28/2006, 09:48 AM
Stoops to Miami rumors make me laugh. Never. Happen.

Thug U's best shot is Greg Schiano, who will probably tell them to suck it.

Paperclip
11/28/2006, 09:49 AM
Mark Stoops back to Miami makes more sense than Bob.

Gandalf_The_Grey
11/28/2006, 09:51 AM
Well if this was Ohio State or Notre Dame, you could argue that just maybe he mgiht be interested. The fact of the matter is that he turned down a team in Florida that he had a connection with, has better facilities, and plays in a better conference...Miami is a step backwards at best.

picasso
11/28/2006, 09:53 AM

noun

The act of getting rid of something useless or used up: disposal, dumping, elimination, jettison. See keep/release.
The act or process of eliminating: clearance, elimination, eradication, liquidation, purge, removal. See keep/release.

Im such a dumbass...
I meant to say good luck in a sarcastic sort of way, meaning it would be highly unlikely. I need to leave my Wild Turkey alone.
thanks for clearing that up.:D

sanantoniosooner
11/28/2006, 09:54 AM
IKE is a maroon :D

sanantoniosooner
11/28/2006, 09:55 AM

noun

Im such a dumbass...
I can't stop laughing.

This may be the funniest thing I've read in years. :D :D:D :D

Mjcpr
11/28/2006, 10:03 AM
I don't think we'll be confusing IKE and BIG_IKE anytime soon.

:D

MiccoMacey
11/28/2006, 10:08 AM
Actually, Stoops has lost his shine here at OU.

It'd be a good move to Miami. He can't beat Mack anymore, he's been exposed for not winning the big games anymore, our recruiting is going to suffer for it, and Texas will be the class of the Big Twelve from here on out.

Plus, we have no QB next year, AD is gone...it makes sense to jump ship right now.

It's been a good ride but it's probably best he leave now. Maybe we can get a good coach to replace him if we cut him now, like a Greg Davis from Texas or a really good High School coach. Plus the longer we wait, the more Texas will have a clear-cut advantage in recruiting this year. Hopefully it's not too late to save our program from total destruction.

JohnnyMack
11/28/2006, 10:14 AM
That would be cool if Stoops went to The U. Where's their first road game next year?

Paperclip
11/28/2006, 10:17 AM

noun

Im such a dumbass...

We get fringe benefits, not French ones.

EstablishedSooner1967
11/28/2006, 10:18 AM
paperclip..... love that pic..LOL Stoops needs a raise and contract extension.. Let Mark go to Miami... Plus Bob does not want that Miami head ache..

Veritas
11/28/2006, 10:21 AM
Plus Bob does not want that Miami head ache..
Ed Zackery.

Miami is to coaching jobs as Terrell Owens is to wide receivers. Lotsa glitz, big plays, great talent, but at the end of the day you find your balls being dropped and end up wanting to kill yourself.

BIG_IKE
11/28/2006, 10:30 AM
Stoops will probably pull a Bobby Bowden...he is only 46...he realistically could be the Sooner Coach in 30 years...wow..he would be legendary if he did that.

Young guys are quicker to jump at money though too'. Which is why I think Spurrier may not care about that 4 million a year Bama is offering...but damn thats alot of money!

mrowl
11/28/2006, 10:31 AM
Stoops will probably pull a Bobby Bowden...he is only 46...he realistically could be the Sooner Coach in 30 years...wow..he would be legendary if he did that.

Young guys are quicker to jump at money though too'. Which is why I think Spurrier may not care about that 4 million a year Bama is offering...but damn thats alot of money!

I think you need to edit the title to something about "a website is reporting stoops as a candidate"

There is no indication that Miami has any interest.

sanantoniosooner
11/28/2006, 10:33 AM
I think you need to edit the title to something about "a website is reporting stoops as a candidate"

There is no indication that Miami has any interest.
how about editing it to say "I don't know what 'good riddance' means"

BIG_IKE
11/28/2006, 10:52 AM
how about editing it to say "I don't know what 'good riddance' means"
hey hey hey! I do now! :D
noun

I stopped drinking for a minute and started reading!:pop:

Rock Hard Corn Frog
11/28/2006, 11:03 AM
I need to leave my Wild Turkey alone.

Yeah, that poor bird is probably a little sore by now. :eek:

boomrsoonr
11/28/2006, 11:23 AM
The Miami AD would never hire Bob. He knows without a doubt that Bob would walk into the locker room, and kick every player there off the team.

MamaMia
11/28/2006, 11:34 AM
The Miami AD would never hire Bob. He knows without a doubt that Bob would walk into the locker room, and kick every player there off the team.
Thats a very good point. :D

crawfish
11/28/2006, 11:37 AM
Damn! What does Dean Blevins say? ;)

80-30 he goes.

Paperclip
11/28/2006, 11:40 AM
Let's think about this too, David Boren or Donna Shalala.

tulsaOUfan
11/28/2006, 11:45 AM
Let's think about this too, David Boren or Donna Shalala.
good point

OUswagger
11/28/2006, 11:57 AM
he's already seen what happeneed spurrier. Coach Stoops has always backed up his word, and said he'd stay till the third NC. Forget it that he's gone.

The Consumate Showman
11/28/2006, 01:37 PM
Actually, Stoops has lost his shine here at OU.

It'd be a good move to Miami. He can't beat Mack anymore, he's been exposed for not winning the big games anymore, our recruiting is going to suffer for it, and Texas will be the class of the Big Twelve from here on out.

Plus, we have no QB next year, AD is gone...it makes sense to jump ship right now.

It's been a good ride but it's probably best he leave now. Maybe we can get a good coach to replace him if we cut him now, like a Greg Davis from Texas or a really good High School coach. Plus the longer we wait, the more Texas will have a clear-cut advantage in recruiting this year. Hopefully it's not too late to save our program from total destruction.

I hope you're joking...

Sooner in Tampa
11/28/2006, 01:49 PM
I hope you're joking...Dude...I guess you missed the sarcasm.
Micco is just playing along with the dumbarse ThugU jagoffs.

Widescreen
11/28/2006, 01:53 PM
he's already seen what happeneed spurrier. Coach Stoops has always backed up his word, and said he'd stay till the third NC. Forget it that he's gone.
I don't recall him ever saying that. Do you have a link?

tulsaOUfan
11/28/2006, 02:03 PM
yeah, he's said nothing about how many NCs he gets. He's always said he'll stay as long as we want him.

The Consumate Showman
11/28/2006, 02:05 PM
Oh, and from what I've been hearing, there are actually some legs to this story thus far. I don't know how substantial the rumor mill is on this, but there is a lot of talk that Stoops has looked into this.

One thing no one is talking about is the NCAA investigation and it's possible affects on the university. Are we going to be hit with some serious infractions? Are we going to get off the hook with little or no consequences? These questions reamin unanswered and until the NCAA rules officially on this, there will remain a lot of talk on whether or not Bob is thinking about getting out of Dodge...

tulsaOUfan
11/28/2006, 02:08 PM
He just said in his weekly press conference that he's not interested in any open jobs. this thing needs to die a silent death, the fat lady has sung.

Jerk
11/28/2006, 02:08 PM
"alot of talk that Stoops has looked into this"

From who?

The Consumate Showman
11/28/2006, 02:09 PM
Dude...I guess you missed the sarcasm.
Micco is just playing along with the dumbarse ThugU jagoffs.

I know. Thug U, IMO, might be more inclined to try and get MARK Stoops to come back.

tulsaOUfan
11/28/2006, 02:10 PM

From who?
from all those people he keeps hearing in his head :D

The Consumate Showman
11/28/2006, 02:13 PM

From who?

Pay sites on the miami board, fsu board, sooner board, and some rumblings that Stoops' agent may have contacted Thug U(from what my uncle has told me who is a member on rivals), although his agent might be representing someone else (like Mark???)...who knows...I think it's just a lot of talk, but I have seen stranger things happen...I hope Schiano tells Shalala to stick it!

Jerk
11/28/2006, 02:17 PM
Well...sounds like the paying members of those boards are getting their moneys worth.

tulsaOUfan
11/28/2006, 02:20 PM
Pay sites on the miami board, fsu board, sooner board, and some rumblings that Stoops' agent may have contacted Thug U(from what my uncle has told me who is a member on rivals), although his agent might be representing someone else (like Mark???)...who knows...I think it's just a lot of talk, but I have seen stranger things happen...I hope Schiano tells Shalala to stick it!
the same bunch of people who has put him on the "outta here" list ever since 2000. when will people learn what bodily orifice these people pull their guesses out of.

:rolleyes:

OUswagger
11/28/2006, 05:23 PM
no sorry no link, but i do remember that he said that when they were offering the jorb at the 9ers. I was pleased and excited because he wanted to match both wilkerson and switzer greats before even thinking of leaving.

Frozen Sooner
11/28/2006, 05:39 PM
Stoops' agent pretty much picks up the phone every time a high-profile job comes open.

The guy is doing a heck of a job representing his client. He generally finds out what kind of price range the school is looking at, relays it to Boren, and his client gets a pay raise. I don't think Stoops is interested in leaving, but I think he really likes being the highest (or close to it) paid college coach.

mrowl
11/28/2006, 05:44 PM

andddddddd your trusting those "pay" sites (suckers that pay money for rumors that 98% of the time never come true)

SleestakSooner
11/28/2006, 05:51 PM
ROFLMAO...

not even gonna read any of the above posts, I am laughing too hard to read that much bullsh*t

Getem
11/28/2006, 06:21 PM
err - did anyone notice he is also listed as a candidate for the Alabama spot?

Stoop Dawg
11/28/2006, 06:29 PM
no sorry no link, but i do remember that he said that when they were offering the jorb at the 9ers. I was pleased and excited because he wanted to match both wilkerson and switzer greats before even thinking of leaving.

jorb? 9ers? wilkerson?

*groans*

Frozen Sooner
11/28/2006, 06:31 PM
jorb? 9ers? wilkerson?

*groans*

Dude, I heard that Billie Simms was a great running back. And Andre Woolfork is an AWESOME DB.

sanantoniosooner
11/28/2006, 06:33 PM
I'm also in talks with Bob's agent about some lawn maintenance.

PalmBeachSooner
11/28/2006, 08:00 PM
Here is the link to the latest coaching changes, and the candidates for the open jobs. Bob Stoops is listed as a candidate for the Miami job. Good Riddance.

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=1144&CID=606251

This has to be the biggest BS website of all time.

Sooner in Tampa
11/29/2006, 10:29 AM
I can see Stoops @ Thug U

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e270/rychopath/stoops.jpg

Ash
11/29/2006, 10:54 AM
This has to be the biggest BS website of all time.

The most accurate and truthful post in this thread.

stoopified
11/29/2006, 02:41 PM

noun

Im such a dumbass...
I meant to say good luck in a sarcastic sort of way, meaning it would be highly unlikely. I need to leave my Wild Turkey alone.True dat.

Luthor
11/29/2006, 02:43 PM
It won't be easy for Miami to get a high profile HC. Anyone going in there is walking into a hornet's nest. Koker ran a low to no discipline program and I personally think it was supported by the AD and President.

As Miami is not a state sponsored school I think they tried to fly under the radar on way too many issues and we'll see some of that stuff float to the surface over the next couple of years. I think the fear of on going bad PR and even possible NCAA sanctions has some perspective coaches a bit skiddish.

starrca23
11/29/2006, 02:53 PM
EVERYBODY is after Bob Stoops.

Fraggle145
11/29/2006, 03:06 PM
I can see Stoops @ Thug U

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e270/rychopath/stoops.jpg

I just threw up. Not Kidding. :(

Ash
11/29/2006, 03:30 PM
If only innerweb rumors died as quickly as they were born....

DustySooner
11/29/2006, 07:22 PM
I know that Stoops won't leave, but it's still fun to read what Miami fans think about it. Seems most of them are pretty pumped.

http://mb28.scout.com/fmiami20779frm1.showMessage?topicID=151334.topic

TrophyCollector
11/29/2006, 07:33 PM
I know that Stoops won't leave, but it's still fun to read what Miami fans think about it. Seems most of them are pretty pumped.

http://mb28.scout.com/fmiami20779frm1.showMessage?topicID=151334.topic

****, even their message board posters take a lot of drugs.

tulsaoilerfan
11/29/2006, 08:15 PM
Why can't the media people figure out that Bob already has one of, if not the, top college jobs in the country? If he wouldn't go to Florida, there is not a college job out there he would take IMO as anything else would be a step down from OU

Big Red Ron
11/29/2006, 08:16 PM
****, even their message board posters take a lot of drugs.Mark Stoops to Miami?

mrjeffmaxwell
11/29/2006, 08:25 PM
Bobby isn't dumb right? Okay. Close thread.