PDA

View Full Version : Living with a Bugeater My wife blogg

manicsooner
11/28/2006, 07:06 AM
Hey at least she knows what to expect on game day and after, her thoughts.

Game of the CenturyNU/OU
Yes this is an actual book title. I can remember growing up the rivalry between Oklahoma and Nebraska. I grew up in Nebraska and well cornhusker football is a pretty major thing there. Even though as an ex military wife living in Florida and virginia I still kept up with what was happening with the cornhuskers. I love them even though I think that they havent been the same since Coach Osbourn.

However they are still my team and where I attended some college. Manbeast however is Oklahoma born. He loves the sooners with a passion. Usually I have no trouble going down to norman and seeing a game with him or sitting on the coach cheering along with him. However this is diffrent.

Plus he makes fun of the bugeaters ( cornhuskers first name) and loves to get me rilled up.This is serious. This coming weekend his and my team are playing for the B12 championship.

I dont know if God wants to be bugged with prayers about something so trivial but I am hoping that he is smiling upon Nebraska, or watching the game with manbeast and probably for a day or so afterward will be unbearable ohh I can just hear the gloating :(

sooneron
11/28/2006, 07:49 AM
Usually I have no trouble going down to norman and seeing a game with him or sitting on the coach cheering along with him.

:eek:

FaninAma
11/28/2006, 10:54 AM
My wife is from Norfolk, Ne and her family are huge Husker fans. My father-in-law just to be a vehement OU hater but he has chilled over the years.

The funny thing is that all 3 of our kids are huge OU fans and have always cheered for OU over Nebraska. My 5 year old has already informed his mother that the Sooners are going to beat the Cornhusker's butts. (his words, not mine.)

And I didn't try to influence them one way or another. :rolleyes:

birddog
11/28/2006, 10:58 AM
:eek:

my first laugh of the morning. and it was a beauty.

manicsooner
11/28/2006, 04:25 PM
To my husband......Manicsooner. I am going to let it slide that you called me a bugeater and.......you posted my blog entry. After all genetically you are a land theif, why should I expect anything less? :) Oh and that should have said couch not coach maybe it was a freudian slip.....Im officially on strike till Nebraska actually beats ou.... Ohhhh and manic sooner you should be ashamed remember a few years ago you were sitting in Lincoln Nebraska cheering for the huskers when they played osu? :) Cant wait till Saturday!!!

OUswagger
11/28/2006, 05:28 PM
I remember the interrupting of TV programing in California to bring the OU/NEB game. Hopefully this will spark more karma than nostalgia. BOOMER!!!

landrun
11/28/2006, 05:47 PM
To my husband......Manicsooner. I am going to let it slide that you called me a bugeater and.......you posted my blog entry. After all genetically you are a land theif, why should I expect anything less? :) Oh and that should have said couch not coach maybe it was a freudian slip.....Im officially on strike till Nebraska actually beats ou.... Ohhhh and manic sooner you should be ashamed remember a few years ago you were sitting in Lincoln Nebraska cheering for the huskers when they played osu? :) Cant wait till Saturday!!!

man maniac - that's 2 years more before you even get a chance. :( Unless they get lucky and make it to the Big XII Championship again next year. :D

Tear Down This Wall
11/28/2006, 05:49 PM
You can tell this thread isn't in South Oval because there hasn't been the obligatory "This thread is worthless without pics" comment thrown in.