PDA

View Full Version : Texas eye's are crying.....Link

Blues1
11/28/2006, 12:42 AM
Not that great of a press story - but still has got a few points you might Like..??

Link

http://www.collegefootballgazette.com/

Rock on....

garland sooner
11/28/2006, 12:57 AM
dang, that article was short. i was done in a couple of minutes.

Readyfor8
11/28/2006, 01:15 AM
First of all to say that the LSU game wasn't as close as 21-14 is laughable, we had a shot at the end of that game to tie it up and it went down to the final minutes.

Second Oklahoma has to WIN for Texas to get the Gator Bowl. If the Sooners lose they get the Gator Bowl and Texas goes to the Cotton. The Huskers go to the Cotton or Fiesta and thats about it right now unless something drastic changes.

jwlynn64
11/28/2006, 01:18 AM
Who is this Adam guy and why doesn't he know anything about the subject he is writing about.

The 21 - 14 score wasn't as close as it sounds!!!!! I guess having two drives where you are throwing into the end zone for the tieing score at the end of the game isn't very close.

I also guess, LSU's offense not scoring a single point after the first quarter qualifies as them "dumping" us? If not for the defensive touchdown on the first play of the second half, LSU wouldn't have scored at all in the second half.

BIG_IKE
11/28/2006, 01:25 AM
Im not getting how Nebraska or A&M would get a better Bowl Game than Texas.
OU and Texas have the 2 best Conference Records in the Big 12. Ou has one loss, Texas has two. Nebraska & A&M each have at least 3 Conference losses and neither will finish with a better overall record than Texas, In fact, if Nebraska loses they will have twice as many CONFERENCE losses than Texas.

Someone clue me in. Why wouldnt Texas still go to the Holiday Bowl? Cotton at worst, and that's only if OU lost?

boomrsoonr
11/28/2006, 08:51 AM
If OU wins, it'll be;

#1 - OU
#2 - Texas
#3 - Nebraska

tulsaOUfan
11/28/2006, 09:21 AM
....Oklahoma, still invited to the national title game in New Orleans, was dumped by LSU in a game that wasn't as close as the 21-14 score implied.
The OU hate just can't help from coming out. I guess being in the redzone at the end of the game with the tieing TD pass just out reach isn't considered close??

sanantoniosooner
11/28/2006, 09:23 AM
I wonder if anyone else will catch what he had to say about the OU/LSU game not being close?

fwsooner22
11/28/2006, 09:34 AM
I think my e-mail to him had more content than the entire article. I feel better now.

MiccoMacey
11/28/2006, 10:11 AM
Just curious...why does Texas get to jump Nebraska when Nebraska is the north Champions?

I know Texas beat them in the season...but I'd think playing in the CCG trumps all.

GrapevineSooner
11/28/2006, 10:28 AM
I wonder if anyone else will catch what he had to say about the OU/LSU game not being close?

Dunno.

But you know what they say about horseshoes and hand grenades, right? ;)

Widescreen
11/28/2006, 10:42 AM
I didn't really have a problem with the comment about the LSU game. Look at the stats. I realize stats don't tell the whole story but LSU had way more success moving the ball than we did. Our Heisman QB was like 11-of-37 passing. Relax people, that was a complimentary article. I'm sure those of you sending your strongly worded emails to the guy are really confusing him.

sanantoniosooner
11/28/2006, 10:45 AM
I didn't really have a problem with the comment about the LSU game. Look at the stats. I realize stats don't tell the whole story but LSU had way more success moving the ball than we did. Our Heisman QB was like 11-of-37 passing. Relax people, that was a complimentary article. I'm sure those of you sending your strongly worded emails to the guy are really confusing him.
I know I was sick the whole game and that I felt fortunate to even have a chance at the end.

Widescreen
11/28/2006, 10:49 AM
My point was that he was probably looking at the stats as justification for his comment. Yes, we could've tied it up at the end. I was in the endzone White was throwing toward and had to endure the ball skipping off Clayton's fingers and the drunk coonasses in front of me spilling beer all over the surrounding fans.

tulsaOUfan
11/28/2006, 10:52 AM
you're right, stats don't tell the story. two biggest runs make the difference in the rushing stats and neither lead to a score. and no, it wasn't that complementary of an article. it was an opportunity to take pot shots at both OU and Texas.

Widescreen
11/28/2006, 11:00 AM
I guess different people have different perspectives when reading the same thing. I didn't see anything in that article that was wrong. Some of our fans have an awfully big chip on their shoulder and are always looking for reasons to feel disrespected.

And how are the Sooners accepting their new, surprising role as representatives of the Big 12 South in Arrowhead Stadium this coming Saturday night?

With the same sort of 'we've been here before' attitude that one might expect of a Bob Stoops team.

Man, I hate it when people take potshots at OU. :rolleyes:

tulsaOUfan
11/28/2006, 11:09 AM
Did I say that comment was a pot shot? no

sanantoniosooner
11/28/2006, 11:11 AM
widescreens point is that we Sooners seem to take everything personal lately.

I can't say I disagree.

boomrsoonr
11/28/2006, 11:12 AM
Just curious...why does Texas get to jump Nebraska when Nebraska is the north Champions?

I know Texas beat them in the season...but I'd think playing in the CCG trumps all.

It comes down to the won/loss record.

tulsaOUfan
11/28/2006, 11:13 AM
I call a spade a spade, if you can't handle it or just want to act high and mighty so you can feel good about yourself, go right ahead

tulsaOUfan
11/28/2006, 11:14 AM
true and that Texas won it all last year

sanantoniosooner
11/28/2006, 11:15 AM
I call a spade a spade, if you can't handle it or just want to act high and mighty so you can feel good about yourself, go right ahead
ok, lowly spade caller.:rolleyes: :D

fadada1
11/28/2006, 11:16 AM
sometimes i wonder what sports writers think. every so often we see some complimentary things written about us, but rarely. they seem to forget we're 3-1 in big12cg since 2000. by my math, that means we'll be playing in our 5th CCG in the past 7.

we've played in 3 national championship games since 2000

we've played in 4 BCS games since 2000

what more do we need to prove???

sanantoniosooner
11/28/2006, 11:18 AM
sometimes i wonder what sports writers think. every so often we see some complimentary things written about us, but rarely. they seem to forget we're 3-1 in big12cg since 2000. by my math, that means we'll be playing in our 5th CCG in the past 7.

we've played in 3 national championship games since 2000

we've played in 4 BCS games since 2000

what more do we need to prove???
Obviously it's a case of "what have you done lately"

OU is taking care of the "lately" part right now.

But we WERE the darling for a while, now USC is.

MiccoMacey
11/28/2006, 11:20 AM

Gracias.

BIG_IKE
11/28/2006, 11:21 AM

The only Trump is Conference Champion.

When OU wins.... it will look like this...

OU (8-1) lost to Texas
Texas (6-2) lost to KSU, A&M
NEB (5-3) lost to Texas, Ok. St, will lose to OU,
ATm (5-3) lost to OU, NU, Tech

IF OU Wins the Big 12 pecking order will be
1) OU
2) Texas
3) Nebraska
4) A&M

IF NU Wins..

1) NU
2) OU
3) Texas
4) A&M

We are guaranteed to get a better bowl game than Texas, win or lose.
Texas is guaranteed to get a better bowl game than A&M, whether we win or lose.

Herr Scholz
11/28/2006, 12:07 PM
Someone clue me in. Why wouldnt Texas still go to the Holiday Bowl?
We've been there 3 times since 2000 and A&M is a resurgent team with a very eager fan base that hasn't been to a decent bowl since 1994. I'm betting the Holiday Bowl folks want a little new blood in there. A&M vs. Cal in the Holiday would be an exciting game.

OUinFLA
11/28/2006, 12:21 PM
We've been there 3 times since 2000and A&M is a resurgent team with a very eager fan base that hasn't been to a decent bowl since 1994. I'm betting the Holiday Bowl folks want a little new blood in there. A&M vs. Cal in the Holiday would be an exciting game.

Plus, it's a whole new market for ut time share owners to rent/sell to.

TopDawg
11/28/2006, 12:55 PM
Guys, it doesn't matter where you finish. We're not guaranteed anything, win or lose. The bowl reps will invite whichever Big XII team they want to invite, provided that team is bowl eligible.

yermom
11/28/2006, 01:04 PM
as far as standings go... look at CU last year... what bowl did CU go to after losing the CCG?

i don't even remember, but it went

1) Texas -> Rose
2) Tech -> Cotton
3) OU -> Holiday

the bowls pick who they want for whatever reason, like in 2003 when the Cotton Bowl selected OSU early for some reason and Texas had to go to San Diego when we tanked in the CCG

MamaMia
11/28/2006, 01:58 PM
I would call it a "dumping" when our quarterback is so dazed that a lineman has to wave him away from his tush while pointing to the center. Those coaches were bound and determined to keep that poor kid in the game even if they would have had to duct tape him to 2x4s and push him out there on a pair of roller skates.

yermom
11/28/2006, 02:28 PM
we were also inches from the game tying touchdown at least 3 times that i remember

fadada1
11/28/2006, 02:34 PM
Guys, it doesn't matter where you finish. We're not guaranteed anything, win or lose. The bowl reps will invite whichever Big XII team they want to invite, provided that team is bowl eligible.
so you're saying that osu is in the fiesta bowl????

OUswagger
11/28/2006, 02:34 PM
you know it doesn't really matter what happened in the sugar. Stats do not say very much about the atmoshere and close 1st downs etc. We need be concerned with what the NEBS are planning for us in KC. We get geeked about that right now and hope our coaches have the team ready for the big game.

yermom
11/28/2006, 02:40 PM
it's a sore spot, lots of people seem to like to call that game an asskicking, or a blowout

it just wasn't like that

and yes, we need to beat the Huskers. i'm sure they are sore from the last couple of meetings, and will be pulling out all the stops

Soonerborn03
11/28/2006, 03:21 PM
it's a sore spot, lots of people seem to like to call that game an asskicking, or a blowout

it just wasn't like thatI think it's a sore spot because it was so close. We haven't lost many close games under Stoops. Many of those close losses still hurt right now. The oSu game in 2001 comes to mind along with the loss in Oregon.

The Sugar Bowl left me much much sicker at the end than the Orange Bowl in '04. To come as close as we did to winning the national title that year and come up short hurts. To hear media get the story wrong and say that it was an *** kicking because the let their memory of the Big XII Championship game that year skew their perception of the national title game is wrong.

Did we get outplayed? You betcha, but we almost pulled one out of our *** and came back to tie at the end. I think anyone that was there or watching at home invested a lot of emotion into that game. Pretty much, the media is changing the reality of the story to make it more epic for the reader. It's a touchy topic for OU fans, and it's going to bring up some anger when that sort of thing happens.

royalfan5
11/28/2006, 04:26 PM
The only Trump is Conference Champion.

When OU wins.... it will look like this...

OU (8-1) lost to Texas
Texas (6-2) lost to KSU, A&M
NEB (5-3) lost to Texas, Ok. St, will lose to OU,
ATm (5-3) lost to OU, NU, Tech

IF OU Wins the Big 12 pecking order will be
1) OU
2) Texas
3) Nebraska
4) A&M

IF NU Wins..

1) NU
2) OU
3) Texas
4) A&M

We are guaranteed to get a better bowl game than Texas, win or lose.
Texas is guaranteed to get a better bowl game than A&M, whether we win or lose.
Nebraska is 6-2 in conference unless USC joined the Big XII and I missed it.

colleyvillesooner
11/28/2006, 08:31 PM
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d40/calland/owned.gif

Take that widescreen.

Widescreen
11/28/2006, 09:13 PM
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d40/calland/owned.gif

Take that widescreen.
OMG, I'm dying here. :D :D :D