PDA

View Full Version : The Ensuing Kickoff: Much love for NU!!

The Ensuing Kickoff
11/27/2006, 10:16 PM
Say what you will about Callahan being a tool (since he is) - I'm way, way into Nebraska/OU. I think Nebraska is a class program with top-notch fans, and I just wish I could get to KC this weekend.

My favorite OU/Nebraska moments that immediately come to mind:

-The Look
-The end around
-Tip-it-to-myself for a reception to set up the winning score
-The circus catch
-Derrick Strait
-The blocks in the back on Rodgers' return (dabnabit!!)
-"A complete domination of a football game."

Hell, I'll throw in Crouch's TD reception. That was a freaking hell of a play. For added measure, I'll throw in Crouch completely juking Torrance Marshall out of his shorts on his TD run in the first quarter in '00 - what a move.

Nebraska/Oklahoma - bring it!!!!!!!!!!!!
:pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop:

CatfishSooner
11/27/2006, 10:20 PM
uhhhhh

badger
11/27/2006, 10:22 PM
jad loves you.
http://www.lougrozaaward.com/images/contenders/top_stars/Dean_Jad05.jpg

OUstud
11/27/2006, 10:56 PM
Jad blew it for Clemmy this weekend!

Boomer.....
11/28/2006, 09:35 AM
Nebbish does have some of the nicest and respectful fans that I have ever been around. Even when they lose, they congradulate you unlike lOSUr, LSU, Texass, etc.

MiccoMacey
11/28/2006, 10:09 AM
I love the fans....I loathe Callahan.

birddog
11/28/2006, 10:48 AM
i am pretty excited about this match up.

for some reason when i think of ou-nu (besides the obvious 2000 game), i remember a moose of a man named mike mckinley bumbling down the far side line as he plowed thru nu defenders.

maybe that was '89? i was just a little fella.

sshusker
11/28/2006, 11:43 AM
jaux - If you sat next to me and my family at the OU/NU game this Saturday, you would have a great time!!

sshusker
11/28/2006, 12:45 PM
jaux - No, that is not something I would say. By the way, I live in Oklahoma and I am married to a Sooner fan. He will be with me at the game.

royalfan5
11/28/2006, 12:47 PM
All you corn lovers need to set your "way back machine" to
1996 and '97. Then visit the '71 punt return clips and the field goal in '04.
I always start with the clip of Kelly Ruud knocking John Phelps out myself.

KsSooner
11/28/2006, 12:59 PM
No love for the cornholers. I still remember them running up the score on us during the dark years.

Pricetag
11/28/2006, 01:11 PM
i am pretty excited about this match up.

for some reason when i think of ou-nu (besides the obvious 2000 game), i remember a moose of a man named mike mckinley bumbling down the far side line as he plowed thru nu defenders.

maybe that was '89? i was just a little fella.
I'd call it more "rumbling" than "bumbling." It was the 1990 game. I had a good friend from Nebraska, and I think I wrote 45-10 in the frost on the bus window nearly every day that winter. He wasn't amused.

royalfan5
11/28/2006, 01:15 PM
I'd call it more "rumbling" than "bumbling." It was the 1990 game. I had a good friend from Nebraska, and I think I wrote 45-10 in the frost on the bus window nearly every day that winter. He wasn't amused.
The main thing I remember about that game is our QB getting huge gash when he collided with a bench. It was either Mickey Joseph or Mike Grant.

BigRedTradition
11/28/2006, 02:17 PM
The main thing I remember about that game is our QB getting huge gash when he collided with a bench. It was either Mickey Joseph or Mike Grant.

It was Mickey Joseph. That was a bad day.

fadada1
11/28/2006, 02:27 PM
jaux,

you may not qualify as a true hillbilly. south-central PA hillbilly, yes. true hillbilly - up for some debate.

i guess either way, you'll still be a hillbilly in callahan's eyes. and that's what is important.

OUswagger
11/28/2006, 02:38 PM
I still remember the smell of pepper spray in '00. This has to be one of the greatest rivals. They have good fans but as far it goes for Titts Mcgee (callahan) he'll be eating fish heads.

royalfan5
11/28/2006, 04:02 PM
HA!
I thought it might be Keith Jackson "pushing off" before making the '86 catch. ;)
My family doesn't talk about Keith Jackson. As far as we're concerned he didn't exist.

SoonerShark
11/28/2006, 09:43 PM
All you corn lovers need to set your "way back machine" to
1996 and '97. Then visit the '71 punt return clips and the field goal in '04.

In 1971, beyond NU not being flagged for the clip on Rodgers' punt return for a TD, there was also the play where NU's Jeff Kinney fumbled going towards our North end zone. The refs said his knee was down prior to his fumble, but it was not. NU actually fumbled, the refs got it wrong, thus NU did not actually score but 28 points in the Game of the Century. I saw it in person from the 30 yard line on the fourth row and years later I saw the replay confirming my young eye's interpretation.

The Ensuing Kickoff
11/28/2006, 09:50 PM
The field goal in '04 was the crowd's fault. And crap, we still won won by 27 points or so.

As for the dark day run ups, we should have been better, a la A&M in '03.