PDA

View Full Version : How many ways can you say "Please cancel my account?"

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
11/27/2006, 08:08 PM
All I wanted was to get a $4 finance charge removed from my credit card acct so I could close it. Things started out well enough.

Me: I'd like to cancel this account.
Dude: Sorry to hear that. Can I ask why?
Me: I'm eliminated CC debt and this one is paid off.
Dude: Oh. What is the rate on your other cards?
Me: 0%
Dude: Oh well that is understandable then. That won't last forever though and your rate on this card is 7%.
Me: I realize that, but my other card is also paid off. I'm working at having no CC debt. Please just cancel the acct.
Dude: But this card is really good.
Me: I know you are just trying to do your job, but I no longer want this card. Please close the account.

At this point he starts trying to talk over me about how fantastic the card is. So I say

Me: Look, either cancel the acct or get a manager on the phone.
Dude: (still talking over me) I am the manager.
Me: JUST CANCEL THE DAMN ACCOUNT!
Dude: Ma'am there is no need to yell, I am doing my job telling you the benefits and you aren't listening. You have great credit history with this company. I'm just doing my job.
Me: My history with the company goes a lot further back than just this credit card. Sorry to yell at you, but I just want the account closed.
Dude: Fine. I will close it. Is there anything else I can do?
Me: No. Have a nice day.

I bet I'm gonna have a Toys R Us charge on it.

BeetDigger
11/27/2006, 08:11 PM
That sounds like a good rate. And they are a good company. Are you sure you want to cancel the card?

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
11/27/2006, 08:13 PM
That sounds like a good rate. And they are a good company. Are you sure you want to cancel the card?:mad:

olevetonahill
11/27/2006, 08:16 PM
Dont cancel !
Send it to me, lll take care of it for you ;)

Rogue
11/27/2006, 08:22 PM
Seriously I think they have a "keep pushing until they say 'no' three times" rule or something.

Just to be a smartass, and to answer your original question:

Italian - annullare il mio cliente
German - mein Konto annullieren
French - décommander mon compte
Chinese - 我国取消户口
Japanese - 私の記述を取り消しなさい
Portuguese - cancelar meu cliente
Korean - 나의 계정을 취소하십시오
Arabic - الغاء الحساب بلادي

Source: http://www.google.com/language_tools?hl=en

reevie
11/27/2006, 08:32 PM
Seriously I think they have a "keep pushing until they say 'no' three times" rule or something.

Just to be a smartass, and to answer your original question:

Italian - annullare il mio cliente
German - mein Konto annullieren
French - décommander mon compte
Chinese - 我国取消户口
Japanese - 私の記述を取り消しなさい
Portuguese - cancelar meu cliente
Korean - 나의 계정을 취소하십시오
Arabic - الغاء الحساب بلادي

Source: http://www.google.com/language_tools?hl=en

What, no spanish translation? Or better yet, Indian?

SicEmBaylor
11/27/2006, 08:49 PM
Heh, my freshman year I went to get my first cell phone contract with Cingular and the woman told me, "wow you have magnificent credit!" She went on and on about it (I was a student so I guess no credit is good credit?). Anyway, I finally said, "well just wait I'll fix that in no time."

I was right. :mad:

OCUDad
11/27/2006, 09:03 PM
Unless the Arabic translates to "I will kill you and all of your children," it's not accurate.

SicEmBaylor
11/27/2006, 09:41 PM
I had a foreign CC guy give me **** one time becuase i called them up to pay my entire credit card bill at once and it was a nightmare.

I finally asked to speak to his manager instead of some g-damned al-queada sleeper agent. He said, "i resent that sir i am not a terrorist!"

BeetDigger
11/27/2006, 09:45 PM
So you paid off your entire bill. Wow, you sure showed them. :D

SicEmBaylor
11/27/2006, 09:53 PM
So you paid off your entire bill. Wow, you sure showed them. :D

lol well I wasn't trying to "show them" I just had a road trip coming up and I wanted the entire balance of my card clear. :D

MamaMia
11/27/2006, 10:28 PM
Yes, credit card business can certainly be annoying at times. EBay is charging me 1.00 a month for something or another. I've emailed them 3 times but cant get them to answer. We have never purchased anything on EBay. I did bid on something one day and I won it. I tried to do that Pay Pal payment thing and they asked that I give them proof of my identity. I didn't understand why they wanted me to do that. I have never been asked for proof of identity before, so I blew it off and now I'm rated as a bad EBay person and I suppose I'm being charged for it.

VeeJay
11/28/2006, 01:17 AM
Credit Card Issuers = Bloodsucking leeches

StoopTroup
11/28/2006, 01:32 AM
Next time say listen...

My Husband thinks OJ was innocent and he told me if I didn't get this account closed today....it will be "If the glove don't fit you must acquit time for me...

For Gods Sake! Help meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then drop the phone and start screaming "Beyotch! Is it done yet!" in a low tone of voice...

Then start breaking old tile and empty mayo glass jars until you can make the line go dead....

Works everytime.

YWIA :)

proud gonzo
11/28/2006, 01:35 AM