PDA

View Full Version : This 'Kramer' thing is wearing me out

Jerk
11/27/2006, 07:45 PM
Yes, he's a dummy and said something stupid. But the media and the poverty pimps are acting like he firebombed a black church full of people.

Its been, what, two weeks?

It's over, if you don't like it, don't watch Seinfield re-runs

But quit bringing it up every damned day, as if, this 'news' is more important than 99% of the other stuff out there.

usmc-sooner
11/27/2006, 07:53 PM
you and me both

sanantoniosooner
11/27/2006, 07:56 PM
We should stick a fork in his ***.

BeetDigger
11/27/2006, 08:08 PM
We should stick a fork in his ***.

Again?

TUSooner
11/27/2006, 08:41 PM
Yes, he's a dummy and said something stupid. But the media and the poverty pimps are acting like he firebombed a black church full of people.

Its been, what, two weeks?

It's over, if you don't like it, don't watch Seinfield re-runs

But quit bringing it up every damned day, as if, this 'news' is more important than 99% of the other stuff out there.

Amen. I heard the Rev JJ saying how it's too soon to talk about forgiveness when so many people are still "bleeding." Why is that joker still getting so much attention?

tulsaoilerfan
11/27/2006, 09:02 PM
So what about the dumbasses that were heckling him? Geez it must be nice to be total *******s and no one says a word about them

SoonerInKCMO
11/27/2006, 09:06 PM
We should stick a **** in his ***.

Perv.

sanantoniosooner
11/27/2006, 09:06 PM
My understanding is that Kramer singled them out. A large party was seated and interrupted his routine while taking their seat and ordering drinks. He didn't appreciate the distraction and took jabs.

A few of them became vocal about his act and then he flipped.

All hearsay from interviews, but sounds plausible to me.

walkoffsooner
11/27/2006, 09:14 PM
With out racism some would have no one to blame but themselves.

sanantoniosooner
11/27/2006, 09:18 PM
spoken like a person who has never been hurt by it.

walkoffsooner
11/27/2006, 09:20 PM
I choose to ignore it. It can't hurt me

usmc-sooner
11/27/2006, 09:25 PM
to be perfectly honest, who the hell cares?

I grew up in Oklahoma, whether that's considered the South or not it's up to debate. But I've heard that word since I was a kid. I've heard it from both sides. I've never had JJ show up get all riled up about it.

To be real honest I've used the word, and I'm not a racist. I got into a fight with a black guy and we both called each other every name in the book, in the end we both shook and made up, with no hard feelings.

sanantoniosooner
11/27/2006, 09:25 PM
walkoff

Good for you. It's a shame it's not that easy for everyone.

BeetDigger
11/27/2006, 09:43 PM
spoken like a person who has never been hurt by it.

So, me calling you an asshat Spurs fan has gotten under your skin, huh? :texan:

StoopTroup
11/28/2006, 02:03 AM
The only folks who it affected were the ones in the club until the story went public....right?

It's the media and http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/icons/bush.gif IMO...;)

Your right...it's sickening that he said it...and it's sickening how long the story has played...

Sooner in Tampa
11/28/2006, 07:49 AM
lets build a bridge...

...and get over it.

sanantoniosooner
11/28/2006, 08:43 AM
Don't get me wrong. I sick to death of this story.

The problem with me is the two extremes.

One side acts like racism is the source of all conflict.

The other side acts like it's as real as the tooth fairy.

It gets overplayed, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't affect a lot of people.

Sooner_Bob
11/28/2006, 09:08 AM
Racism exists, there's no question about it. However, words only have the power "you" give them. I grew up not caring what people thought about me knowing fully that I was happy with who I was/am, and that nothing they could call me would change that. Some folks aren't like that and get all bent out of shape about stuff.

sanantoniosooner
11/28/2006, 09:17 AM
Disclaimer......I'm not in agreement with this lady on a lot of stuff, but I think she brings some interesting insight to people.

http://149.48.228.121/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/divided/etc/view.html

She had done a similar experiment in business settings, at a correctional facility and on college campuses with exactly the same results. People don't realize the subtle ways discrimination affects others.

I've seen videos of grown men balling like babies when she treated them like they were inferior.

TUSooner
11/28/2006, 09:27 AM
What gets me is the totally absurd power attached to a single word. A person could call Mother Theresa (were she still alive) a "peter-puffing syphilitic whore" and be forgiven faster than some idiot who drops the n-bomb. (See even I have to say "n-bomb" so somebody won't go flaming my azz and brand me for life as a bigot.) This melodrama makes it hard to take legitimate instances of racism seriously.

VeeJay
11/28/2006, 09:35 AM
I have been called at various times:

Cracker
Hick
Redneck

When I moved to Miami, I had two co-workers ask me, when they found out I was originally from MS, if I were in the Ku Klux Klan. I sh*t you not.

There's a lot of ignorance out there.

I also was called a "ni**er lover" by some fellow honkies because I gave a ride home to a black girl from work one night.

sanantoniosooner
11/28/2006, 09:36 AM
What gets me is the totally absurd power attached to a single word. A person could call Mother Theresa (were she still alive) a "peter-puffing syphilitic whore" and be forgiven faster than some idiot who drops the n-bomb. (See even I have to say "n-bomb" so somebody won't go flaming my azz and brand me for life as a bigot.) This melodrama makes it hard to take legitimate instances of racism seriously.
Is it not obvious why?

It's the greater instances of racism that make the lesser more notable.

How many nuns have been dragged behind a truck, or any other horrifying thing that actually has happened? Religious people have been martyred for belief, but most chose a lifestyle knowing the possible outcome. Nobody chose to be the color they are and deal with the possible outcomes.

How much do posters gripe about "east coast bias", "everybody hates OU", "ref conspiracies". Imagine if it had higher ramifications than it actually does. It's just prejudice (supposed or real) against our team.

TUSooner
11/28/2006, 10:11 AM
Is it not obvious why?

How many nuns have been dragged behind a truck, or any other horrifying thing that actually has happened? Religious people have been martyred for belief, but most chose a lifestyle knowing the possible outcome. Nobody chose to be the color they are and deal with the possible outcomes.

How much do posters gripe about "east coast bias", "everybody hates OU", "ref conspiracies". Imagine if it had higher ramifications than it actually does. It's just prejudice (supposed or real) against our team.

Any imperfect analogy can be over-extended, of course. My point, or my "amazement" is more accurate, is that this one word is now, evidently, the most powerful word in the English language. JJ can call New York "Hymie town" and get a slap the wrist. But let Joe Lieberman (for example) refer to New Orleans as "n***** town" and you would choke on the stench of his lifeless and rotting political career. Sure, it's a very hurtful word, but we have given it a sort of talismanic power. That's silly.

sanantoniosooner
11/28/2006, 10:12 AM
If I suggested to you that it wasn't a word anymore would you believe me?

It's become a symbol.

tbl
11/28/2006, 10:13 AM
Disclaimer......I'm not in agreement with this lady on a lot of stuff, but I think she brings some interesting insight to people.

http://149.48.228.121/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/divided/etc/view.html

She had done a similar experiment in business settings, at a correctional facility and on college campuses with exactly the same results. People don't realize the subtle ways discrimination affects others.

I've seen videos of grown men balling like babies when she treated them like they were inferior.
What are her politics outside of this? Regardless, I think that was a pretty good exercise. I've only watched the first two clips, but they were pretty good. Notice how they used Indians as the other minority instead of Mexicans. Oh how times have changed...

1stTimeCaller
11/28/2006, 10:20 AM
OVER REACTION, CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP.

And before SAS jumps on me and says that is spoken like someone that has never been affected by racisim, back up. I was part of a class action lawsuit and we won because we were discriminated against.

sanantoniosooner
11/28/2006, 10:25 AM
What are her politics outside of this? Regardless, I think that was a pretty good exercise. I've only watched the first two clips, but they were pretty good. Notice how they used Indians as the other minority instead of Mexicans. Oh how times have changed...
I was hoping at least one person would check it out. Later hit the adult clips too. Surprisingly the results are much the same.

Obviously, she is pretty liberal. I'm pretty conservative, but some evidence has nothing to do with party affiliation. I guess you'd have to know her whole history to get her experiment and her motivation.

http://www.janeelliott.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jane_Elliott

I've seen more of her stuff. I think she crosses a few lines to get her point across, but it's a topic that tends to cross lines a lot.

I'll search for the whole story, but her parents made a stand against racism and their business went under almost immediately. I don't think she would admit it, but a lot of bitterness has played a role in her motivation.

crawfish
11/28/2006, 10:26 AM
Is it not obvious why?

See, I think it's the fact that racism is less prevalent that makes each individual act seem more than it really is. It becomes a reminder that despite some appearances, there are still feelings lurking below the surface.

I think we'll have racism as it has been virtually wiped out in 2-3 generations. Then we can concentrate on good, old-fashioned economic discrimination. :D

sanantoniosooner
11/28/2006, 10:27 AM

And before SAS jumps on me and says that is spoken like someone that has never been affected by racisim, back up. I was part of a class action lawsuit and we won because we were discriminated against.
The Kramer thing is an over reaction.

Unfortunately the over reactions and the skepticism makes it a topic that rarely gets addressed properly.

Congrats on mis-assuming my reaction to your post though.

sanantoniosooner
11/28/2006, 10:29 AM
See, I think it's the fact that racism is less prevalent that makes each individual act seem more than it really is. It becomes a reminder that despite some appearances, there are still feelings lurking below the surface.

I think we'll have racism as it has been virtually wiped out in 2-3 generations. Then we can concentrate on good, old-fashioned economic discrimination. :D
Gattaca.

Discrimination base on genetic faults. Nobody will care what color you are. Those glasses will make you a 2nd class citizen though.

1stTimeCaller
11/28/2006, 10:36 AM
The Kramer thing is an over reaction.

Unfortunately the over reactions and the skepticism makes it a topic that rarely gets addressed properly.

Congrats on mis-assuming my reaction to your post though.

Well, being as you did that to another poster, it was a safe assumption to make.

sanantoniosooner
11/28/2006, 10:41 AM

You don't see a fundamental difference in what you said and what he said?

One is a commentary on a specific situation.

One is a general comment about the validity of racism in the first place.

I can break out a flow chart if that will help.

EDIT: I did overlook the word "some" before. It does impact the interpretation a little.

1stTimeCaller
11/28/2006, 10:47 AM
meh, you read what you want to and I'll read what I want to.

Sure, break out that flow chart but send it to me via PM so as to not fag up this thread too.

sanantoniosooner
11/28/2006, 10:51 AM
meh, you read what you want to and I'll read what I want to.

Sure, break out that flow chart but send it to me via PM so as to not fag up this thread too.
OK.

Nice drive by.

BeetDigger
11/28/2006, 11:50 AM
All I know is that it ****ed me off because I have friends, neighbors and co-workers who are African (not Afro) - American and I know that if I were in their shoes, I would have been very hurt by that. Moreover, it speaks poorly because I am white and so is Kramer and, even though people know if was him saying it and not me, there is a small bit of guilt by association. It makes me feel uncomfortable, even though I didn't do anything wrong. Therefore, I am ****ed at that dumbass Richards for going into that tirade. A good comedian has coping mechanisms that allow for them to handle situations like that. Hell, he has the microphone. He can control the whole thing. I've seen rude people and hecklers wish that they had never been born after a comedian is through with them, and not by making racial and derogatory comments.

All of that not withstanding, Spurs fans still suck. :D

Tear Down This Wall
11/28/2006, 01:35 PM
Amen. I heard the Rev JJ saying how it's too soon to talk about forgiveness when so many people are still "bleeding." Why is that joker still getting so much attention?

The "Reverend" Jesse Jackson should grab a Bible sometime and re-read it:

Matthew 18:21-35
21Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, "Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times?"

22Jesus answered, "I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.[f]

23"Therefore, the kingdom of heaven is like a king who wanted to settle accounts with his servants. 24As he began the settlement, a man who owed him ten thousand talents [about $1,000,000] was brought to him. 25Since he was not able to pay, the master ordered that he and his wife and his children and all that he had be sold to repay the debt.

26"The servant fell on his knees before him. 'Be patient with me,' he begged, 'and I will pay back everything.' 27The servant's master took pity on him, canceled the debt and let him go.

28"But when that servant went out, he found one of his fellow servants who owed him a hundred denarii [about $100]. He grabbed him and began to choke him. 'Pay back what you owe me!' he demanded.

29"His fellow servant fell to his knees and begged him, 'Be patient with me, and I will pay you back.'

30"But he refused. Instead, he went off and had the man thrown into prison until he could pay the debt. 31When the other servants saw what had happened, they were greatly distressed and went and told their master everything that had happened.

32"Then the master called the servant in. 'You wicked servant,' he said, 'I canceled all that debt of yours because you begged me to. 33Shouldn't you have had mercy on your fellow servant just as I had on you?' 34In anger his master turned him over to the jailers to be tortured, until he should pay back all he owed.

35"This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother from your heart."

Roman 12:9-12
9Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. 10Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves. 11Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. 12Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. 13Share with God's people who are in need. Practice hospitality.
14Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. 15Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. 16Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position.[c] Do not be conceited.

17Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody. 18If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. 19Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay,"[d]says the Lord. 20On the contrary:
"If your enemy is hungry, feed him;
if he is thirsty, give him something to drink.
In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head." 21Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Colossians 3:13
13Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.

Jerk
11/28/2006, 02:01 PM
All I know is that it ****ed me off because I have friends, neighbors and co-workers who are African (not Afro) - American and I know that if I were in their shoes, I would have been very hurt by that. Moreover, it speaks poorly because I am white and so is Kramer and, even though people know if was him saying it and not me, there is a small bit of guilt by association. It makes me feel uncomfortable, even though I didn't do anything wrong. Therefore, I am ****ed at that dumbass Richards for going into that tirade. A good comedian has coping mechanisms that allow for them to handle situations like that. Hell, he has the microphone. He can control the whole thing. I've seen rude people and hecklers wish that they had never been born after a comedian is through with them, and not by making racial and derogatory comments.

All of that not withstanding, Spurs fans still suck. :D

Dude, I think most people here agree with you but the problem is that this story has been repeated by the media day after day for 2 weeks. Now we have people like the Rev JJ bringing it up when talking about Trent Lott, which is a bunch of horsesh**. There are politicians and "civic leaders" dragging it back up day after day. Yes, what Kramer said was stupid, but most murders and tragic accidents don't get 1/100 of the play this thing has. So we had the story, and the reaction, and the apology, and the reaction to the apology, and the 2nd apology, and the reaction to that, and so on and so on....who the f*** cares!

There was a white girl who got the sh** kicked out of her by blacks because she was white, and the LA City DA is charging the assaulters with hate crimes...and I don't see this getting any where NEAR the attention that the Kramer thing did, and HERE we have someone actually getting physically hurt.

But by God, using the N-word is worse than shooting or beating someone, or so it seems.

Pricetag
11/28/2006, 02:08 PM
I've seen rude people and hecklers wish that they had never been born after a comedian is through with them, and not by making racial and derogatory comments.
I remember Steve Martin shutting up a heckler with a simple, "Yeah, I remember my first beer" on one of his albums. I also remember Sam Kinison really letting a heckler have it on his "Louder than Hell" album.

That's what shocked me the most about all this. It's not like this was the first heckler the guy has ever heard, and he went right for the big red button.

I'll never judge the guy. There are things about me that I'm not proud of, and my ability to keep them hidden does not make me better than him.

sanantoniosooner
11/28/2006, 02:10 PM
Well, you gotta know you can't let it all hang out in front of a crowd and cameras.

Kramer was an idiot and will be paying a price for this long after the media has beat it to death.

Frozen Sooner
11/28/2006, 02:14 PM
All I'm saying is that a guy named Michael Richards doing this irritates me to no end.

Richards himself is extending this by continuing to go on TV and radio to apologize-and doing so in a very bizarre manner. Anyone watch him on Letterman? People keep giving the issue play because people are still interested in watching the trainwreck the guy is making of his career.

Pricetag
11/28/2006, 02:18 PM
Richards himself is extending this by continuing to go on TV and radio to apologize-and doing so in a very bizarre manner. Anyone watch him on Letterman? People keep giving the issue play because people are still interested in watching the trainwreck the guy is making of his career.
Yeah, that was really awkward. What made it worse was the audience laughing at him, because the guy's mannerisms are still funny.

Jerk
11/28/2006, 02:21 PM
All I'm saying is that a guy named Michael Richards doing this irritates me to no end.

Well, yeah, that is true.

This country's obsession with celebrities is sickening.

sanantoniosooner
11/28/2006, 02:24 PM
Yeah.

Frozen Seinfeld is an idiot.

Frozen Sooner
11/28/2006, 02:26 PM
You wouldn't believe how often people call for me at work and tell the phone monkey that they want to speak to "Michael Richards."

Scott D
11/28/2006, 02:31 PM
This thread amuses me...continue on keyboard monkeys :)

sanantoniosooner
11/28/2006, 02:32 PM
:D

crawfish
11/28/2006, 02:36 PM
You wouldn't believe how often people call for me at work and tell the phone monkey that they want to speak to "Michael Richards."

It's your fault for changing your name from "Frozen Sooner". :mad:

TUSooner
11/28/2006, 02:44 PM
He said "monkey"!!!! Bane him!

:D

Yes, it's

lame
:O

BeetDigger
11/28/2006, 02:52 PM
Dude, I think most people here agree with you but the problem is that this story has been repeated by the media day after day for 2 weeks. Now we have people like the Rev JJ bringing it up when talking about Trent Lott, which is a bunch of horsesh**. There are politicians and "civic leaders" dragging it back up day after day. Yes, what Kramer said was stupid, but most murders and tragic accidents don't get 1/100 of the play this thing has. So we had the story, and the reaction, and the apology, and the reaction to the apology, and the 2nd apology, and the reaction to that, and so on and so on....who the f*** cares!

There was a white girl who got the sh** kicked out of her by blacks because she was white, and the LA City DA is charging the assaulters with hate crimes...and I don't see this getting any where NEAR the attention that the Kramer thing did, and HERE we have someone actually getting physically hurt.

But by God, using the N-word is worse than shooting or beating someone, or so it seems.

I think that why this is continuing is that it makes people wonder how much progress has been made. Here is a guy who for all we know, never said anything like this before. However, clearly it was bubbling up inside of him. It makes one wonder who else has these feelings. It also makes people wonder how much progress have we made and how do we measure the progress. In my opinion, that is why we are continuing to see this in the news.

Scott D
11/28/2006, 04:50 PM
It's ok Jerk, nobody's saying anything about Michael Irvin's comments about Tony Romo last week on the Dan Patrick Show. Comments for which he made an apology last night on the Dan Patrick show for.

And Beet, fwiw...I don't think much progress has been made. You can't legislate behavior, but yet our government has tried to for the last 170 years.

Tear Down This Wall
11/28/2006, 04:58 PM
Truck full of Mexicans.

Scott D
11/28/2006, 05:01 PM
Truck full of Mexicans.

enough about your hiring practices :D

Sooner_Bob
11/28/2006, 06:45 PM
All I know is that it ****ed me off because I have friends, neighbors and co-workers who are African (not Afro) - American and I know that if I were in their shoes, I would have been very hurt by that.

So you assume they would've been hurt?

Moreover, it speaks poorly because I am white and so is Kramer and, even though people know if was him saying it and not me, there is a small bit of guilt by association. It makes me feel uncomfortable, even though I didn't do anything wrong.

No way. You honestly think that one or two people making particular statements automatically makes others guilty as well based solely on the color of their skin?

Therefore, I am ****ed at that dumbass Richards for going into that tirade. A good comedian has coping mechanisms that allow for them to handle situations like that. Hell, he has the microphone. He can control the whole thing. I've seen rude people and hecklers wish that they had never been born after a comedian is through with them, and not by making racial and derogatory comments.

IMO all people have their own coping mechanisms for everything they have to deal with in life. Why some folks let things bother them more than others is one of life's great mysteries.

Being a comedian or a heckler doesn't mean you should offend or be offended more easily than anyone else.

The smart thing for all involved would've been just have gotten up and left.

Man, I'm glad I'm not a Spurs fan.

sanantoniosooner
11/28/2006, 06:49 PM
50 years ago I'd have stuck a fork in your *** and hung you upside down.

Sooner_Bob
11/28/2006, 06:53 PM
Serenity now!

http://www.sugartune.com/toaster/wp-images/george_costanza.jpg

BeetDigger
11/28/2006, 08:02 PM
So you assume they would've been hurt?

No way. You honestly think that one or two people making particular statements automatically makes others guilty as well based solely on the color of their skin?

IMO all people have their own coping mechanisms for everything they have to deal with in life. Why some folks let things bother them more than others is one of life's great mysteries.

Being a comedian or a heckler doesn't mean you should offend or be offended more easily than anyone else.

The smart thing for all involved would've been just have gotten up and left.

Man, I'm glad I'm not a Spurs fan.

Bob - yes, I assume that they were hurt. Yes, they see this as a stupid action, but that doens't mean that in some way they were hurt and upset. A

It's not about being guilty. I do think that my friends, neighbors and co-workers will judge Michael Richards for this and not me. However, if I was sitting with them at that show and heard that, I would have been ashamed. Afterward, it would have been very awkward. And it is in a way, awkward for me now in that this is in the mainstream and is an issue that perhaps they are discussing. How do I join that discussion in terms of knowing how it feels? I really don't know, other than assuming it hurts.

The hecklers don't have a right to do what they did, but they didn't break any laws. Richards should have just taken them down in the way that other comedians have taken down hecklers. For most comedians, it's second nature. They belittle them and make them WANT to leave. If you've ever seen a heckler taken down by a comedian, it's not pretty. They either sneak out before the show is over or walk out with their head down with the crowd after the show. Meanwhile everyone points at them and says "boy, I'm glad I'm not THAT guy."

C&CDean
11/28/2006, 08:18 PM
This thread isn't gay. Even fags ain't this stupid.

Those who continue to perpetuate the racism myth are the worst racists on the planet. Wanna be equal? STFU and go to work. Don't tell me that you're "fill in the blank." I've got eyes. Show me that you're willing to put in 8 hours, and I couldn't give a **** if you're pink.

And you white people who continue to act as apologists for an entire race make me wanna puke. Dude used the dreaded word. BFD. I popped in one of my kid's CDs and heard the word 400 times in the first song. Hell, when my kids ain't raking leaves hard enough I call them that too. How about let's stop acting like we're all outraged and ****?

sanantoniosooner
11/28/2006, 08:20 PM
sounds like crackertalk to me.

sanantoniosooner
11/28/2006, 08:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjnm8fzRExc

C&CDean
11/28/2006, 08:25 PM
sounds like crackertalk to me.

In the infamous words of my 6 year old nephew.....what.....ever....

sanantoniosooner
11/28/2006, 08:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b212LxPCzdM

BeetDigger
11/28/2006, 09:08 PM
This thread isn't gay. Even fags ain't this stupid.

Those who continue to perpetuate the racism myth are the worst racists on the planet. Wanna be equal? STFU and go to work. Don't tell me that you're "fill in the blank." I've got eyes. Show me that you're willing to put in 8 hours, and I couldn't give a **** if you're pink.

And you white people who continue to act as apologists for an entire race make me wanna puke. Dude used the dreaded word. BFD. I popped in one of my kid's CDs and heard the word 400 times in the first song. Hell, when my kids ain't raking leaves hard enough I call them that too. How about let's stop acting like we're all outraged and ****?

Well, the dude next to me works 8 hours before noon pretty much each day. Has a business with an office in DC and Dallas and drives a new 7 series. I don't think that HE is anyone that anyone is hiring, but rather he is doing the hiring. And some of the co-workers that I am referring to are guys pulling down $200+ bonus. I guess they might do 8 hours, but my guess it is closer to 10 to 12 given the business units and volume that they are responsible for. They didn't get there because of what they put in the blank. A grown many with an degree from a school that many folks couldn't get into shouldn't have to see this crap.

As to this garbage in the rap albums, I agree. It can't be offensive some of the time. It has to be offensive ALL of the time.

SoonerBBall
11/28/2006, 09:11 PM
Words to live by:

Why hate someone simply for the color of thier skin, when, if you get to know them better, there are so many other, more valid reasons to hate them?

Sooner_Bob
11/28/2006, 09:13 PM
Bob - yes, I assume that they were hurt. Yes, they see this as a stupid action, but that doens't mean that in some way they were hurt and upset. A

It's not about being guilty. I do think that my friends, neighbors and co-workers will judge Michael Richards for this and not me. However, if I was sitting with them at that show and heard that, I would have been ashamed. Afterward, it would have been very awkward. And it is in a way, awkward for me now in that this is in the mainstream and is an issue that perhaps they are discussing. How do I join that discussion in terms of knowing how it feels? I really don't know, other than assuming it hurts.

The hecklers don't have a right to do what they did, but they didn't break any laws. Richards should have just taken them down in the way that other comedians have taken down hecklers. For most comedians, it's second nature. They belittle them and make them WANT to leave. If you've ever seen a heckler taken down by a comedian, it's not pretty. They either sneak out before the show is over or walk out with their head down with the crowd after the show. Meanwhile everyone points at them and says "boy, I'm glad I'm not THAT guy."

I completely see where you're coming from and I'm sorry you feel the need to be ashamed or awkward because of it. You shouldn't.

Hopefully you're friends can separate you from the actions of some other white dude.

BeetDigger
11/28/2006, 09:57 PM
I completely see where you're coming from and I'm sorry you feel the need to be ashamed or awkward because of it. You shouldn't.

Hopefully you're friends can separate you from the actions of some other white dude.

It just makes me mad that we are dealing with this garbage. I felt similarly when Dusty Baker made his remarks about African-Americans and Hispanics being able to handle the heat better than White people. It's just stuff that we shouldn't have to deal with. I have a co-worker who is African-American. She was a miss teen USA contestent from Illinois. Her father is a surgeon, owns his own jet. Her grandparents own real estate worth tens of millions of dollars. Her husband is extremely successful with our company, as is she. She and I work great together. Neither of us have discussed this, although I think we would agree that it was stupid and then move on. But who knows, maybe she wonders if I got really ****ed off, that I might say something similar. I wouldn't, but she doesn't necessarily know that.

usmc-sooner
11/28/2006, 10:15 PM
like I said earlier I've called a person the N word and I'm not a racist. Hell they guy I fought at the time I meant every word I said too him.

I even had black guys backing me at the time. I don't get offended by Indian Mascots, I don't get offended when black people crack on white people and doubt real seriously most people in the black community give a flying crap about what Kramer thinks.

Pricetag
11/29/2006, 12:11 AM
It just makes me mad that we are dealing with this garbage. I felt similarly when Dusty Baker made his remarks about African-Americans and Hispanics being able to handle the heat better than White people. It's just stuff that we shouldn't have to deal with.
Are you denying that there are general physiological differences between the races caused by the regions/climates said races have resided in over time?

I'm all with you on the intellectual capabilities of all being equal, but lets not go so far as to deny that we are, in fact, physically different. It's nothing to be afraid of, nothing to judge on, but it is fact.

Frozen Sooner
11/29/2006, 12:15 AM
Are you denying that there are general physiological differences between the races caused by the regions/climates said races have resided in over time?

I'm all with you on the intellectual capabilities of all being equal, but lets not go so far as to deny that we are, in fact, physically different. It's nothing to be afraid of, nothing to judge on, but it is fact.

If you're talking about athletic ability and skirting around it, hereditary differences in athletic ability are much more variant intra-race than they are inter-race. Race masks socio-economic causes of athletic prowess.

If you're simply talking about people looking different, well yeah.

Pricetag
11/29/2006, 12:21 AM
like I said earlier I've called a person the N word and I'm not a racist.
Anybody ever take God's name in vain? I'm ashamed to admit it, but GD is pretty much my favorite cuss word. Do I think about what it really means when I say it? Heck no. I'm pretty sure I can't even comprehend the full meaning of it. I say it because I've lost my grip, and my feeble mind just can't come up with anything more clever to say at the time.

It's shameful and ignorant behavior, but nothing somebody would forever brand me a bad person or God hater for if they heard me say it. And it's way worse than any racial slur. I guess we let people get away with blaspheming and let one slip ourselves from time to time because we know that God will forgive us.

Pricetag
11/29/2006, 12:22 AM
If you're talking about athletic ability and skirting around it, hereditary differences in athletic ability are much more variant intra-race than they are inter-race. Race masks socio-economic causes of athletic prowess.

If you're simply talking about people looking different, well yeah.
Nope. I'm talking about things like hair and skin tone, features like nose size and shape, eye size and shape, blood vessel concentration in extemities, and such. My World History teacher in high school taught us a lesson on it.

sanantoniosooner
11/29/2006, 12:22 AM
some of us don't say either.

sanantoniosooner
11/29/2006, 12:23 AM
Nope. I'm talking about things like hair and skin tone, features like nose size and shape, eye size and shape, blood vessel concentration in extemities, and such. My World History teacher in high school taught us a lesson on it.
yeah, Jimmy the Greek did some research on it also.

Frozen Sooner
11/29/2006, 12:30 AM

So you're talking about people looking different?

orangekaje
11/29/2006, 02:32 AM
Hilarious "Lost Episode" of Seinfeld.
http://zine.nationallampoon.com/index.php?option=com_jambozine&layout=article&view=page&aid=247&Itemid=32

soonerjoker
11/29/2006, 11:19 AM
where is "freedom of speech" ???

Frozen Sooner
11/29/2006, 11:31 AM
where is "freedom of speech" ???

Where is the government interfering anywhere?

"Freedom of speech" doesn't mean that private actors can't be offended by your actions and choose to express their opinion of them.

crawfish
11/29/2006, 11:43 AM

In retrospect, that is very, very, VERY wrong. :D

sanantoniosooner
11/29/2006, 12:43 PM
In retrospect, that is very, very, VERY wrong. :D
OMG.

I see your point.

I guess I am a ******.

soonerjoker
11/30/2006, 11:38 AM
cosmo made a bad mistake, but do the black dudes deserve a bunch of
his money ???

they have hired a lawyer.

orangekaje
11/30/2006, 11:47 AM
cosmo made a bad mistake, but do the black dudes deserve a bunch of
his money ???

they have hired a lawyer.

On the Today show, they were asking if the hecklers and lawyer if they had a leg to stand on to take any legal action and get money and they were acting like they didn't. They were saying it they think he should pay them money to "make things right."

Tear Down This Wall
11/30/2006, 03:07 PM
Farting sometimes "makes things right" in the innermost parts.

OUAndy1807
11/30/2006, 05:27 PM
has anyone posted this yet? It's pretty well put together:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRpKj5zXtes

TUSooner
11/30/2006, 05:34 PM
So remind me, what was this "Kramer" thing again?

Pricetag
11/30/2006, 06:11 PM
So you're talking about people looking different?
Yeah, except for the whole blood vessel thing. You can't really tell that by looking.

Widescreen
12/1/2006, 01:33 PM
OK this is unreal. Apparently when you offend someone, you can get off the hook by paying them. MR is an insensitive jerk (and maybe a racist) but the idea of paying someone because you hurt their feelings just seems like a really bad precedent.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/12/01/D8LO6INO1.html

Michael Richards will apologize in person to the four black men he targeted in a tirade of racial slurs during a recent comedy club performance.

A retired judge will mediate the meeting and determine whether he should take any other action to resolve the matter, Richards' spokesman and an attorney for the men said Friday.

A cash settlement could be part of the resolution, said Howard J. Rubenstein, who represents Richards.

"My client Michael hopes to put it behind him," Rubenstein said.

A time and place for the meeting has not been set.

Rubenstein complimented attorney Gloria Allred, who is representing the four comedy club patrons, for recommending the meeting.

Allred said Richards should meet with her clients "to hear the pain that he inflicted on them and to apologize to them."

She and the four men were scheduled to hold a press conference later Friday.

Richards, who played the wacky neighbor Kramer on 'Seinfeld,' has been on a campaign of contrition since videotaped footage of his Nov. 17 outburst at the Laugh Factory nightclub surfaced on the Web site TMZ.com.

He has apologized on the Rev. Jesse Jackson's nationally syndicated radio program "Keep Hope Alive" and the "Late Show with David Letterman." He also apologized to civil rights leader the Rev. Al Sharpton.

Richards has said the tirade was fueled by anger at being heckled and not bigotry.

soonerjoker
12/2/2006, 11:50 AM
you know if they hired allred; they expect BIG bucks.

Sooner_Bob
12/2/2006, 01:44 PM
No freakin' way those guys deserve a dime. If an apology isn't good enough then so be it.

TMcGee86
12/2/2006, 02:25 PM
OK this is unreal. Apparently when you offend someone, you can get off the hook by paying them. MR is an insensitive jerk (and maybe a racist) but the idea of paying someone because you hurt their feelings just seems like a really bad precedent.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/12/01/D8LO6INO1.html

Garth, if I were to give you some money out of my wallet would that help to...ease the pain?

sanantoniosooner
12/2/2006, 02:27 PM
still the best post in this thread.

sanantoniosooner
12/6/2006, 02:05 PM
NSFW (http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1729216)