PDA

View Full Version : Chizik in at Iowa State

stoops the eternal pimp
11/27/2006, 06:34 PM
Seems Gene could have landed a better job than Iowa St. a couple of seasons ago...

oumartin
11/27/2006, 06:35 PM
I think he wanted to get away from Mack, and fast

Jello Biafra
11/27/2006, 06:38 PM
yeh i was thinking that when i heard this story earlier in the day.

what has he had in the last three seasons? 3 losses all this year? surely he could have had a better opportunity......

and now kines is rumored to be looking at austin for his next job? pffft bwahaaaa if texas hires him, they will be......never mind. i hope they get him. :)

oumartin
11/27/2006, 06:40 PM
I just hope they don't land Randy Shannon.

goingoneight
11/27/2006, 09:11 PM
I hope they hire John Blake or Vance Bedford.

BIG_IKE
11/27/2006, 09:59 PM
Chiz is getting 1 mil a year for 6 years with 10 mil in incentives and the 3rd Highest staff allowance in the Conference.

AllAboutThe'O'
11/28/2006, 01:44 AM
I think it's time for Bo Pelini to jump to another school.

LSUdeek
11/28/2006, 05:37 PM
I think it's time for Bo Pelini to jump to another school.

You stop that now.

KStatePike
11/28/2006, 05:39 PM

Word out of Lincoln is that Blake is joining Butch Davis' new staff at UNC actually. I actually really hope that's true.

Tear Down This Wall
11/28/2006, 05:54 PM
Amazing. I still can't believe this guy took the job at Iowa State.

You know what? I think these coaches don't really care all that much about their reputations. It's money. Who can blame 'em?

We've had three coaches take retirement money jobs. Maybe this is some sort of thing for guys who really like being coordinators, but don't really want the pressure of coaching a big name school.

Why else would Mike Stoops, Mangino, Long, and this guy agree to stints at football quicksand pits like Arizona, Kansas, San Diego State, and Iowa State. They'll all be assistants again...but with a nice nest egg in tow.

Congratulations?

BASSooner
11/28/2006, 05:56 PM
I just hope they don't land Randy Shannon.
I don't see that happening. He came out of Miami as a player and has been coaching there forever. He goes nowhere.

BudSooner
11/28/2006, 06:25 PM
Word out of Lincoln is that Blake is joining Butch Davis' new staff at UNC actually. I actually really hope that's true.
I heard Coker is also joining him there, so that makes Eddie Munster/Uncle Fester and cousin It at good ole Tarheel U.:D

KStatePike
11/28/2006, 08:48 PM
I wonder whatever happened to Gary Barnett, I figured his name would start showing up for some smaller schools who really want a quick turnaround.

royalfan5
11/28/2006, 08:53 PM
I wonder whatever happened to Gary Barnett, I figured his name would start showing up for some smaller schools who really want a quick turnaround.
Age and baggage probably have a lot to do with it. As well as how bad CU was this year. I think a lot of schools see that CU was running on fumes the last couple of years. I'm sure he'll pull a Dick Tomey eventually.

tbl
11/28/2006, 11:35 PM
If he couldn't land Bama or Miami, why not take Iowa State?