PDA

View Full Version : All Day?????

astro5169
11/27/2006, 05:09 PM
Any word on allday yet? I miss Adrian....Yo Adrian come play some ball.

Please .... Please .....

Maybe he will come back next year. I hear Coach say maybe he will be back and need to finish what he started.

bluesmagoo
11/27/2006, 05:41 PM
His father will read the xray and decide what will happen. I didn't know the old man had a medical degree. Of course, he's just protecting his meal ticket, but if he is going to be a pain in the ***, let AD go to the pros. It's not worth it.

TheHumanAlphabet
11/27/2006, 05:43 PM
Huh???

birddog
11/27/2006, 05:47 PM
Huh???

yes.

yes, indeed.

yermom
11/27/2006, 05:47 PM
it doesn't look like he will play in KC, but maybe that is coach doubletalk

bluesmagoo
11/27/2006, 06:05 PM
Sorry. I wasn't clear. AD's father told a reporter that he would look at the xray himself. He doesn't know what he's looking at, unless he was trained to do so. But I don't blame him, he is just looking out for his meal ticket. JMO.

TrophyCollector
11/27/2006, 06:12 PM
Either way, I just hope that we don't say anything. Why let them know either way?

astro5169
11/27/2006, 06:47 PM
Lets tell them he is ready. Then either way it works out. AP or AD - or the kid

BoomerSooner247
11/27/2006, 07:27 PM
how about we get some freshmen to wear AD's number so they stock their d up on his side then run the ball with AP or any other one of our great RBs :D

yermom
11/27/2006, 07:31 PM
nah, put AD in #23 :D

olevetonahill
11/27/2006, 07:39 PM
Sorry. I wasn't clear. AD's father told a reporter that he would look at the xray himself. He doesn't know what he's looking at, unless he was trained to do so. But I don't blame him, he is just looking out for his meal ticket. JMO.
Even clarifying your statement . You still deserved the Neg I just gave you

Frozen Sooner
11/27/2006, 07:41 PM

Or, you know, possibly just looking out for his son.

I don't think he's going to be ready to go.

badger
11/27/2006, 08:03 PM
"meal ticket," eh? Well, it's much better than trafficking drugs.

Oh, and you can't blame a father for looking out for his son. It's unfortunate that every father doesn't have the same relationship he has with his son. It doesn't matter how much football talent he has, or how much money he will make. They are close, and it has nothing, NOTHING to do with money.

...and if it did, he'd probably be playing at Texas A&M and already raking it in. There or Bama. Maybe Miami has a few deals, also.

KingDavid
11/27/2006, 08:15 PM

have to agree that with OLEV this is a pretty tacky statement. not going to neg you. but definitely tacky.

let's put it this way, if a WHORN had said it, we'd have been calling for the mods to boot your ARSE off the board . . .

i take it back. i'm going to neg you. I just convinced myself. The more I write, the more ****ed i get.

Sooner-N-KS
11/27/2006, 08:54 PM
I've been watching Soonersports.com looking for an announcement. By this time last week they said that AD was out. There's nothing yet.

They did just post some interviews after practice. I couldn't hear the question at the start, but it sounded like someone was trying to get info from Stoops about AD. Whatever the question was he was saying that he didn't have any information for them.

KingDavid
11/27/2006, 08:59 PM
Reading between the lines from what has been said here and elsewhere, it appears that the medical staff must be giving a solid "yellow" light and leaving the decision in AD's court . . . hence the delay and the noise about AD's Pappa having a looksie at the x-ray.

My bet is that he's going to play . . .

badger
11/27/2006, 09:00 PM
in memory of younger AD:
linky (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/sioncampus/11/30/players1202/)

sdsooner
11/27/2006, 09:01 PM
The only announcement of AD's play that matters is the announcement on Saturday of the starting lineups. We are still a potent running team that only throws as an after thought. Nebraska won't prepare any differently with or without AD's availability.

KingDavid
11/27/2006, 09:29 PM
Oleve - I'll bet you just received a cowardly (unsigned) neg like the one I just got. Hmmm . . . wonder who that could be?

birddog
11/27/2006, 09:36 PM
olevet's a sponsor so he'll know who it is right away.

KingDavid
11/27/2006, 09:40 PM

oh. that's slick. i need to become a sponsor, too!

olevetonahill
11/27/2006, 09:44 PM
Oleve - I'll bet you just received a cowardly (unsigned) neg like the one I just got. Hmmm . . . wonder who that could be?
Just checked Nope
No neg , Dont care , If the idiot thinks ADs Dad just cares about money then he needs Mo negs ! :cool:

badger
11/27/2006, 09:44 PM
i bet you would know if you sponsored ;)

Stitch Face
11/27/2006, 09:45 PM
If I were Stoops I'd leave AD on the sidelines in his windsuit while AP and Gute and Brown run all over the place on the Husker D.

Then I'd have AD suit up to play after the half.

olevetonahill
11/27/2006, 09:46 PM
i bet you would know if you sponsored ;)
SHUSH we dont want all the nOObs knowing the secrets ;)

badger
11/27/2006, 09:47 PM
SHUSH we dont want all the nOObs knowing the secrets ;)
secret #2: ENA stands for every noob asks.

olevetonahill
11/27/2006, 09:52 PM
secret #2: ENA stands for every noob asks.
There ya go givin it up !
No wonder NP luvs ya ! ;)

goingoneight
11/27/2006, 09:54 PM
Here's the game plan. Toss-sweep, fake Patrick for AD... He gets 80 from the 20, we play defense.

Next set, option-toss to AD from the 29, AD sets the bar for Chris Brown, DeMarco Murray, and Mossis Madu.

badger
11/27/2006, 10:06 PM
There ya go givin it up !
No wonder NP luvs ya ! ;)
he caught me watchin wwe a moment ago instead of KGB's td run. he really poked fun at me for that :(

secret #3: only losers have orange in their spek meter.

Frozen Sooner
11/27/2006, 10:12 PM
Here's the game plan. Toss-sweep, fake Patrick for AD... He gets 80 from the 20, we play defense.

Next set, option-toss to AD from the 29, AD sets the bar for Chris Brown, DeMarco Murray, and Mossis Madu.

And we'd STILL have people bitching about the conservative gameplan.

bixby28
11/27/2006, 10:42 PM
If i were Stoops, i would close practices all week and leave the media and Nebraska to wonder about Peterson's status.

I miss AD... :(

Collier11
11/27/2006, 11:11 PM
THIS JUST IN!! After assessing the x-rays, doctors have stated that AD actually got so ****ed when he broke his collar bone that he ripped it out and now he may just have to play without it. ;)

KingDavid
11/27/2006, 11:37 PM
From the Oklahoman:

Peterson ‘unlikely' for Saturday

OU coach Bob Stoops said Monday that he's still uncertain whether running back Adrian Peterson might return for Saturday's Big 12 Championship.

"Not definitive, but right now, highly unlikely," Stoops said after Monday's practice. "We're not anticipating that."

Peterson hasn't played since breaking his collarbone Oct. 14 against Iowa State.

He had hoped to return last week against Oklahoma State, but was denied when a bone scan did not show sufficient healing.

Stoops declined to reveal whether a subsequent scan had been performed and offered no timetable for word on his status, which means speculation on one of the week's compelling story lines will continue at least another day.

"I don't have it for you right now," Stoops said.

TrophyCollector
11/28/2006, 12:14 AM
The only announcement of AD's play that matters is the announcement on Saturday of the starting lineups. We are still a potent running team that only throws as an after thought. Nebraska won't prepare any differently with or without AD's availability.

Do you seriously think they wouldn't adjust their game plan one bit if they knew they were going up against the best RB in all of college football and one of the best in college football history?

Yea, they still have to respect our run game, but there is a good chance they adjust to get their best tacklers on the field even if they can't cover a pass to save their lives and stack one more guy around the LOS.

Yea, I know we still have a damn good run game and will run like it is going out of style, but I really think DCs have to completely sell out to try and stop AD. That's exactly why we had more passing yards with AD and are having more rushing yards without him (save Tech and that's only because Leach is defensive dips*it).

So the best situation is to make them prepare for both right up until kickoff.

KingDavid
11/28/2006, 12:27 AM
THIS JUST IN!! After assessing the x-rays, doctors have stated that AD actually got so ****ed when he broke his collar bone that he ripped it out and now he may just have to play without it. ;)

Word is that he'll be carrying it around on the field and using it as a club. It's like Sampson and the donkey jaw bone. Only its AD and he pulled the bone right out of his own shoulder. What a beast.

SoonerTerry
11/28/2006, 01:27 AM
You must spread around some neg spek before neg speking Bluesmagoo, even if he so richly deserves it

TheUnnamedSooner
11/28/2006, 10:10 AM

Yes, but olevet probably has been drinking and doesn't even realize it. ;)

Tear Down This Wall
11/28/2006, 01:10 PM
Why do you guys respond to astrohorn? Why?

setem
11/28/2006, 01:41 PM
If I were Stoops I'd leave AD on the sidelines in his windsuit while AP and Gute and Brown run all over the place on the Husker D.

Then I'd have AD suit up to play after the half.

When did Gute start running all over the place?

He had one good game against Baylor and everyone jumped on his tip!

I think he is a pretty cool cat with all the community service he does and he might have been hot **** in HS. Not so much now...BRING ON THE NEG!

Collier11
11/28/2006, 01:47 PM
Good blocker, Great guy, average back...one thing he is not is Q which is what everyone keeps saying, he is not as fast as Q and Q never fumbled.

TheUnnamedSooner
11/28/2006, 01:52 PM
Q never fumbled.

The Broncos might disagree with you on that...

mxATVracer10
11/28/2006, 02:45 PM
I still dont have the privledges to start a new thread so I'll have to put it in here... But Stoops just said AD is a no go this week but more or less said that he would definately play in the bowl game.

Also, anyone heading to K.C. for the game that is still looking for a hotel should call the Super 8 in Grandview, Mo... $45/night and sounded like they still had several rooms open. It's about 15 miles away from Arrowhead.

SoonerTerry
12/2/2006, 05:16 AM
Hey, I cant start new thread either....... Wanna buy some Amway?