PDA

View Full Version : Credit Due...Way to go Pride!

TheHumanAlphabet
11/27/2006, 04:37 PM
Heard you most of the game through the tube. Don't know if you were especially powerful or were miked by TV, but heard you. Any water from the dorms thrown your way? any slashed drum heads? anyone kicked out of the stadium? Ahh good memories of stenchwater.

Looks like they had you hemmed in the end by the construction.

Oh and you got a flash on TV, more than the aggy band from stinkyland...

dolemitesooner
11/27/2006, 04:41 PM
Its was nothing like 2004 and was not anything like when you were there.

The pride is dead to me.

OUTrumpet
11/27/2006, 04:42 PM
We weren't miked. I continued the fight against waving before kick-offs, and more people just put their index finger in the air...and I played as loud as I frickin could. I couldn't hardly play throughout the 4th...but I tried

dolemitesooner
11/27/2006, 04:44 PM
I think you guys are doing all you can and I respect the hell out of the kids like you that play thier butts off.

But its not the same the sound is no the same the swager is no the same. And booner sooner was not the only song played no stop. And ****ers still waved like morons.

I blame britt...**** BRAIN BRITT

Tulsa_Fireman
11/27/2006, 04:49 PM
YEAH!

**** BRAIN!

dolemitesooner
11/27/2006, 04:51 PM
lol

Piware
11/27/2006, 05:03 PM
The Pride is aptly named. May years ago I was re-assigned to our company's HQ on the East Coast but I still came home for at least 2 home games a year.
On my first trip home, the Pride marched on the field and started the fanfare portion of Oklahoma.

I cried real tears as I had not realized how homesick I was until that moment. Lo, these many years later I still get a lump in my throat.

These kids truly are the Pride of Oklahoma.

colleyvillesooner
11/27/2006, 05:07 PM
:pop:

mrowl
11/27/2006, 05:09 PM
FSN did a good job of putting the mics on the pride. Could hear them well.

yermom
11/27/2006, 05:38 PM
they weren't 2004 good, i didn't notice the waving... i thought maybe they saw the home crowd do it and realized it was dumb

also when did they start the "saw Varsity's horns off" thing

they will steal crap from anyone, won't they?

colleyvillesooner
11/27/2006, 05:50 PM
they weren't 2004 good, i didn't notice the waving... i thought maybe they saw the home crowd do it and realize it was dumb

I sat right behind them, and they only semed to do it on the opening kickoff. I think after that, they saw the Aggies doing it and thought "Well, ****. Better stop doing that."

At least that's what I hope they thought.

SleestakSooner
11/27/2006, 06:17 PM
I too noticed how loud the band was and thought for a moment it might have been the Poke's band... do they also play "Oklahoma" during their half-time performances? Anyhow, I soon realized it was indeed the pride playing loud and proud! WTG BOOMER SOONER!

...one of the 'visitors'

GottaHavePride
11/27/2006, 06:23 PM
they weren't 2004 good, i didn't notice the waving... i thought maybe they saw the home crowd do it and realized it was dumb

2004 good? The Pride hasn't been the same since 2000, IMO.

and even 2000 probably couldn't touch the band in 1987.

that said, I think the hatred of aggie fueled them to new levels on Saturday. ;)

yermom
11/27/2006, 06:42 PM
i mean the 2004 OSU game

they were obnoxious and loud, it was great

i watched the student section get thrown off by them and not yell when they were supposed to

GottaHavePride
11/27/2006, 06:52 PM
Heh.

yermom
11/27/2006, 06:55 PM
seriously, people emailed Boren about it and they sent extra people to aTm after that, they could barely fit into the seats they gave them

Frozen Sooner
11/27/2006, 06:58 PM

Wow. I called that one I guess.

Jimminy Crimson
11/27/2006, 07:28 PM
Speaking of bands...

Did OSU have their usual 'flaggots' this year?

I didn't watch halftime, as usual. ;)

OUTrumpet
11/27/2006, 08:01 PM

Do what now?

Saw Varsity's what's off?

<- confused

and yeah, the waving thing got limited to mostly guard + woodwinds later in the game, and a bunch of the brass booed if they played that cadence

FSN did a good job of putting the mics on the pride. Could hear them well.

We didn't have mics near us man ;)

PrideTuba
11/27/2006, 10:24 PM
i mean the 2004 OSU game

they were obnoxious and loud, it was great

i watched the student section get thrown off by them and not yell when they were supposed to

That was one of my favorite games as a Pride member. Dolemite, did you get a chance to yell at britt?

cofCtuba
11/27/2006, 10:29 PM
Do what now?

Saw Varsity's what's off?

<- confused

He's talkin about the aggies, they sway during their ghey alma mater, they started that several years ago. Another thing they've stolen, KU, Tech, A&M..

OUTrumpet
11/28/2006, 12:32 AM
He's talkin about the aggies, they sway during their ghey alma mater, they started that several years ago. Another thing they've stolen, KU, Tech, A&M..

Ah, thought he was saying we were doing something else aggy...

MamaMia
11/28/2006, 11:32 AM
I love the Pride. osu put us way up on the N 10 yard line. With the Pride on the same side but way over on the other end, we couldnt see them, nor could we hear them. Rude cowpokes.

Brian Britt
11/28/2006, 03:25 PM
Hi everyone!

Hope you're having a fantastic tuesday!

On a lighter note, thanks to everyone for a great game against our respected rivals!

On a more serious note, I believe that you are giving credit to the Pride that is due me. Who's the director of this band? I wouldn't go to your place of business and try to take credit for your accomplishments!

I'm first chair today.

Boomer Sooner!

Brian Britt

P.S. Please tell Dolemite not to hurt me