PDA

View Full Version : Slow ride for fast food got em fired!

BoogercountySooner
11/27/2006, 04:23 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/zamboni_run

BOISE, Idaho - Two employees of the city's ice skating rink have been fired for making a midnight fast-food run in a pair of Zambonis. An anonymous tipster reported seeing the two big ice-resurfacing machines chug through a Burger King drive-through and return to the rink around 12:30 a.m. on Nov. 10. The squat, rubber-tired vehicles, which have a top speed of about 5 mph, drove 1 1/2 miles in all.

The Zamboni operators, both temporary city employees whose names and ages were not released by Parks and Recreation Department, had to negotiate at least one intersection with a traffic light on their late-night creep from Idaho Ice World.

"They were fired immediately," said Parks Department Director Jim Hall. "We're pretty sure it was just the one time. When we interviewed them, they didn't seem to be too concerned about it. I don't think they understood the seriousness of it."

Hall said neither the $75,000 Zambonis nor their $10,000 blades appeared damaged, but the city could charge the employees with operating an unlicensed motor vehicle on a public street.

Heh!

yermom
11/27/2006, 04:35 PM
dude, that would be worth getting fired from a likely minimum wage crap job for

Widescreen
11/27/2006, 04:47 PM
Would've been classic if one of them had broken down.

dolemitesooner
11/27/2006, 04:53 PM
lol

crawfish
11/27/2006, 05:19 PM
That would be a GREAT story to tell your grandchildren.

Totally worth it. :D

GottaHavePride
11/27/2006, 06:16 PM
Heh. This is a case of Late Night Munchies gone awry.

reevie
11/27/2006, 08:55 PM
Would have been pretty funny if one of them got stuck in the overhang above the pick up window

John Kochtoston
11/27/2006, 09:10 PM
When I lived in Minnesota, I always wanted to "borrow" the Zamboni from the ice rink and just follow the city snowplows around on their regular routes.

BeetDigger
11/27/2006, 09:43 PM
Best user name evar.

william_brasky
11/28/2006, 12:05 AM
"They were fired immediately," said Parks Department Director Jim Hall. "We're pretty sure it was just the one time. When we interviewed them, they didn't seem to be too concerned about it. I don't think they understood the seriousness of it."

Those dudes are effin' cool.

proud gonzo
11/28/2006, 01:14 AM
that's hilarious

StoopTroup
11/28/2006, 01:15 AM
That is so "Dude...Where's my car?".

They should write a novel about all the different vehicles they've jacked from employers on their 1st day of work.

How and what would be the best machines?

Or a video like the guy who ate nothing but McD's....Supersize me!

Lets see....

A taxi to deliver pizza's in?

An Ambulance for a keg beer run?

A small bobcat loader for a Route 44 at Sonic?

Oh...the possibilities....:)

LoyalFan
11/29/2006, 03:58 AM
Since it was so long ago that the Statute of Limitations might save me, here's a true confession.
One dreary night during my Army days, my tank crew and I got a severe craving for something other than C-rats. We were way out in the boonies at the time, near the boundary of the vast training area at Fort (Shhhhh!). My loader spied the lights of a very tiny town, mebbe two miles away, so we exited via a remote gate and rumbled into the little burg, right up the one of those Tasty/Freezy/Dairy/Kreemy stands. The streets were pretty deserted and the town was so small it apparently had no police.
When the guy running the place felt the earth shake and looked out the window to see an M60A1 in his lot, the muzzle of the 105mm almost in his face, he kept his cool and sent his little waitress out to take our order, or maybe surrender. Turns out he was ex-Army and thought the whole thing was a major hoot.
A little while later, the girl came out, carrying a bag full of cheeseburgers and four shakes. My loader got out of the turret, reached down, got the goodies and passed them to me, paid her (generous tip included) and off we roared into the night.
For the next few days I sweated a bit, but nothing ever was said.
When I left for Vietnam a few weeks later, my crew told me I was the best damned Cavalry Troop Commander in the whole bleepin' army, LOL!
Fast forward twenty + years...
I decided to go and pay a visit to the wonderful LTC (Ret.) who was our much loved Squadron Commander. I drove to the city to which he and his equally adored spouse retired and we shared two days of happy nostalgia.
As I was getting into the car to leave, he said, "By the way, next time you take a tank off post, you pay for the fuel and bring me a cheeseburger."
Woot! True Story!

LF
Saber 'n Spurs!
My favorite toy evAr!
file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/JOHN/Desktop/new_m60_2_33ar.jpg