PDA

View Full Version : One thing I find funny

Widescreen
11/27/2006, 03:44 PM
A lot of UT fans on the innerwebs are trying to laugh at us that we'll have to play Boise if we win Saturday. Like somehow it's better to be sitting at home and then going to a non-BCS bowl than winning yet another championship and getting the big payday. I also wonder if they'd be laughing at themselves if they hadn't screwed up and failed to make the B12 championship - after all, they'd be looking at playing Boise too. I guess they need something to comfort themselves with.

OnlyOneOklahoma
11/27/2006, 03:47 PM
I like how with the choke job they pulled on friday their athletic department had to kiss goodbye to the 12million dollars they would hae gotten...hehe

So instead they feel the need to belittle us as they play at the Cotton Bowl

jwlynn64
11/27/2006, 04:16 PM
Last time I checked, we weren't in a BCS game yet.

n8v_ndn
11/27/2006, 04:59 PM
That's the type of rationale they use to live with themselves. A lot of them view their program as being cleaner than OU's--always has been, always will be. That seems to make them feel better when they count national championships. Some A&M fans apply that logic too.

When all else fails, they'll resort to 'at least we don't live in Oklahoma/Norman!' statements, not realizing that most of Texas resembles most of Oklahoma in quite a few ways.

OSUAggie
11/27/2006, 05:04 PM
What % of the BCS cash does the actual participating institution keep in the Big 12? I thought most (if not all) of the $ was split up amongst the members of the conference.

The_Red_Patriot
11/27/2006, 05:05 PM
your signature rocks

sooner n houston
11/27/2006, 05:19 PM
What % of the BCS cash does the actual participating institution keep in the Big 12? I thought most (if not all) of the $ was split up amongst the members of the conference.

It's split 13 ways, the participating school gets 2 parts the other 11 BIG XII schools get 1 part each.

caphorns
11/27/2006, 05:22 PM
It's a stupid comment to make, but alot of Sooners were gloating over Texas having to play Boise not less than 2 weeks ago. I'd MUCH rather be playing a BCS game against anyone than a lower tier game, so those comments from either side are completely retarded.

Now, what is odd is that the result of Texas loss probably means the Big 12 only gets 1 representative in the BCS bowls this year (and OU still has to play to earn a spot). Last week it pretty much looked like OU was a favorite for the Rose Bowl of all things, probably to play Michigan, and wouldn't have to play a game to get there. The winner of the Big 12 would have played the Fiesta Bowl against a lower tiered opponent. The whole BCS deal is really a mess.

yermom
11/27/2006, 05:43 PM
It's split 13 ways, the participating school gets 2 parts the other 11 BIG XII schools get 1 part each.

last i heard it was 14, 2 parts to the school in the game, 1 part to the conference and 1 part to the rest of the schools

soonerboomer93
11/27/2006, 06:07 PM
but isn't that after the school's expenses for the bowl game?

Piware
11/27/2006, 06:30 PM

I'm sure the "rollin' in the dough" pokes want to know the answer to that. After all, the bowl revenue generated by the Sooners has been a big shot in the arm for them year after year.

Every time their primary goal to keep OU out of the CCG, a major bowl or the NC game is realized they are literally biting the hand that has fed them since before Gumby was playing pee wee football.