PDA

View Full Version : Jim Traber is a Jerk

jdsooner
11/27/2006, 03:35 PM
He says that if they had left Bobby Reid in, then osu would have won.

Then he warns "all the fools" not to rip him on the message boards because "we are the biggest fools in the world."

Takes one to know one Traber, you bag of hot air!

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/27/2006, 03:40 PM
don't give me a million dollars

OSUAggie
11/27/2006, 03:40 PM
Several Sooner fans have told me that if Reid stayed in the game OSU would have won. I happen to agree.

jwlynn64
11/27/2006, 03:43 PM
Or we would have knocked him out for good. He was on the sideline because he got hurt if I remember correctly.

OUMallen
11/27/2006, 03:43 PM
I don't. That's such a broad statement.

Scott D
11/27/2006, 03:45 PM
Traber also thinks if he'd made contact with that one fastball, he...not Barry Bonds would have over 715 home runs in his illustrious major league career.

Harry Beanbag
I don't know, Robinson averaged like 20 yards a completion on us. I'm kind of glad Reid played as much as he did.

GreenSooner
I don't think it's reasonable to say that they would have won with Reid in there.

I do think it's reasonable to say that they would have had a better chance to win with Reid in there, and that the decision to bench him on the last drive was nuts.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/27/2006, 03:46 PM
Traber also thinks if he'd made contact with that one fastball, he...not Barry Bonds would have over 715 home runs in his illustrious major league career.

is that what that japanese pitcher's name was?

Scott D
11/27/2006, 03:47 PM
god forbid Traber try to say a japanese pitcher's name much less try to spell it ;)

PAW
11/27/2006, 03:47 PM
I don't know, Robinson averaged like 20 yards a completion on us. I'm kind of glad Reid played as much as he did.

I agree. I felt better when Reid was on the field.

OUster
11/27/2006, 03:52 PM
Funny how easy it is to be a coach when your on the radio. I would pay to see Traber actually put his money where his mouth is and field a team. I think the Traber Titwillow football team's record would be something close to what Corso's teams were.

I_SMELL_FEAR
11/27/2006, 03:55 PM
I disagree.

Playing the what-if game is pointless, the game is over.

If Reid had played the whole game, I personally think you would not have converted as many 3rd downs. How many times did qb#2 come in and convert 3rd downs? Quite a few if I remember right. When Reid played 2 downs without much yardage, then qb#2 comes in to get the first down, why should we think Reid would have done more or better?

Maybe he would have, we will never know...all I know is I felt better with Reid at qb than I did with the other qb.

C&CDean
11/27/2006, 03:57 PM
Well if my sister had a dick, she'd be my brother.

Blow me Traber.

Fraggle145
11/27/2006, 03:57 PM

YA. Man everytime we kill one quarteback we arent ready for the next one, or it at least makes it more difficult. BTW I dont know how he can say dont rip him on the msg boards when his website sponsors one. :rolleyes:

Hatfield
11/27/2006, 03:58 PM
a qb needs both shoulders in their socket to be successful...reid didn't qualify after his meeting with nick harris

jdsooner
11/27/2006, 03:59 PM
My problem is not that he thinks osu would win the game. My problem is that he uses the air waves to call people fools for disagreeing with him.

bluedogok
11/27/2006, 04:02 PM
Jim Traber is a Jerk
.....and this is something new?

I_SMELL_FEAR
11/27/2006, 04:04 PM
Traber gets this way every year. He plays it nice until he sees a little bit of what osu has got. then if they are pretty good, he starts his mouthing, then after the loss he mouths the fans and makes excuses. Same ole stuff every year.

Mjcpr
11/27/2006, 04:07 PM
Larry Fedora is a genius, an absolute genius....

KABOOKIE
11/27/2006, 04:09 PM
He Traber, IF Peterson had played he'd have 300 yards, a Sooner record, and the game would have been 56-21 OU.

Anyone wanna bet Traber will be outside Arrowhead this saturday night dissing Paul Thompson and how bad a QB he is? I hope this time Joe John throat punches him.

Remembering Tom Stidham
11/27/2006, 04:10 PM
Larry Fedora is one smart coach. If he felt OSU would score with Reid then Reid would have been in the game.

Stoop Dawg
11/27/2006, 04:12 PM
So Traber thinks Gundy can't coach? I happen to agree.

Maybe Traber should hit TBP up for a job?

frankensooner
11/27/2006, 04:14 PM
I thought it was a pretty good gameplan, and I hate rotating QB's. Gumby stuck to the plan and they had a chance to win at the end. I was impressed with OsU's play.

And Jim Traber is a tool.

OSUAggie
11/27/2006, 04:17 PM
Reid led the team to 21 points... Robinson led the team to 0 points.

Stoop Dawg
11/27/2006, 04:24 PM
Gumby stuck to the plan and they had a chance to win at the end.

I heard a OSU player say this after the game. All you can hope for is a chance to win at the end? No, you can hope for a blow-out victory where you never trail the entire game. That's what I hope for every week. I guess that's the difference between OU and OSU.

PAW
11/27/2006, 04:43 PM
Reid led the team to 21 points... Robinson led the team to 0 points.

Did Reid play every down on those drives? I can't recall.

frankensooner
11/27/2006, 04:45 PM
I heard a OSU player say this after the game. All you can hope for is a chance to win at the end? No, you can hope for a blow-out victory where you never trail the entire game. That's what I hope for every week. I guess that's the difference between OU and OSU.

I thought it was good for OsU, they did hang in there and almost beat big brother.

Tear Down This Wall
11/27/2006, 04:45 PM
I truly pity those of you stuck in the OKC and Tulsa radio markets. (Leave, Steely, while you're still relatively young...ditch the crappy "Uncle" bit and go to a bigger market. You can do it.)

As far as Reid...I though his shoulder looked dislocated or something. If not, Gumby was a bonehead for not having him out there. Then again...Pete Carroll had Reggie Bush on the sideline for the play that would have allowed USC to keep to ball and run out the clock on Texas in last year's Rose Bowl.

So, Gumby = as smart as Pete? Still, whether Reid could have moved them or not is open to question...unless you're as stupid as Traber.

Anyway, this was the first time a really sat and watched an OSU game with Gumby. He looks out of place on the sideline. Can't they move him up into the box where Aggy doesn't have to show the world their coach looks like a 140 pound JUCO bench warmer?

PAW
11/27/2006, 04:49 PM
OK, I checked and Robinson converted 1st downs on every OSU scoring drive.

CobraKai
11/27/2006, 04:49 PM
Did Traber say what would have happened if Birdine had caught that INT when we were up 2 TDs in the 4th? Did he speculate what would happen if the refs had made the right call when Savage fumbled on the goal line? I agree that OSU would have scored that TD had Reid stayed in the game. However, I don't think they would have thrown the ball nearly as well. Robinson is a player.

Bottom line...this game was just as close to being an OU blowout win as it was to being a Cowboy win....just a play or two.

OSUAggie
11/27/2006, 04:51 PM
OK, I checked and Robinson converted 1st downs on every OSU scoring drive.

Robinson also was 0/1 in the red zone, where Reid is most effective, I believe. Reid either pitches the ball to Savage or makes a stronger cut to get into the endzone on the 4th down play that resulted in the touchback.... I just think Reid is a better QB/player than Robinson after watching both all year. Obviously, the coaches don't agree with that.

bixby28
11/27/2006, 04:59 PM
Several Sooner fans have told me that if Reid stayed in the game OSU would have won. I happen to agree.

Yeah,and if the officials noticed Savage's fumble on the goalline (Birdine recovery) the game would have been even further out of their reach.

The Aggies got away with one that play, i could see if from my cheap love seat.

"OSU should've won..."

Yeah, and i should've been 4 inches taller and played quarterback in college.

OSUAggie
11/27/2006, 05:01 PM
Yeah,and if the officials noticed Savage's fumble on the goalline (Birdine recovery) the game would have been even further out of their reach.

The Aggies got away with one that play, i could see if from my cheap love seat.

"OSU should've won..."

There were also about 850 holds that weren't called (including a huge one on the 65-yarder)... so what.

KABOOKIE
11/27/2006, 05:05 PM
And you still lost you puke piece of **** so, take your whooping like a bitch and move on.

CobraKai
11/27/2006, 05:08 PM
here were also about 850 holds that weren't called (including a huge one on the 65-yarder)... so what.

Both ways...that nice block in teh back on the opening kickoff was blatant, although not as blatant as the trip on PT that ended our last drive and allowed OSU to throw for the EZ, instead of 15 yards and 1st down for OU.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/27/2006, 05:10 PM
they "let them play"

bixby28
11/27/2006, 05:11 PM
There were also about 850 holds that weren't called (including a huge one on the 65-yarder)... so what.

That's a lot of holds. I wonder why those weren't called?? Gosh, that game was in Stillwater, too.

Were the missed calls against the Sooners or Cowboys? Didn't Patrick outrun the Cowboy secondary by 5 yards?

I'll call a duck a duck, but that's ridiculous.

You're funny... are you old enough to be on this message board?

"850 holds!!" What's OSU's excuse for not being able to run the ball??

OSUAggie
11/27/2006, 05:12 PM
they "let them play"

I agree. No complaints with the officiating as both sides were allowed to cheat a bit.

bluedogok
11/27/2006, 05:16 PM
Yeah, a guy sticking his leg 4 feet into the air and causing PT to go down is not a trip according to Big 12 refs....I pretty much went ballistic on that one.

TopDawg
11/27/2006, 05:17 PM

How much you wanna make a bet I can throw a football over them mountains?

bixby28
11/27/2006, 05:33 PM
Uncle Rico quotes are awesome... "When i was in high school i could throw a pigskin a 1/4 mile!!

mikeelikee
11/27/2006, 06:14 PM
"Jim Traber is a jerk" = Japanese bomb Pearl Harbor.

Funky G
11/27/2006, 06:23 PM
He says that if they had left Bobby Reid in, then osu would have won.

Then he warns "all the fools" not to rip him on the message boards because "we are the biggest fools in the world."

Takes one to know one Traber, you bag of hot air!

How do you get a job in Sports Radio in Tulsa? Get fired in Joplin? Geezus. The Animal is the worst. Here's a suggestion to all Animal talent, employees, etc. Listen to the Ticket in Dallas for a month, then try again. http://www.theticket.com

OUswagger
11/27/2006, 06:36 PM
This is what I've been saying on shaggies, they are the worst losers. All they think about is how "close" they "almost" beat us. Traber is a homer and we all know it. Let the guy whine like all of those other sheep humpers. Let them play the coulda shoulda game. WE ARE MOVING ON TO THE BIG XII CHAMPIONSHIP!!! Another goal that STOOPS was heading for. BOOMER!!!!

washington's fave
11/27/2006, 06:39 PM
I don't think it's reasonable to say that they would have won with Reid in there.

I do think it's reasonable to say that they would have had a better chance to win with Reid in there, and that the decision to bench him on the last drive was nuts.

I agree. ALL lOSUr fans and coaches alike have implied that Reid is their "franchise" player. If he is what they think he is, then he has to be on the field. The problem w/lOSUr is that their coaches don't believe in their players abilities, they talk up their abilities and talk up how much the players mean in their system but when it is crunch time they second guess themselves to the point that they coach themselves into LOSSES. They will never win big time games w/their current coaches.

Piware
11/27/2006, 06:59 PM
I thought it was good for OsU, they did hang in there and almost beat big brother.

Almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.

Harry Beanbag
11/27/2006, 07:05 PM
Almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.

You obviously don't realize how much aggies cherish moral victories. :)

tulsaOUfan
11/27/2006, 07:16 PM
I agree, I too was glad

washington's fave
11/27/2006, 07:16 PM
Personally, I think big JIM "BLOWHARDER" TRABER is closet OU fan. I think he says what he says for one sole purpose - to generate calls. He sure seems to be drooling when he talks about Coach Stoops and Coach Switzer. I think this is his foolish aggi'ish way of getting lOSUr fans to call in to his radio show. I think Traber knows from personal experience that lOSUr fans are brave and braggidoshish on internet talk boards but are afraid that everyone will know how FOOLISH they are when they actually speak on a live talk forum.

snp
11/27/2006, 07:23 PM
If that ball was thrown a little bit earlier, Lendy might not have forced the overthrow. No way Reid makes that pass.

It was a good call by Gundy.

olevetonahill
11/27/2006, 07:31 PM
Then what hes saying Is "gundy succs " as a coach ?

Ash
11/27/2006, 08:24 PM

Blow me Traber.

Once again, C&CDean nails it right on the head. End of discussion.

Err...no pun intended.

tulsaoilerfan
11/27/2006, 08:44 PM
Someone needs to call in again and ask him how that "Bowman for Heisman" thing is going

Soonerus
11/27/2006, 09:30 PM
Good news for Traber and the Pukes, there is always next year......

bri
11/28/2006, 12:23 AM
Traber's just mad about that time the South Oval pulled a board jihad on his message board. :D

Scott D
11/28/2006, 12:27 AM
I dare someone to call in during his show and whisper the words Bob Horner to him.

TrophyCollector
11/28/2006, 12:29 AM
I dare someone to call in during his show and whisper the words Bob Horner to him.

What's the number?

frankensooner
11/28/2006, 10:15 AM
You noobs don't understand subtlety.

Widescreen
11/28/2006, 10:17 AM
Someone needs to call in again and ask him how that "Bowman for Heisman" thing is going
What about Bobby Reid? Wasn't he everyone's Heisman?

SoonerTitan
11/28/2006, 11:26 AM
Traber's nothing more than a fat mouth power freak that thinks he contributes to Oklahoma and sports. When the Animal cuts him from the lineup I will return as a listener.

OUmillenium
11/28/2006, 11:35 AM
Both ways...that nice block in teh back on the opening kickoff was blatant, although not as blatant as the trip on PT that ended our last drive and allowed OSU to throw for the EZ, instead of 15 yards and 1st down for OU.

Yes, those were obvious and obviously overlooked.

sooner518
11/28/2006, 11:35 AM
What about Bobby Reid? Wasn't he everyone's Heisman?
they're cutting the trophy in half and giving it to both of them for being the leaders of the best 6-6 team in the country. :stunned:

crawfish
11/28/2006, 11:36 AM

Yeah, but 425 of them belonged to the aggies. Don't look too hard in your own backfield during your scoring drives. The holding calls - or lack of them - were very consistent.

Perhaps...perhaps...Reid would've scored on that fourth down. However, I think Stoops doesn't go so conservative and we have plenty of time to march down and score.

We can play this game all we want, but the game's decided anyway. You weren't Oregon-screwed, or even Tech-screwed.

tulsaOUfan
11/28/2006, 11:47 AM
pretty much it was one of those games where the refs decided to let them play. they do that sometimes although usually somewhere in the middle is usually the best

picasso
11/28/2006, 12:20 PM
the what-if crap is a joke.

what-if Roy Williams didn't jump early on that 4th down play in the '01 game? he would have intercepted the ball and we'd have won and been off to another title game.

blah blah frickin blah.

Tear Down This Wall
11/28/2006, 12:55 PM
How do you get a job in Sports Radio in Tulsa? Get fired in Joplin? Geezus. The Animal is the worst. Here's a suggestion to all Animal talent, employees, etc. Listen to the Ticket in Dallas for a month, then try again. http://www.theticket.com

The best thing about The Ticket is that the weekday shows are about 100% anti-Longhorn...a virtual island of common sense in the polluted sea of Dallas' pathetic, 'Horn-leaning sports media.

I think the only pro-Longhorn folk on The Ticket are the buttfags that do the weekend stuff. I think. I don't really know because the weekend shows are so crappy they make Bob Barry, Sr.'s delivery seem like a young Dick Clark on New Year's Eve!

The 'Horn fans in Dallas basically have to listen to the drunk Randy Galloway to get pro-'Horn stuff in Dallas...if they can sit long enough through his idiot horseracing stories. Galloway...all horsesh*t, all the time...with some Longhorn radio-fellatio mixed in.

RacerX
11/28/2006, 01:08 PM
moral victories = losses

Traber hates "message board fools" because Internet discussion has made local sports call in shows even more pointless.

Sooner_Bob
11/28/2006, 01:11 PM
Traber's just mad about that time the South Oval pulled a board jihad on his message board. :D

Good times, good times.

Tear Down This Wall
11/28/2006, 01:11 PM
moral victories = losses

Traber hates "message board fools" because Internet discussion has made local sports call in shows even more pointless.

Excellent...point....

SleestakSooner
11/28/2006, 01:49 PM
moral victories = losses

Traber ever had a point? Oh yeah, I think it was to give it up to himself... wtg Jimbo. :cool:

bri
11/28/2006, 03:09 PM
Good times, good times.

Yes they were, bri. ;)

stoopified
11/28/2006, 03:22 PM
Several Sooner fans have told me that if Reid stayed in the game OSU would have won. I happen to agree.Bwahhahahahahahahahahhaha.Thanks,I needed the laugh.That is like saying IF Bob didn't put the offense in the fourth quarter deep-freeze OU would havewon by 2-3 TDs.Thatstatement is every bit as accurate as Traber's,as both statements are PURE speculation.

OSUAggie
11/28/2006, 03:26 PM
Bwahhahahahahahahahahhaha.Thanks,I needed the laugh.That is like saying IF Bob didn't put the offense in the fourth quarter deep-freeze OU would havewon by 2-3 TDs.Thatstatement is every bit as accurate as Traber's,as both statements are PURE speculation.

Actually that statement is PURE opinion. I think Reid leads the team to a score if he's the QB on the final drive. Just my opinion. The final drive doesn't have anything to do with how Stoops or Wilson would have conducted their offense the previous 59 minutes.

I_SMELL_FEAR
11/28/2006, 03:47 PM
I think Reid gets aggot slapped on the final drive,we win AND you lose Reid for the Fruity Pebbles Bowl. Just my opinion.

bri
11/28/2006, 03:53 PM
And if Reid was in on that last play, and you STILL didn't score, you'd all be bitching that if only the other guy had been in, you would have scored.

You see, aggy, the nice thing about winning is that you don't have to come up with weak crap like this to make you feel better about failing at your one and only objective in life.

tulsaOUfan
11/28/2006, 03:56 PM
Bwahhahahahahahahahahhaha.Thanks,I needed the laugh.That is like saying IF Bob didn't put the offense in the fourth quarter deep-freeze OU would havewon by 2-3 TDs.Thatstatement is every bit as accurate as Traber's,as both statements are PURE speculation.
I agree, total speculation along with being of the "ifs ands and buts the world would be full of candy and nuts" variety.

SleestakSooner
11/28/2006, 04:13 PM
Actually that statement is PURE opinion. I think Reid leads the team to a score if he's the QB on the final drive. Just my opinion. The final drive doesn't have anything to do with how Stoops or Wilson would have conducted their offense the previous 59 minutes.

Was it not Reid who on the next to last drive got sacked on a third and long play leaving them 4th and 22 and punting with less than five minutes in the game?

What exactly about his performance makes you have the opinion (or belief) that his being in there changes the outcome at all?

Is it that Robinson coughed the ball up on our one inch line and you just "know" in your heart of hearts Reid would have scored on that play?

Poor, poor aggies.

OSUAggie
11/28/2006, 04:31 PM
And if Reid was in on that last play, and you STILL didn't score, you'd all be bitching that if only the other guy had been in, you would have scored.

You see, aggy, the nice thing about winning is that you don't have to come up with weak crap like this to make you feel better about failing at your one and only objective in life.

I'm not coming up with weak crap to make me feel better. All I'm doing is stating that I thought Reid should have played the entire game. I don't like a 2 QB system. Whether it changes the outcome of the game is very debatable, and it does no good to argue that point b/c everyone has their own opinions. I don't think we played very well and I fully admit that we lost and that OU was easily the better team that day and we were fortunate to even have an opportunity to win at the end of the game.

Was it not Reid who on the next to last drive got sacked on a third and long play leaving them 4th and 22 and punting with less than five minutes in the game?

Yes.

What exactly about his performance makes you have the opinion (or belief) that his being in there changes the outcome at all?

I believe he's a better thrower, runner and overall playmaker than Robinson. I judge this mostly on his performance throughout the season, but he was also 8/12 in the game.

Is it that Robinson coughed the ball up on our one inch line and you just "know" in your heart of hearts Reid would have scored on that play?

The playcalling on the goalline was awful, I thought. However, I feel more comfortable with Reid running an option on the goalline than I do with Robinson.

RRWSooner
11/28/2006, 04:45 PM
It seems they whine like this everytime we have a close game with lOSUr. I cant how many times over the years they "shoulda" won.

Shoulda, coulda, woulda....

If they shoulda won then they woulda won....period. What a bunch of whiners...:rolleyes:

BlondeSoonerGirl
11/28/2006, 04:52 PM
The game of football dropped the turd known as Jim Traber a long time ago.

And he's been stinkin' mad about it since then.

OSUAggie
11/28/2006, 04:53 PM
It seems they whine like this everytime we have a close game with lOSUr. I cant how many times over the years they "shoulda" won.

Shoulda, coulda, woulda....

If they shoulda won then they woulda won....period. What a bunch of whiners...:rolleyes:

How is that "whining"? Because I don't agree with Gundy/Fedora's decision? Pretty sure there was a long @ss thread on here about the conservative Sooner offense in the 2nd half... Is that whining?

CobraKai
11/28/2006, 04:59 PM
How is that "whining"? Because I don't agree with Gundy/Fedora's decision? Pretty sure there was a long @ss thread on here about the conservative Sooner offense in the 2nd half... Is that whining?

Yes :D

RRWSooner
11/28/2006, 05:42 PM

Yeah, we don't whine...we just point out facts. You guys whine. :P

Sooner_Bob
11/28/2006, 06:28 PM
Yes they were, bri. ;)

Pfffft. I forgot about that.

orangekaje
11/28/2006, 07:19 PM
Yeah, we don't whine...we just point out facts. You guys whine and hump sheep. :P

Fixed?

aurorasooner
11/28/2006, 07:48 PM
http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/2375/traborstrike3jw5.jpg

SoonerTitan
11/28/2006, 08:26 PM
Traber's fat arse charging the mound.:pop:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSrRxHhfHKc

Ash
11/28/2006, 08:45 PM
geez...even when he was a world-class "athlete" he was a fat a$$.

Hey Trabe! That gut is "big time"!!!!

What a solid dude.

JLMSOONER
11/28/2006, 09:04 PM
How many times have I heard that if Robinson would have thrown it just a little shorter, Woods would have caught it for the game winner. I guess nobody saw Holmes tip it. If it had been shorter he would have had a pick.

GreenSooner
11/28/2006, 10:31 PM
Traber's fat arse charging the mound.:pop:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSrRxHhfHKc

Hehehe....more like charging center field! Gotta love the mullet, too!

bri
11/28/2006, 10:39 PM
Pfffft. I forgot about that.

Dude, how could you forget about that?!? Pretending to be me HAS to be the highlight of your interweb career. :D

Rock Hard Corn Frog
12/1/2006, 04:04 PM
I move that Traber be reffered to as Grandma penguin from this day forward...

1. He's built like one

2. He runs like one

3. The world would be a better place if a Sea Lion ate him..

4. I'm pretty certain that on at least 1-2 occaisions that he has had a penguin d**k in him.

85sooners
12/1/2006, 04:27 PM
**** traber!!!!!

Fraggle145
12/1/2006, 06:15 PM
Yeah, we don't whine...we just point out facts. You guys whine and hump sheep. :P

Fixed?

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! That is funny, even for an Aggie. Sorry we forgot to mention the sheep humping.

soonerloyal
12/1/2006, 07:12 PM

Blow me Traber.

Are we allowed to give Admin spek points?

I'm much too old to have found that as hysterical as I did. I really should behave better, but...THANKS!! :O