PDA

View Full Version : My wish came true

HuskerPower
11/27/2006, 03:28 PM
I haven't been here for about a year, the last thing I said was "hope to see you guys in the Big 12 Championship!" I couldn't be more happy that it worked out this way. Whenever I get to see Oklahoma vs Nebraska is great, but an old school battle for the conference title will be awesome.

Good luck to the Sooners! Better luck to the Huskers!

TheLadiesMike
11/27/2006, 03:52 PM
This is the championship game the Big XII was formed to produce.

ouradu
11/27/2006, 03:55 PM
This is the championship game the Big XII was formed to produce.
I don't know about that, we had this matchup already just about every year. The Big XII was formed to bail the Texas schools out. Now they act like they own the place. This matchup to me is the way it should be, back to the powers that were in the big 8.

KingDavid
11/27/2006, 04:55 PM
Tragic that we don't see this match up every year. Big XII should boot Baylor into the MAC or WAC or whatever. Then, if ee dumped the championship game, we could play a ten game full conference schedule and still have three non-conference games. We'd see Nebraska, Colorado, K-state, Mizzou every year.

I don't care what you say about Guy Morris resurrecting that program, they simply do not belong in the Big XII football conference.

It is sickening that we have to play them every year and miss out on a true rivalry with Nebraska. I'm making myself sick just talking about it.

SoonerStormchaser
11/27/2006, 07:30 PM
If we dumped Baylor, then we'd be the Big XII (Big XI) and would look just as stupid as the Big Ten (Big Eleven).

Baylor's problem is that they're a selective school to get into...and they don't spend the $$ on athletics the way we do.

olevetonahill
11/27/2006, 07:43 PM
Tragic that we don't see this match up every year. Big XII should boot osu into the MAC or WAC or whatever. Then, if ee dumped the championship game, we could play a ten game full conference schedule and still have three non-conference games. We'd see Nebraska, Colorado, K-state, Mizzou every year.

I don't care what you say about Guy Morris resurrecting that program, they simply do not belong in the Big XII football conference.

It is sickening that we have to play them every year and miss out on a true rivalry with Nebraska. I'm making myself sick just talking about it.

fixed