PDA

View Full Version : So Nebbish gets around 80% of the seats...

noobalicious
11/27/2006, 02:57 PM
NORMAN, Okla. -- The University of Oklahoma announced Monday morning that it has sold its entire allotment of nearly 8,500 tickets for this Saturday's Dr Pepper Big 12 Championship game at Kansas City.

Capacity at Arrowhead Stadium is ~79000. Allowing for other ticket avenues like ticketmaster, etc...I would think we would be between 10000 and 15000 fans. That means Nebraska will have about 80% of the seats available. I'm guessing maybe this is because whorns are selling to Nebraska fans and not OU fans? Or are we getting a lot more seats that I don't know about. Looks like students will be behind the east endzone as well.

Maybe we'll only have 10000, but we'll be a loud 10000!

JohnnyMack
11/27/2006, 02:59 PM
Someone please hit me in the head with a hammer.

Veritas
11/27/2006, 03:00 PM
Someone please hit me in the head with a hammer.
WHAM

BigRedTradition
11/27/2006, 03:09 PM
That means Nebraska will have about 80% of the seats available.

:P :D

C'mon, now. We need all the help we can get.:)

Will it be enough? I think so.

BTW, what an incredible year for you guys. Too bad about the Oregon game; that was a disgraceful display by the refs.

Any idea of your qb for next year?

Here's to a great game. :pop:

and no Sooner Magic, please....:cool:

JohnnyMack
11/27/2006, 03:14 PM
WHAM

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83974

And I don't care what gay cd's you have. I'm NOT coming up there and sharing a room with you in KC. Stop. Asking.

MamaMia
11/27/2006, 03:17 PM
The huskers belief that they were going came sooner and was also stronger than our belief that Texas A&M could beat Texas in Austin this year.

yermom
11/27/2006, 03:20 PM
still tickets available... also Cheifs season ticket holders get a crack at a lot of them

i do think we will be outnumbered though

royalfan5
11/27/2006, 03:21 PM
The huskers belief that they were going came sooner and was also stronger than our belief that Texas A&M could beat Texas in Austin this year.
Nebraska fans always believe they are going to the Big XII championship games. People didn't wait for NU to clinch to start buying their tickets.

OKLA21FAN
11/27/2006, 03:22 PM
Nebraska fans always believe they are going to the Big XII championship games. People didn't wait for NU to clinch to start buying their tickets.
if OU played in the North, I would have bought tickets in Sept as well. :pop:

colleyvillesooner
11/27/2006, 03:23 PM
I think they will have many fans there, but I don't buy the 58,000 number thrown out earlier.

Big Red Cop
11/27/2006, 03:27 PM
I have heard from several people that 810am out of KC reported that NU will have roughly 65,000 tickets snatched up to around 15,000 for OU. Doesn't seem fair, but that is what they were reportedly stating this morning. Also said that the game is now sold out!?!? We'll see come Saturday. Does beer taste good hot???:D

MamaMia
11/27/2006, 03:27 PM
Nebraska fans always believe they are going to the Big XII championship games. People didn't wait for NU to clinch to start buying their tickets. If that were true, there would not have been so many available when NU didn't stand a chance. Its not as if Big XII fans have been buying seats from huskers all these years. I think you have the words 'believe' and 'hope' confused. ;)

colleyvillesooner
11/27/2006, 03:30 PM
I have heard from several people that 810am out of KC reported that NU will have roughly 65,000 tickets snatched up to around 15,000 for OU. Doesn't seem fair, but that is what they were reportedly stating this morning. Also said that the game is now sold out!?!? We'll see come Saturday. Does beer taste good hot???:D

There's no way. There are a ton of tickets that the Big 12 gets, Dr. Pepper gets and other corporate tickets.

Beef
11/27/2006, 03:34 PM
There's no way. There are a ton of tickets that the Big 12 gets, Dr. Pepper gets and other corporate tickets.
I was gonna say that I don't recall every person at the game being a fan of one team or the other.

Big Red Cop
11/27/2006, 03:34 PM
Like I said, we'll "sea" come Saturday night. Just stating what is reportedly being said as far as radio out of KC. Can't wait to be amongst the Husker/Sooner nation!

Mr. Nuke
11/27/2006, 03:38 PM
Most of those are going to be your suite type tickets though.

critical_phil
11/27/2006, 03:38 PM
WHAM

**** off, dip ****

MamaMia
11/27/2006, 03:39 PM
Like I said, we'll "sea" come Saturday night. Just stating what is reportedly being said as far as radio out of KC. Can't wait to be amongst the Husker/Sooner nation!
It wont matter as far as the game is concerned. We've recently beat you with more bugeaters than that sitting in the stands. Our boys feed off the other teams fans. :D

royalfan5
11/27/2006, 03:39 PM
If that were true, there would not have been so many available when NU didn't stand a chance. Its not as if Big XII fans have been buying seats from huskers all these years. I think you have the words 'believe' and 'hope' confused. ;)
There is a consistent base that buys tickets early every year. It's not everybody mind you but a significant number. Some wait longer, but I would bet 5,000 NU fans buy CCG game tickets as soon as they can every year. My roommates ordered theirs in August.

Widescreen
11/27/2006, 03:47 PM
If that were true, there would not have been so many available when NU didn't stand a chance. Its not as if Big XII fans have been buying seats from huskers all these years. I think you have the words 'believe' and 'hope' confused. ;)
Look at mom, throwing down the smack! :)

SoonerRecon
11/27/2006, 03:47 PM
total BS. there has never been a sellout for the big 12 championship. tickets go for $20 in the parking lot. nebraska may have a few more thousand fans, but they can only fit so many on a tractor.

KingDavid
11/27/2006, 03:52 PM
If we were in the North, I would buy the Ten Year Championship Game Value Pack.

yermom
11/27/2006, 03:56 PM
under Stoops that hasn't really been a bad bet in the South ;)

of course, most of the time, with the service charges you are getting robbed if you buy them before the game

Big Red Cop
11/27/2006, 03:57 PM
total BS. there has never been a sellout for the big 12 championship. tickets go for $20 in the parking lot. nebraska may have a few more thousand fans, but they can only fit so many on a tractor.

I think that you Sooner fans are forgetting the sad fact that NU hasn't been to this game since 1999! NU will have ton of fans in the stands as we have felt for several weeks now that NU would for sure be there. Sure the numbers might be a little high, but don't think for a second that NU won't have 50,000+ in that stadium. NU fans are hungry for this game, it is only 175 miles from home, and it is against OU!!

:eek: = OU fan walking into Arrowhead and seeing the amount of crazed NU fans!!

Widescreen
11/27/2006, 03:59 PM
:eek: = OU fan walking into Arrowhead and seeing the amount of crazed NU fans!!
:stunned: = NU fan leaving the stadium following the game

Rhino
11/27/2006, 04:06 PM
The people that say there will be 65k+ Huskers at the game are the same kind of people that claim OU/TX tickets go for around $500 a pop. Clueless and irrational.

I remember hearing the same crap from KState fans when we played them in KC in 2000 and 2003. Talked about how they were closer to KC, had been buying tickets all year long, most Chiefs fans were also KState fans, daggone it we really, really want it, etc.

In the end, the attendance was about 25% OU, 25% KState, 30% Other People and 20% empty.

Fugue
11/27/2006, 04:06 PM
:stunned: = NU fan leaving the stadium following the game

heh = fugue's response to that post.

royalfan5
11/27/2006, 04:08 PM
The people that say there will be 65k+ Huskers at the game are the same kind of people that claim OU/TX tickets go for around $500 a pop. Clueless and irrational.

I remember hearing the same crap from KState fans when we played them in KC in 2000 and 2003. Talked about how they were closer to KC, had been buying tickets all year long, most Chiefs fans were also KState fans, daggone it we really, really want it, etc.

In the end, the attendance was about 25% OU, 25% KState, 30% Other People and 20% empty.
KSU fans:NU Fans as OSU fans: OU Fans just something to keep in mind.

KABOOKIE
11/27/2006, 04:21 PM

Bull f'ing ****. Your *** didn't go to the 2003 BXII Champ game. Tickets were barely found around the stadium and face value was the best deal.

This wasn't the case in 2003. I'd say it was more like 30% OU 65% Kstate and 5% empty.

mrowl
11/27/2006, 04:26 PM
Bull f'ing ****. Your *** didn't go to the 2003 BXII Champ game. Tickets were barely found around the stadium and face value was the best deal.

This wasn't the case in 2003. I'd say it was more like 30% OU 65% Kstate and 5% empty.

I remember something different. We got tickets for $40 each, and sat on the 30. And half of the upper deck was empty.

yermom
11/27/2006, 04:27 PM
we regretted buying tickets for the 2003 game beforehand, we paid way too much and there seemed to be a lot of empty seats, maybe that was just at the end though :O

Rhino
11/27/2006, 04:28 PM
Lil and I paid $30 for a pair ten minutes before kickoff in 2003.

Getting tickets to the four CCGs we've played in has been super easy and cheap.

bluedogok
11/27/2006, 04:28 PM
I have no doubt The Children of the Corn will have large numbers there, go to a Chiefs game and a quarter of the red in there is Nebraska gear. To them KC is like Dallas to OU, the nearest large city with a lot of grads and fans....and you know they aren't afraid of cold living where they do.

yermom
11/27/2006, 04:32 PM
we stayed in KC when we played in Lincoln last year, it's not much of a drive, LOTS closer than Norman

royalfan5
11/27/2006, 04:41 PM
Last time NU played in Arrowhead was in 1998 in regular season game against OSU. Attendance was 79,555 and you know that wasn't due to poke fans.

picasso
11/27/2006, 04:58 PM
I've never seen that stadium full. even in the 2000 game.

just don't be talking smack Friday night, Corn people.

OSUAggie
11/27/2006, 05:16 PM
Last time NU played in Arrowhead was in 1998 in regular season game against OSU. Attendance was 79,555 and you know that wasn't due to poke fans.

I was @ that game. There were about 25,000-30,000 Poke fans there.

picasso
11/27/2006, 05:30 PM

we had a ton of fans on the press box side. just sayin.

royalfan5
11/27/2006, 05:36 PM
I was @ that game. There were about 25,000-30,000 Poke fans there.
It was an OSU home game. 50,000 NU fans for an OSU game. Now make it a game of significance. NU fans will turn out it droves.

picasso
11/27/2006, 05:40 PM
I must admit the 3 times I've been up to KC for this game there has always been Nebraska fans there just to watch the contest. some cordial ones at the bars in Westport, some not.
and I just love it when northern rednecks (Kansas, Missouri and Nebraska types) try to make fun of us as being hicks. :D

SoonerGOP
11/27/2006, 05:43 PM
And I'm sure the people in Austin that purchased theirs are only selling to fellow South division fans...

OSUAggie
11/27/2006, 06:08 PM
It was an OSU home game. 50,000 NU fans for an OSU game. Now make it a game of significance. NU fans will turn out it droves.

You were also coming off an MNC. And OSU was coming off an 8-win year. Thanks for paying for our softball stadium so we could avoid a Title IX suit.

royalfan5
11/27/2006, 06:26 PM
You were also coming off an MNC. And OSU was coming off an 8-win year. Thanks for paying for our softball stadium so we could avoid a Title IX suit.
Real programs don't have to sell home games or celebrate 8 win seasons. Just sayin.

OSUAggie
11/27/2006, 06:27 PM
Real programs also don't lose 2 straight to OSU in Stillwater... Just sayin';)

royalfan5
11/27/2006, 06:45 PM
Real programs also don't lose 2 straight to OSU in Stillwater... Just sayin';)
real programs have more than 4 wins in a 40 plus year series. just sayin.

badger
11/27/2006, 10:11 PM
at least the big 12 game will be sold out for once. it really ticked me off that the past champeenships haven't been sold out.

JohnnyMack
11/27/2006, 10:16 PM
Here's an idea, why don't the bugeater and the poke go fag up their own boards? K. Thanks.

badger
11/27/2006, 10:21 PM
c'mon mack, be nice.

seriously, though--- why can't we ever sell out a champ game? colorado doesn't travel, ksu thought they didn't have a chance against us (dammit dammit dammit), and really, don't north division fans, excluding nebbish, really suck when it comes to hardcore support of their football teams?

JohnnyMack
11/27/2006, 10:24 PM
These games don't sell out because of the sheer quantity of tickets that go to the corporate goons.

And I don't wanna be nice, I want the football board back from the abyss of rampant stupidity, trolls and fans of other boards.

Except for V. He can stay.

badger
11/27/2006, 10:26 PM
in that case, I have a new avatar for you:
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en-commons/b/b5/DoNotFeedTroll.png

SoonerShark
11/27/2006, 10:47 PM
I have no doubt The Children of the Corn will have large numbers there, go to a Chiefs game and a quarter of the red in there is Nebraska gear. To them KC is like Dallas to OU, the nearest large city with a lot of grads and fans....and you know they aren't afraid of cold living where they do.

Hmmm....I dislike the chiefs and I kinda like the Dallas Cowboys. I don't like the NU or KC shades of red either, both are too bright and gaudy. I don't dislike NU generally since there is nothing to dislike. The Nebraskans I have met were entirely personality free...and I was there one summer on wheat harvest after my junior year in high school. It was akin to spending the summer amongst cardboard cutouts who were extras from the 50's movie version of "Oklahoma." Those folks were lonely. Their theme song was "The Farmer and the Cowman Can Be More Than Friends."

royalfan5
11/27/2006, 10:49 PM
Here's an idea, why don't the bugeater and the poke go fag up their own boards? K. Thanks.
since I chip in money for the board, I will fag where I deem neccessary.

Soonerus
11/27/2006, 10:51 PM
Callenbilly's boys will have about 25-30,000 in attendance...OU will be close to that number too....

Young-grasshopper
11/27/2006, 11:38 PM
during pregame on the tube, don't be shocked when the commentators say...."looks like a Nebraska home game"

colleyvillesooner
11/28/2006, 12:04 AM
real programs have more than 4 wins in a 40 plus year series. just sayin.

aaaaannnnnddddd....

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d40/calland/owned.gif

Rhino
11/28/2006, 03:22 AM
It can be as sold out as it wants to be, there's still going to be gobs of empty seats.

Texas Golfer
11/28/2006, 03:41 AM
This doesn't seem hardly right, if correct, that NU will be getting a significant amount more of the tickets. In essence, it makes it a home game for them.

The Big XII should divide the tickets equally between the North Champ and the South Champ. Once the champ of that division has clinched their berth, they get their allotted tickets to sell. If, for any reason, the other division champ doesn't sell all of their tickets, then the other team gets a shot at them.

It seems simple enough rather than to allot one team more than 5 times the amount of tickets.

devOUt
11/28/2006, 07:50 AM
65,000 + Callahan = OU victory

sciHusker
11/28/2006, 08:11 AM
This doesn't seem hardly right, if correct, that NU will be getting a significant amount more of the tickets. In essence, it makes it a home game for them.

The Big XII should divide the tickets equally between the North Champ and the South Champ. Once the champ of that division has clinched their berth, they get their allotted tickets to sell. If, for any reason, the other division champ doesn't sell all of their tickets, then the other team gets a shot at them.

It seems simple enough rather than to allot one team more than 5 times the amount of tickets.

i don't think nebraska was "alloted" any more tickets that ou. they were simply purchased from other sources that anyone can purchase from.....

soonerinabilene
11/28/2006, 09:11 AM

you also have to figure they wrapped up the north before anyone even thought texas would lose two in a row. they got a big head start on buying tickets.

Veritas
11/28/2006, 09:45 AM
These games don't sell out because of the sheer quantity of tickets that go to the corporate goons.

And I don't wanna be nice, I want the football board back from the abyss of rampant stupidity, trolls and fans of other boards.

Except for V. He can stay.
Thank GOD I thought I was dead to you! I can finally go to sleep in an un-tearsoaked pillow.

Oh, and poke fan, real programs don't print up tee-shirts after winning conference games. Just sayin'.

picasso
11/28/2006, 09:50 AM
real programs also don't change the color of their pants after warm-ups.

bluedogok
11/28/2006, 11:26 AM
Kansas City Chiefs season ticket holders have rights to buy tickets for other games held at Arrowhead, so I would bet many of them bought them for the Big 12 game. Many Chiefs fans are Nebraska fans or I am sure have Nebraska friends so any game in KC involving Nebraska would have a higher number of their fans.

I think Texans season ticket holders have the same rights when the game is at Reliant. If the game was at Reliant this year I would imagine the numbers would be more skewed OU's way.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
11/28/2006, 11:27 AM
It wasn't totally sold out in 03 but it was pretty close. I'd say the stadium was 90-95% full with probably 60% KSU. In 04 you wouldn't have known Colo was playing in the game if you hadn't seen them on the field. A guy I was with paid $20 for 2 tickets, parking was more expensive.

Neb has known since the MU game, and expected long before that they would be in KC so they got the jump and honestly they do travel as well if not better than anyone in the country, us included. My brother and I are still trying to get tickets but I'm sure we can if the price is right.

I figure Neb will have 60-65% of the fans, we will have 25% or so and the last 10-15% will be neutral. Enough that the crowd will be pro-Neb but it won't be anything like playing in Lincoln and it will have virtually no effect on the game.

Veritas
11/28/2006, 11:40 AM
Either way, if AD trots back onto the field, I bet there will be unanimous applause, followed by 60-65% of the crowd going "oh f***." :D