PDA

View Full Version : CRISIS!

Jerk
11/27/2006, 02:47 PM
Remember my pics I posted this summer?

I guarantee ya, I have put on 60 pounds since then.

Now, I hate to complain like a girl, and I normally wouldn't, but this is getting serious.

I am getting very big.

I eat everything put in front of my face.

I can't stop.

I damned sure don't want to excercise after the pinched nerve - my foot still hurts like a mofo (and they wont let me take the good drugs because I drive a gawdamned truck)

Please help! I am sinking slowly in a pile of my own fat goo.

It's only a matter of time and I won't be able to get up out of bed.

royalfan5
11/27/2006, 02:51 PM
What kind of food are you shoveling in? Do you drink regular soda or diet. How much and what type of alcohol?

SicEmBaylor
11/27/2006, 02:51 PM
The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their........

Oh err, never mind, wrong crisis.

VeeJay
11/27/2006, 02:57 PM
Sixty pounds is a lot of excess to be totin' around.

I was once around 50 lbs. overweight (on a 6'3" frame) and it was tough on my feet. I maxed out at a 38" waist.

Jerk
11/27/2006, 03:00 PM
I've been eating alot of sugar lately.

I'm addicted to Diet Dr Pepper and go into withdrawals without it.

I drink on the weekends, usually liquor this time of year.

I'm 203 lbs on a 5'11" frame I should weight about 165

I think my wife is trying to kill me.

Seriously, the "gut" is why I fugged up my back and pinched a nerve.

JohnnyMack
11/27/2006, 03:02 PM
Since I just finished a 1/2 lb jalapeno cheeseburger with fries for lunch, I probably am not going to be much help.

crawfish
11/27/2006, 03:12 PM
Whatever you do, do NOT bring a can of Boy Scout caramel corn to work with you. I've almost finished the freaking thing off.

OhU1
11/27/2006, 03:15 PM
Boring as hell but count calories. Find a base line and cut at least 500 calories a day.

Worked real well for me from April through August. Since then I've been holding more or less steady but I have not been as strict and not accounting for the calories to keep me disciplined like I should. My immediate goal is to "hold the line" through the holidays and pick back up after the holidays and start losing again. 2,000 calories a day Sunday through Thursday and doing what I wanted on Friday and Saturday was working well for me.

royalfan5
11/27/2006, 03:18 PM
at least you are drinking diet pop. Can you at least get on an excersise bike with out aggravation your back? Are you eating lots of fried foods with the sugar? Do you eat a lot of vegetables?

Scott D
11/27/2006, 03:25 PM
quit drinking the pop for starters.

OU4LIFE
11/27/2006, 03:35 PM
quick fix? Drop the majority of the carbs.

protein and vegetables my friend. The weight will come off. Be diligent. do it for two months, then start working the carbs back in....TINY bits.

hard on the liver, but for two months, it works well. I dropped 50. and it's much easier to control my appetite now.

OU4LIFE
11/27/2006, 03:36 PM
quit drinking the pop for starters.

AMEN.

and by "majority" of the carbs, I mean "all".

Rhino
11/27/2006, 03:37 PM
Stop drinking pop and you'll drop about ten lbs.

Petro-Sooner
11/27/2006, 03:47 PM
Drop the pop, keep the beer.

Check.

Scott D
11/27/2006, 03:51 PM

protein and vegetables my friend. The weight will come off. Be diligent. do it for two months, then start working the carbs back in....TINY bits.

hard on the liver, but for two months, it works well. I dropped 50. and it's much easier to control my appetite now.

Just don't tell him to do a detox program....that might drive him over the edge :D

JohnnyMack
11/27/2006, 03:53 PM

Well you are kinda the resident expert on taking protein shots.

NTTAWWT.

IB4OU2
11/27/2006, 03:59 PM
Eat venison........and lot's of it. You can't beat the lean goodness of fresh bambi and the satisfaction of eating something YOU personally killed. :D

OhU1
11/27/2006, 04:03 PM
Beer carb = good.
Pop carb = wasted calories.

OU4LIFE
11/27/2006, 04:13 PM
Well you are kinda the resident expert on taking protein shots.

NTTAWWT.

It's obvious that you have me confused with Howzit or 1TC.

I don't wear a powdered wig, and i'm not nearly goofy looking enough.

1stTimeCaller
11/27/2006, 04:19 PM
No, JohnnyMack had it right the first time. They don't call Hairy, "Slurpee" for nothing.

crawfish
11/27/2006, 05:26 PM
The caramel corn tin is now empty. :O

Jerk
11/27/2006, 05:31 PM
I think I'll go on a meat and cheese diet after 1-1

That will add another new years resolution to the other two I have.

I should have had the butcher make the entire deer I shot into summer sausage. That stuff is good, but the meat is...yeeeesh....kind of strong.

Rogue
11/27/2006, 06:08 PM
Most diets involve counting and reducing something, be it carbs, fat grams, calories, etc.

I'm about your height and blossomed up to 200# last winter. I wanted to be between 180 and 185 thanks to the Body Mass Index Caluculators like this:
http://www.cdc.gov/nccdphp/dnpa/bmi/index.htm

In my observations, most fad diets just don't work.

I ended up doing 3 things:
1) Gave up potato chips, my favorite junk food
2) Switched to diet cokes and cut the amount I drank them in 1/2
3) Strange as hell but I started eating breakfast (hadn't before) and had
dinner by 6 PM.

The theory on #3 is that you begin metabolizing earlier in the day if you eat breakfast. I just had cereal, yogurt, a piece of fruit, something like that. Also late night meals or snacking are a no-no.

So far, so good. I've kept the weight off and steady about 183# for almost a year. :D

The best part, not one gym membership, pushup, situp/crunch, mile jogged, etc.!!!

Good luck Jerk.

lil'duck
11/27/2006, 09:28 PM
The only thing that's really ever worked for me for losing weight (not just maintaining) was jogging - a lot - combined with a low-fat, no junk food diet.

Although, I once went on a BBQ diet - and I lost quite a bit of weight one summer just by having BBQ'd meat + veggies for dinner every night (no butter on the veggies of course) and no jogging at all. Best diet ever.

olevetonahill
11/27/2006, 09:32 PM
I think I'll go on a meat and cheese diet after 1-1

That will add another new years resolution to the other two I have.

I should have had the butcher make the entire deer I shot into summer sausage. That stuff is good, but the meat is...yeeeesh....kind of strong.
Theres your prob !
You Must have stronger meat than the meat you eat !:D

WILBURJIM
11/27/2006, 10:06 PM

I started a bowl of Count Chocula at the same time I started reading this thread. One box of cereal and a quart of milk later, I'm thinking I might need some venison sausage to cleanse the palate.
:D

Okla-homey
11/27/2006, 10:22 PM
A little crystal meth would peel them pounds right off'n you. And your teeth, and your job, savings, reputation, self-respect, etc, etc.

proud gonzo
11/28/2006, 01:02 AM
my uncle used the best diet ever. He called it his "monkey diet" because apparently they tested it with chimps or something... who knows.

Anyway, the idea is that whenever you sit down to eat, leave 10% of your food on your plate. Just eat less, and you'll lose weight. Worked really well for him.

StoopTroup
11/28/2006, 01:24 AM
Jerk...

Get real drunk and start a bar fight...

Make sure you don't stop fighting until you get your jaw broke....

Have your jaws wired shut for 9-12 weeks...

You'll quickly figure out how to get food into your mouth with a water pic...

Plus...

You'll be around 140 lbs. once they take the wires out.

YWIA ;)

soonerboomer93
11/28/2006, 07:39 AM
Heck Jerk, I'll be honest with you. I need to lose about 60-75 lbs myself. I've needed to lose that much for the last 5+ years. It's not easy, but I myself have back problems, my knees also sometimes hurt like a bitch. In july I started working out, swimming 3 times a week, then I took my new job and basically quit and didn't start start once I arrived here. I finally started going last week, (the previous week I had packed a gym bag each day, but was just too lazy to actually go).

It's a pain in the ***, but i'm also working on giving up soda and sweets. hopefully in a couple months I'll be better off. I do know that i'm already starting to feel somewhat better, although my shoulders are still stiff as all.