good work nancy drew!!
:D

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84056

bluedogok
11/27/2006, 11:22 AM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84056

Partial Qualifier
11/27/2006, 11:54 AM
Granted his stock has taken a nose-dive, but ISU?? Seems like he could find a better job than that.

Luthor
11/27/2006, 12:06 PM
Granted his stock has taken a nose-dive, but ISU?? Seems like he could find a better job than that.

I agree on that. I would not have suspected Chizik of taking a Big XII job especially in the tractor belt. It's not like NU doesn't already have the 5 state area pretty well sewed up and Chizik hasn't been in Texas long enough to have built many HS coach contacts. I don't know. Maybe the extra $600K per year was enough in itself. I might have moved for $600K myself.

I'm interested to see who Mack will come up with as his next DC.

arlington
11/27/2006, 07:47 PM
You guys are definitely not thinking "Big picture" here.This is a terrific job for Chizik..He can get his feet wet with his first HC job at a school where you are beloved with an 8-4, Independence Bowl season..The fans are loyal and show up no matter what and the facilities are vastly improved from years past..He has recruiting experience in Florida with Auburn and he has a national "name" factor going for him so if he can do like Ferentz at Iowa and get half his roster from Florida and Texas, it shouldnt be difficult to go 8-4 in the B12 North..Then he can leave for a bigger program..

Blues1
11/27/2006, 08:04 PM
Look at this way -- Who wants the Miami Job...?? - Bama Job could be great or could be a disaster ...?? - Michigan State will always just be Micihgan state a "step sister" in the Big 10 - Looks to me either North Carolina or Iowa State was anybody's best choice ....
Yep 8 and 4 will keep all the Farmers Happy....
Still R'

badger
11/27/2006, 08:06 PM
uh... dewey defeats truman?

tommieharris91
11/27/2006, 08:08 PM
You guys are definitely not thinking "Big picture" here.This is a terrific job for Chizik..He can get his feet wet with his first HC job at a school where you are beloved with an 8-4, Independence Bowl season..The fans are loyal and show up no matter what and the facilities are vastly improved from years past..He has recruiting experience in Florida with Auburn and he has a national "name" factor going for him so if he can do like Ferentz at Iowa and get half his roster from Florida and Texas, it shouldnt be difficult to go 8-4 in the B12 North..Then he can leave for a bigger program..

Sounds like a program down the road...