PDA

View Full Version : To OSU stat guys...

The Maestro
11/27/2006, 10:45 AM
...I think it is safe to say that playing the "we've beaten you the last ___ times in the last ____ years" card is officially over. We've beaten the pokies four straight. Your seniors went four years and never beat OU. Congrats on '01 and '02, but let's move along now. Just say OU owns you at this point and save the pathetic "four out of ten" or whatever it is. Four in a row. You have guys running out of eligibility who've never known a victory over OU (not assuming guys like XXXLK are graduating).

Look on the bright side. It's rasslin' season!

bri
11/27/2006, 10:53 AM
:eddie: THAT'S RIGHT, GOONER! RUN SCARED! YOU KNOW THAT WE'RE 2-0 AGAINST YOUR GOONER ASSES IN THE LAST TWO GAMES WE'VE WON IN THE SERIES!!!! WE OWN YOU!!!! BIG RED SALES!!!!!! GOONERS!!!!!! EDDIE DRANK MY WILD TURKEY AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID RIDE 'EM RAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gandalf_The_Grey
11/27/2006, 11:12 AM
They have won 5 out of the last 12!!!! In 10 years it will be 5 out of the last 22 years!!!

nanimonai
11/27/2006, 11:24 AM
They're pretty much undefeated in moral victories against us and I expect it to stay that way.

soonersam
11/27/2006, 12:35 PM
I disagree Meastro... I like using 78-16-7 and is more powerful then 5 of last 29

Let'em use it if it makes them feel warm and fuzzy..

Partial Qualifier
11/27/2006, 12:38 PM
:eddie: THAT'S RIGHT, GOONER! RUN SCARED! YOU KNOW THAT WE'RE 2-0 AGAINST YOUR GOONER ASSES IN THE LAST TWO GAMES WE'VE WON IN THE SERIES!!!! WE OWN YOU!!!! BIG RED SALES!!!!!! GOONERS!!!!!! EDDIE DRANK MY WILD TURKEY AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID RIDE 'EM RAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EddieDrankMyWildTurkeySpek

sooner518
11/27/2006, 12:42 PM
I got an email from my co-worker telling me that "they are a team on the rise". He also said he is skipping their bowl game this year, but that next year, he will be attending their BCS game....:pop:

soonersam
11/27/2006, 12:47 PM
I got an email from my co-worker telling me that "they are a team on the rise". He also said he is skipping their bowl game this year, but that next year, he will be attending their BCS game....:pop:
By BCS he means praying for Alamo

Paperclip
11/27/2006, 12:51 PM
By BCS he means praying for Alamo

Or more likely, the game in Bryan/College Station

bri
11/27/2006, 01:53 PM

Did you tell him not to worry, that aggy is probably skipping a bowl game this year too?

OKLA21FAN
11/27/2006, 01:56 PM
jebus!

Okie Lite (according to their fans) has been 'a team on the rise' since the mid 70s.

just sayin

BoonesFarmSooner
11/27/2006, 02:53 PM
Let'em use it if it makes them feel warm and fuzzy..

Eddie uses other means to make himself feel warm and fuzzy....

OK2LA
11/27/2006, 03:15 PM
78 out of the last 101 - not a bad stat

Stoop Dawg
11/27/2006, 04:20 PM
I had an ag friend tell me that OSU had "turned the corner" and would dominate football in the state of Oklahoma for the foreseeable future. That was in 1998.

With all this talk about being "on the rise" with the facilities and $$$ Been Pickins is throwing around, let's compare our programs over the last 10 years. I think everyone would agree that OU sank to OSU's level in the 90s, but for some reason OU is again in the National spotlight while okie lite is happy to be bowl eligible.

If OSU was 4 TDs away from being 9-2, then OU was 4 TDs (and a correct call in Oregon) away from being undefeated and playing for the National Championship. Hey! The "what if" game is fun!

OSUAggie
11/27/2006, 04:26 PM
I think OSU is more along the lines of making a play on 4th and 13 (aTm), a refs call (K-State), and a couple of passes being completed (Tech and OU) from being 10-2, while OU is a refs call away from being 11-1.

OSU had the same $hit happen to them this year that has happened to them for the past 100 years. They rarely make a play to win the game. OU makes plays to win games.

Beano's Fourth Chin
11/27/2006, 04:44 PM
Baylor is 0 yards and 0 touchdowns and 0 blown calls away from having the same conference record as OkSU.

Of course you're a team on the rise... Mathematically, you pretty much have to be.

Stoop Dawg
11/27/2006, 04:46 PM
Ouch. That's gonna leave a mark.

OSUAggie
11/27/2006, 04:48 PM
We're on the rise for 10+ years in football and I fear we'll be "young" for 10+ years in basketball... Reality doesn't hurt, it's just pathetic.

dolemitesooner
11/27/2006, 04:56 PM
They're pretty much undefeated in moral victories against us and I expect it to stay that way.
lOL:D

CobraKai
11/27/2006, 05:05 PM
I think OSU is more along the lines of making a play on 4th and 13 (aTm), a refs call (K-State), and a couple of passes being completed (Tech and OU) from being 10-2, while OU is a refs call away from being 11-1.

OSU had the same $hit happen to them this year that has happened to them for the past 100 years. They rarely make a play to win the game. OU makes plays to win games.

Very true. In reality you could argue that OU Basketball is just a few plays away from having a few NCAA titles, but they have none. That is what separates OU Basketball from being an elite program as opposed to a very, very good program...

The Preach Man
11/27/2006, 08:30 PM
They have won 5 out of the last 12!!!! In 10 years it will be 5 out of the last 22 years!!!

The sad part is that they are proud of having a winning percent of 41% over the last 12 years. I dont know about you guys but I would be very upset to have that winning percent over any opponent over the last 12 years.

Cam
11/27/2006, 08:51 PM
Baylor is 0 yards and 0 touchdowns and 0 blown calls away from having the same conference record as OkSU.

Of course you're a team on the rise... Mathematically, you pretty much have to be.
Where's the headshot gif when you need it?

OUswagger
11/27/2006, 09:08 PM
I love this family like atmosphere