PDA

View Full Version : Mac knowledge havers

nmsoonergirl
11/26/2006, 05:34 PM
I flipping hate the Ibook they are making me use at work.
Today my mac issue is that I when I down load things (specifically Palm OS and tivo desktop) they show up on my desktop, but will never actually open (when I click on the desktop icon, it just leads me though the installation process again).
Any idea what the hell this crap machine wants me to do to be able to actually open the programs???? I am very unhappily frustrated.:mad:

SicEmBaylor
11/26/2006, 05:47 PM
Yell at it.

mrowl
11/26/2006, 05:53 PM
tivo isn't supported on mac.

Sooner_Havok
11/26/2006, 05:54 PM
I flipping hate the Ibook they are making me use at work.
Today my mac issue is that I when I down load things (specifically Palm OS and tivo desktop) they show up on my desktop, but will never actually open (when I click on the desktop icon, it just leads me though the installation process again).
Any idea what the hell this crap machine wants me to do to be able to actually open the programs???? I am very unhappily frustrated.:mad:

If it has been installed it is more than likely in your applications folder. Just open your MAC HD and then open the folder that says applications. If it isn't there, try clicking on the magnifying glass in the upper right and typing in the application's name.

nmsoonergirl
11/26/2006, 06:00 PM
If it has been installed it is more than likely in your applications folder. Just open your MAC HD and then open the folder that says applications. If it isn't there, try clicking on the magnifying glass in the upper right and typing in the application's name.

yeah, its in the applications, but then when I click on that, it just takes me
through the installation process again. I've installed them both about fifty times in the past 10 minutes, and can't get either to open.

It's "tivo desktop for mac", so I would assume it is supported by mac. And i've definitely tried yelling at it.

Stupid computers.

mrowl
11/26/2006, 06:02 PM
which version of OS X are you running?

nmsoonergirl
11/26/2006, 06:06 PM

The icon on my desktop is a .dmg file, if that makes a difference.

yermom
11/26/2006, 06:27 PM
the dmg file is just the disk image, once that is mounted, you need to copy whatever result is into the application folder