PDA

View Full Version : The University of Oklahoma Visitors

Pride Baritone
11/26/2006, 12:43 PM
Anyone at the game yesterday knows what this is about. I think the word "Sooners" has been banned from the announcer's vocabulary.

We're the SOONERS! And don't yOU forget it.

tulsaOUfan
11/26/2006, 12:45 PM
why am I not surprised.

AzianSooner
11/26/2006, 12:45 PM
Some of their ancestors were sooners too.

tulsaOUfan
11/26/2006, 12:49 PM
It just kills them that they live in the Sooner state

mrowl
11/26/2006, 12:53 PM
don't they do that to everyone?

"its 3rd down for the visitors!"

Pro Street
11/26/2006, 12:54 PM
FSN was so biased and anti-OU I can't believe they got away with it.

You could tell with every successful play by OU they went wild, even if it was just a 5-yard pass.

tulsaOUfan
11/26/2006, 12:55 PM

"its 3rd down for the visitors!"

probably true. they are a very disrespectful bunch. from the top down.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
11/26/2006, 12:56 PM
They've always done it. They won't announce OU scores when we play others either.

Pride Baritone
11/26/2006, 01:04 PM

"its 3rd down and a looooooooong 2 for the visitors!"

Fixed.

SleestakSooner
11/26/2006, 01:14 PM

You could tell with every successful play by OU they went wild, even if it was just a 5-yard pass.

http://www.cureusdesigns.com/files/d24a.jpg

AFLAC?

OUTrumpet
11/26/2006, 01:18 PM
They do this for every team that comes across.

Was the first time I saw them do the KSU "First down and 10" *woosh*

They won't announce anything negative for the Cowboys, and won't announce anything positive for the "visitors", regardless of who it is.

They're just lame aggies anyway, who gives a flip.

Oldnslo
11/26/2006, 03:10 PM
It's almost as bad as the UCLA announcer.

tulsaOUfan
11/26/2006, 03:29 PM
yeah, it's called disrespect. I can see it and expect it, to a point, in fans. but it's pathetic when they take it all the way to the PA announcer. It says something about the whole organization.

jwlynn64
11/26/2006, 03:40 PM
They knew we were the sooners because when OSU made that long pass to the OU 5 I think it was, the announcer said "Cowboy First Downnnnnnn on the Sooner five yard line!!!!"

The only time I heard them say sooner.

tulsaOUfan
11/26/2006, 03:42 PM
hahaha, I wonder if he'll lose his job over that mistake, lol

Rocker
11/26/2006, 03:45 PM
They knew we were the sooners because when OSU made that long pass to the OU 5 I think it was, the announcer said "Cowboy First Downnnnnnn on the Sooner five yard line!!!!"

The only time I heard them say sooner.

They are flat rude. FuC& them

cofCtuba
11/26/2006, 05:11 PM
Their announcer does that with every team, probably worse about it with Oklahoma though. I went to an osu game with a friend back in 7th grade (10 years ago) and they were playing Louisiana-Lafayette or something and towards the end of the game, everyone started chanting "ou sucks, ou sucks." This was in September, ou game no where close in the schedule. They're aggies, they have a hang-up somethin awful.

Jack T.
11/26/2006, 05:18 PM

If I never hear "Cowboy First Down and Ten" again in my life, I'll consider myself blessed!
http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/wuerg/vomit-smiley-015.gif

Cam
11/26/2006, 08:04 PM
yeah, it's called disrespect. I can see it and expect it, to a point, in fans. but it's pathetic when they take it all the way to the PA announcer. It says something about the whole organization.
Gotta give respect to earn respect. If our announcer pulled that crap, I'd be ****ed. That's bush league.

MamaMia
11/26/2006, 08:54 PM
Each to his own I suppose, but I would be embarrassed and ashamed if the announcer at Owen Field behaved in such a way. :O

Phil
11/26/2006, 08:57 PM
They've always done it. They won't announce OU scores when we play others either.

Unless we're losing or have lost, of course.

Last time up there, they showed stats on the video screen - but only OSU's stats. This time, no stats at all that I saw. Bush league to the nth degree.

auto
11/26/2006, 09:01 PM
the people behind me shook my hand after the game, the guy 3 rows up got pizzed after I turned around and yelled ruuuuuuu after the game. This was in reference to when rufus go blocked on the QB run. He wanted some action, his wife saved him an *** whipping

Oldnslo
11/26/2006, 10:11 PM
What gets me about the whole bush league announcing is that (just as it was with UCLA), it's as if the announcer has to tell the crowd when to cheer.

You know... 3d and loooooong for the visitors! Time to make some noise!

duh.

or 'good for a cowboy..... 1st down!"

for those who can't keep track.

My favorite, though, is "Here Comes Bullitt!"

Because, you know, they aren't aware that the "spirit rider" rides the horse out on scores, and one should cheer the score. And, um, I guess the horse? Yeah. Cheer the horse. Animals dig that.

Another highlight: "Spirit-tron".

HAHAHAHAHAHAHsnortHAHAHAHAHAHA

they named their TV! How... ORANGE.

to the bone!

Oldnslo
11/26/2006, 10:13 PM
And I just can't help but chuckle when they announce the song that their band is playing.

because nobody would recognize it, otherwise. It ain't Merle, y'know.

hehehehehe.

jwlynn64
11/26/2006, 11:07 PM
Just have to say that I didn't meet one rude fan. I yelled my lungs out and the guy in front of me at the end of the game even commented that if he ever needed someone with a loud booming voice, he would look me up but no one ever yelled an insult or rude comment me way.

PA announcer = classless
Aggie Fans Around Me = good people

I may not ever go back to a game there but not because of the people I met but because you can't get a seat at a restaurant after the game without a two hour wait and it takes a hour to drive back to I-35 even 2-1/2 hours after the game ended.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/26/2006, 11:14 PM

according to this board, we don't throw no stinkin' forward passes ;)

OUstudent4life
11/26/2006, 11:20 PM
Seeing their players run out after a cattle gate is pulled open = teh awesome.

You'd think Pickens would pay for a garage door or something.

tulsaOUfan
11/26/2006, 11:22 PM
I may not ever go back to a game there but not because of the people I met but because you can't get a seat at a restaurant after the game without a two hour wait and it takes a hour to drive back to I-35 even 2-1/2 hours after the game ended.
wow, that's even worse than Norman. I didn't think that was possible. I knew there was a reason I've never been to Stoolwater.

OUTromBoNado
11/26/2006, 11:34 PM
Was the first time I saw them do the KSU "First down and 10" *woosh*

At least, Aggy lite fans don't do that stupid Wabash crap. I hate that. Hate is a strong word...but I downright hate KSU fans.

freshchris05
11/26/2006, 11:41 PM
K State and loSuR fans are the worst in the big 12, i cant really say in the nation but they are the worst ive witnessed, its almost embarrassing that football fans can be so classless... nebbish fans are ok, but colorado fans will get you high...

jigglymonkey
11/26/2006, 11:52 PM
The funniest thing i heard was the PA guy saying "Come on cowboy fans, lets rock this place." Then the immediately began the waving the wheat crap. lol

StoopTroup
11/27/2006, 12:06 AM
After Boone dies....

They should start a little chant in his honor...

Call it "The Boondogger"

Come along little doggie come along....

Come along cause Boone bought the farmmmmmm.....

We miss his big pockets so we quit firin' rockets

Come along little doggie....come alongggggg....

As they sing it they can arm embrace each other and sway side to side....

tulsaOUfan
11/27/2006, 12:22 AM
lol

SoonerShark
11/27/2006, 12:42 AM
The style of announcing is more akin to a Class A level high school announcer who hangs out in the coffee shop the day after games. I was at a Class 2A game where the officials ruled there was an interception. It was funny to see the officials' reaction when the announcer stated "the call on the field is interception by the visitors....though the ball did hit the ground before he caught it." The entire zebra staff turned to look at the press box in shock, disbelief and anger.