PDA

View Full Version : More fall out from the Autzen debacle?

SleestakSooner
11/26/2006, 12:32 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=2676080

Updated: Nov. 26, 2006, 1:53 AM ET
Oregon AD Moos to step down for personal reasons

Associated Press

EUGENE, Ore. -- Bill Moos was expected to resign as athletic director at the University of Oregon this week, The Register-Guard newspaper reported Saturday night on its Web site.
Sources close to Moos and in the school's administration confirmed the resignation, citing personal reasons, but refused to offer details, according to the report.
Moos, 55, has been athletic director since 1995, and guided the expansion of Autzen Stadium and the construction of the department's Moshofsky Center.
During his tenure, the budget for athletics at Oregon rose from $18 million to $40 million, and the department has added two new women's sports.
Moos was the 10th athletic director for the university.
A call placed to a spokesman for the athletic department by The Associated Press was not immediately returned Saturday night.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press

Seems suspicious given his success financially and otherwise in that position.

Blues1
11/26/2006, 01:07 PM
Maybe Gordo was right when he said there's more to story he Can't talk about...?? --- Was he told what to do...??? -By Some Higher Up..??

This maybe just the Begining.....

yermom
11/26/2006, 01:13 PM
or he's really old or something?

maybe Nike is hiring him :D

if this is because of something Gordo has to say, that would be nuts

bluedogok
11/26/2006, 01:20 PM
maybe Nike is hiring him :D
...or maybe Nike is "firing" him.......

It wouldn't be the first time that a big booster had someone fired, and everyone pretty much knows that Knight runs the Oregon Athletic Department. They were hoping to compete for a MNC and they can't even beat their in-state rival.

TUSooner
11/26/2006, 01:21 PM
Bill Moos was on the grassy knoll.

Widescreen
11/26/2006, 01:22 PM
I think maybe we're giving ourselves too much credit. I'm pretty sure that there are things that go on at UO that have nothing to do with our game with them earlier this year - as hard as that is to believe.

tulsaOUfan
11/26/2006, 01:25 PM
I think maybe we're giving ourselves too much credit. I'm pretty sure that there are things that go on at UO that have nothing to do with our game with them earlier this year - as hard as that is to believe.
I agree. It's very unlikely that it has anything to do with the OU game.

Blues1
11/26/2006, 01:30 PM
I agree. It's very unlikely that it has anything to do with the OU game.

After this year in College Football "unlikely" is more like Likely ---- :)

yermom
11/26/2006, 01:52 PM
sorry Howzit i didn't notice his age when i read it the first time

blackbeauty02
11/26/2006, 03:10 PM
if i do remember correctly wasn't OU forced to change some of their wins to losses during Switzers tenure for something illegal he was doing? or was it just some game suspensions? i read about it recently.

OU Adonis
11/26/2006, 03:48 PM
We had to forfeit games because of an inelligible player back in the 70s. A kid used fake transcripts to get to OU.