PDA

View Full Version : Recruit Question

Katy's Most Wanted
11/26/2006, 12:21 PM
Sorry, as this should be reserved for the recruiting thread but all the activity is here and i would like some info on the Pearland Texas QB, Sam Proctor. My Katy Cinco Ranch Cougars are playing them this Sat in the 5A Div 1 semifinal game and i see that he is looking at the Sooners.
Anybody got any clips etc......????
Thanks

The Consumate Showman
11/26/2006, 12:49 PM
I can go find a clip later today and try to get it on for you, but I know that Sam is probably going to end up in College Station. We are looking a lot harder at Gerald Jones at this point and would probably go for Ryan Broyles as well since Travis Lewis went to Nebbish.

Stooper
11/26/2006, 04:58 PM
Hey Showman, Is there any truth to the possibility of LSU backup Matt Flynn coming to OU next year.

Katy's Most Wanted
11/26/2006, 06:05 PM
My brethern come through again.
Thanks
Go Cougars Saturday Afternoon;
Go Sooners Saturday Night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frozen Sooner
11/26/2006, 06:07 PM
Hey Showman, Is there any truth to the possibility of LSU backup Matt Flynn coming to OU next year.

I ain't Showman, but it's going to depend very heavily on whether Russell goes out for the draft or not.

swardboy
11/26/2006, 06:25 PM
Hey Mike, hate to be a thread stealer, but is that Phillip Rivers in your avatar? My son played against him in high school, and it's been a hoot to see him do so well at San Diego.

Jason White's Third Knee
11/26/2006, 06:29 PM
What's this I hear about us trying to recruit some kid away from Michigan State? Should be easy.

Frozen Sooner
11/26/2006, 07:19 PM
Hey Mike, hate to be a thread stealer, but is that Phillip Rivers in your avatar? My son played against him in high school, and it's been a hoot to see him do so well at San Diego.

Yep, that's Phillip Rivers listening to the rapidly-emptying crowd at Mile High. :D

Frozen Sooner
11/26/2006, 07:20 PM
What's this I hear about us trying to recruit some kid away from Michigan State? Should be easy.

Well, think about it this way:

If you were enough of a Sparty to want to play at MSU when John LLLLLL was still there, wouldn't you DEFINITELY want to play there now that he's gone?

;)

Keith Nichol is who you're thinking of, and I think we'll get a visit from him.

Jason White's Third Knee
11/26/2006, 07:24 PM
Michigan State quarterback commitment Keith Nichol and his family will host Bob Stoops and Oklahoma quarterbacks coach Josh Heupel for an in-home visit the Monday after Thanksgiving weekend. Click through to find out if Nichol and his family will take an official visit to Norman.

Found him.

soonerboomer93
11/26/2006, 08:09 PM
Yep, that's Phillip Rivers listening to the rapidly-emptying crowd at Mile High. :D

don't make me neg you, bastage :mad:

sooneron
11/26/2006, 09:31 PM
Any news down there in the Katy area about Stratford's qb -Luck. His dad played for the Oilers. He's a jr. but my dad claims that he's a stud.

trwxxa
11/26/2006, 10:06 PM
Any news down there in the Katy area about Stratford's qb -Luck. His dad played for the Oilers. He's a jr. but my dad claims that he's a stud.
Andrew Luck. Goes about 6'3", 205

He threw for almost 3,000 yards this year with something like 30 TDs and 6 INTs. To say he is getting alot of attention is an understatement. He's smart enough to get into any school he wishes. I wouldn't be surprised to see him commit early next year.

bixby28
11/26/2006, 10:10 PM
OU needs to sign a QB. I don't know what the problem has been with the QB recruits.

noobalicious
11/26/2006, 10:17 PM
Michigan State quarterback commitment Keith Nichol and his family will host Bob Stoops and Oklahoma quarterbacks coach Josh Heupel for an in-home visit the Monday after Thanksgiving weekend. Click through to find out if Nichol and his family will take an official visit to Norman.

That falls under the category of "You Know You're Good When..."

Taking a visit out there tomorrow, BEFORE the Big 12 championship. That's huge. Hopefully Stoops can woo him over here. OU has to be much more appealing than Mich St. Plus he'll have an opportunity to start right away. #5 QB prospect according to Rivals.com and rated as an eventual solid pro prospect. Wow.

sooneron
11/26/2006, 10:23 PM
Andrew Luck. Goes about 6'3", 205

He threw for almost 3,000 yards this year with something like 30 TDs and 6 INTs. To say he is getting alot of attention is an understatement. He's smart enough to get into any school he wishes. I wouldn't be surprised to see him commit early next year.
Thanks!:D

Collier11
11/26/2006, 10:31 PM
Hey showman or anyone else who follows recruiting closely??? Have you guys heard anything new from Stephen Garcia or Christian Scott, I see that scott has osu in his top two now and garcia said we are #2 probably but anything besides that???

Frozen Sooner
11/26/2006, 10:37 PM
I'd be surprised if Garcia doesn't wind up with South Carolina. He's had them #1 for an awfully long time and Spurrier has really recruited him hard.

trwxxa
11/26/2006, 10:41 PM
Sorry, as this should be reserved for the recruiting thread but all the activity is here and i would like some info on the Pearland Texas QB, Sam Proctor. My Katy Cinco Ranch Cougars are playing them this Sat in the 5A Div 1 semifinal game and i see that he is looking at the Sooners.
Anybody got any clips etc......????
Thanks

I don't know alot about Pearland but I think they run some form of the"zone read" offense and they mainly run the ball. The Sooners may be looking at Proctor for another position.

Widescreen
11/26/2006, 11:18 PM
Well, our last QB prospect from Pearland worked out well, didn't it?

Trevahoma
11/27/2006, 02:58 AM
I saw Andrew Luck play Saturday, and he was the only reason Stratford was in the game against Cy-Falls. He is unreal. Pure talent. Puts the ball right on the money. Good composure. Stays in the pocket until it collapses and is very elusive. Isn't blazing but definitely fast enough and probably had 80 yards rushing. He also had close to 300 yards passing to receivers who couldn't make my intramural team. I wanted to call Stoops right away to give this guy a look...

Fraggle145
11/27/2006, 09:59 AM
Mich St just hired the coach from cincy... how does this affect our position with the Nichol kid?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2677122

trwxxa
11/27/2006, 10:21 AM
Well, our last QB prospect from Pearland worked out well, didn't it?

maybe for Sam Houston St :D

caphorns
11/27/2006, 10:55 AM
Fellow Cinco Ranch resident (although zoned to Seven Lakes). Good to see the Cougs getting a win in the playoffs. Still hate the Aggy-like uniforms.

With Pearland, you have to worry with Texas recruit Fozzy Whittaker, probably more than Proctor. Kid ran for about 400 yards in the first game of the playoffs.

TheHumanAlphabet
11/27/2006, 11:01 AM
So I take it that Halzle (or whatever) is a bust?