PDA

View Full Version : Paul Thompson interview

booomer
11/26/2006, 10:23 AM
An interview with Thompson after the game.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LxjYCc46b68

Paul sure is handsome and well-spoken......and don't let that freak you out......I'm female! :D

jk the sooner fan
11/26/2006, 10:32 AM
what a classy rep for the University

Wishboned
11/26/2006, 10:47 AM
I remember watching him his freshman year when he was the backup after Jason got hurt and thinking how young he looked.

He has matured very well as both a player and more importantly a person.

OKC-SLC
11/26/2006, 10:48 AM
if we win against NU, i don't care if PT throws 5 picks. he needs to be MVP as a statement to his career.

instigator
11/26/2006, 11:36 AM
I LOVE that we have that guy.

I would wish him success in everything he does, but he doesn't need it. A guy like that will be successful in anything he does.

1stTimeCaller
11/26/2006, 11:46 AM
yep. If I ever have kids I hope they are at least half the person that Paul is.

Scotty
11/26/2006, 02:24 PM
http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/6627/ptfanspg4.jpg

Widescreen
11/26/2006, 03:02 PM
Compare that with VY. I'd like to see what PT's Wunderlich score would be.

tulsaOUfan
11/26/2006, 03:31 PM
wow, what a class act if I've ever seen one

jk the sooner fan
11/26/2006, 03:33 PM
yep. If I ever have kids I hope they are at least half the person that Paul is.

man yer gonna have some short kids.....

tulsaOUfan
11/26/2006, 03:35 PM
lol

sanantoniosooner
11/26/2006, 03:38 PM
PT would make a bad internet poster though.

He used the B-word.;)

tulsaOUfan
11/26/2006, 03:40 PM
lol, again

BoomerSooner247
11/26/2006, 03:46 PM
good job PT, well spoken, you can tell he a good leader.

FaninAma
11/26/2006, 03:47 PM
Too bad that after all PT's done for this progrm that Stoops and wilson still don't trust him to make a play at the end of a close game.

I think the guy's earned some trust from the coaches but both in the TAMU and osu games the coaching staff, IMO haven't shown any in him at the ends of these games.

tulsaOUfan
11/26/2006, 03:51 PM
Too bad that after all PT's done for this progrm that Stoops and wilson still don't trust him to make a play at the end of a close game.

I think the guy's earned some trust from the coaches but both in the TAMU and osu games the coaching staff, IMO haven't shown any in him at the ends of these games.
I wouldn't go so far as to say they don't trust him to make a play. I think after 9 turnovers in the last two games, they were gun shy and didn't want to risk handing them the game.

FaninAma
11/26/2006, 03:55 PM
I wouldn't go so far as to say they don't trust him to make a play. I think after 9 turnovers in the last two games, they were gun shy and didn't want to risk handing them the game.

And I think most of those turnovers were in the running game and on kick returns, not the passing game.

Jason White's Third Knee
11/26/2006, 03:56 PM
I got one question. Who is Hakim Iglesias? That talking head is an idiot. "Take a receiver and make him a quarterback." Oof.

tulsaOUfan
11/26/2006, 03:58 PM
And I think most of those turnovers were in the running game and on kick returns, not the passing game.
the point I was trying to make wasn't so much WHO made the turnovers, it's just that 9 TOs in two games would make any set of coaches a little gun shy, and in this point in the game they knew that just ONE mistake would very likely cost OU the game. I wanted them to open it up more too, I can just see it from their point of view too.

cvsooner
11/26/2006, 03:58 PM

Absolutely. Paul has played brilliantly imho, especially considering the circumstances. He reminds me of Dave Robertson in 1972, a much unheralded qb who happened to go 11-1 and beat Penn State in the Sugar Bowl.

I don't have vote for the Heisman, but Paul would get my vote, for sure.

Maybe we need a new trophy. We'll call it the HeIStheman. Paul Thompson is the winner, in my book.

FaninAma
11/26/2006, 04:04 PM
the point I was trying to make wasn't so much WHO made the turnovers, it's just that 9 TOs in two games would make any set of coaches a little gun shy, and in this point in the game they knew that just ONE mistake would very likely cost OU the game. I wanted them to open it up more too, I can just see it from their point of view too.

So what you're saying is that the coaching staff trusted the ball in the hands of the fumbling RB's more than in PT's hands. I see your point.

tulsaOUfan
11/26/2006, 04:11 PM
So what you're saying is that the coaching staff trusted the ball in the hands of the fumbling RB's more than in PT's hands. I see your point.
although both have TO risks, it's always more of a TO risk to pass than to run, especially safe running plays. and PT has thrown INTs lately too, we mustn't forget that too.

I don't think the conservative play calling was a personal attack on PT by the coaches. they were playing the percentages, that's all. they weren't showing their lack of confidence in PT.

GottaHavePride
11/26/2006, 04:52 PM
I got one question. Who is Hakim Iglesias?

To be fair, Joaquin IS supposed to be pronounced "hwa-keen".

Jason White's Third Knee
11/26/2006, 04:55 PM

Ha-keem
Hwa-keen

Ig-lay-see-us
In-glay-sus

GottaHavePride
11/26/2006, 05:00 PM
Heh. I didn't hear it myself, so I was just pointing out that it was at least vaguely close... ;)

Oh, and FWIW, PT has a bit of the Michael Jordan look going.

gnostic19
11/26/2006, 05:09 PM
I saw an interview with his pops last season during a game, i believe. It stuck with me...the genuineness(word?) and sincerity of the guy. He didn't bandwagon on his son's abilities, but said that he told Paul to compete hard for the qb position and that, irregardless of superficial influences, Stoops would select the best guy for the starting job.
Therein lies some of what makes Paul the guy he is.

SleestakSooner
11/26/2006, 05:17 PM

Frog in yer throat? :D