PDA

View Full Version : Is The Single Wing is coming back...??

Blues1
11/26/2006, 10:16 AM
Arkansas -Fla State - (and Somebody else..?? - I forget ) all using a direct snap to a running back more and more...Call it the wild cat formation or whatever it's basic Single Wing....

A direct snap to AD or AP or CB ----with two or three tight ends blocking....

Might not hurt to experiment little - Just in case we don't get that "all everything" QB next year...???

Just Thinking out loud.... :eek:

Ash
11/26/2006, 11:11 AM
we can mix it up with by bringing back the "flying V" wedge

Blues1
11/26/2006, 11:20 AM
we can mix it up with by bringing back the "flying V" wedge

Just keep watching College Football you are going to see more "Direct Snaps" to super fast Running Backs - Will it be the main formation 'NO" - but you will see more and more RB's using their talent in many different ways....

Keep R'

Ash
11/26/2006, 11:57 AM
heh...don't worry Blues, I'll keep watching football.

Ash
11/26/2006, 12:09 PM
ps I wasn't trying to shoot you down, just forgot to use the winkies.

TUSooner
11/26/2006, 12:14 PM
Arkansas -Fla State - (and Somebody else..?? - I forget ) all using a direct snap to a running back more and more...Call it the wild cat formation or whatever it's basic Single Wing....

A direct snap to AD or AP or CB ----with two or three tight ends blocking....

Might not hurt to experiment little - Just in case we don't get that "all everything" QB next year...???

Just Thinking out loud.... :eek:

I don't see us ever using it, but it is pretty cool. Imagine a backfield where you had 2 or 3 guys who were legitimate threats running and passing. That's the kind of offense I plan to install as soon as I get the call to be a head coach. :rolleyes:

Blues1
11/26/2006, 12:32 PM
ps I wasn't trying to shoot you down, just forgot to use the winkies.

No Problem -- I know IF some Long horn came on here giving me crap a lot You guys who put up with my crazy ideas and wild posts would Back me up....
I've seen it happen..... So what WE do here is all our stuff - So not worried about any shoot downs ---- Keep Rockin' --- :)

Ash
11/26/2006, 12:36 PM
I've thought about crazy stuff we could have thrown in, too.

Like lining up PT as a slot or wing and running an option to him where he can pull up and throw the ball or keep it.

Meh, mebbe it's better to leave that kind of stuff to the video games.

OUTromBoNado
11/27/2006, 12:10 AM
Ninja formation FTW!

Fraggle145
11/27/2006, 03:32 AM
Ninja formation FTW!

Dammit you beat me to it...

snp
11/27/2006, 03:40 AM
As long as we're talking wild formations, I love the swinging gate on offense.

Rogue
11/27/2006, 06:56 AM
The Split T

swardboy
11/27/2006, 11:37 AM
I just think a split-T backfield with any two great OU running backs in it would cause most opponents to have a bowel movement....

FourKings
11/27/2006, 11:39 AM
Arkansas......killed me, can they NOT throw a dam pass downfield????

Played against swinging gate in high school, not as tough as a good option team, but pretty cool to watch when its working tho!
Saw a QB go for 150 first half, right up the middle of the field, defense ended up with two guys lined up over center because the QB would fly past the NG, and he was lined up 5 yards deep, it was way over after they did that, started hitting quick slants, and WR screens, broke big with serious speed, the defense just quit....never seen anything quite like it.