PDA

View Full Version : Pete Carroll & USC

tbl
11/26/2006, 01:30 AM
They are a force to be reckoned with for some time. Say what you will, but you cannot deny that guy is a stud in the coaching and recruiting department. If he goes the way of Bowden and sticks with USC for many more years, they're going to be a top ranked team and are going to end up with some more NC's. Hopefully we'll get a chance to rematch them soon. Somebody said we played them recently, but I have no recollection of said game.

SoonerDood
11/26/2006, 01:31 AM
sad, but true.

WASOONERFAN
11/26/2006, 01:34 AM
The guys a goober and I can't wait for the next Oregon state to come along and knock him down. Besides I figure he's waiting for the right job at the next level.

FaninAma
11/26/2006, 01:37 AM
It might help if the NCAA placed SCUm under some sort of a salary cap.

tbl
11/26/2006, 01:38 AM
He's already had the right job at the next level and he couldn't get it done. I just don't see this guy leaving for the pro's, and therefore I don't see him leaving USC either. Just b/c they lost to the Beavers means nothing. Stoops has lost to people with less talent, but he's still a great coach.

Frozen Sooner
11/26/2006, 01:42 AM
They are a force to be reckoned with for some time. Say what you will, but you cannot deny that guy is a stud in the coaching and recruiting department. If he goes the way of Bowden and sticks with USC for many more years, they're going to be a top ranked team and are going to end up with some more NC's. Hopefully we'll get a chance to rematch them soon. Somebody said we played them recently, but I have no recollection of said game.

He's a good coach, no doubt-but you never know. College football is a strange game. A while back it didn't look like Ohio State would ever beat Michigan again-and all of a sudden they're riding a win streak and are the top team in the conference. We all thought that Coker was going to win a bunch of national titles and it all fell apart.

Carroll is going to take another stab at the NFL one of these days. Someone's going to throw more money at him than he can afford to turn down.

SOONER44EVER
11/26/2006, 01:43 AM
They still shouldn't be in the championship game.

tbl
11/26/2006, 01:55 AM
That is one good thing about college. There's always room for people to come knock you off. I'm not saying he'll be in the NC game every year, but he's done a pretty decent job of doing that so far. Here's to a UCLA upset.

Chuck Bao
11/26/2006, 02:12 AM
I hope they do well enough to get the penalties they deserve. Maybe a bid at another championship game will get enough jealousy in NCAA to get after the apparent infractions and the loss of institutional control that they and pete carroll deserve.

Who they gots on your sidelines walk of fame?
Hollywood? Movie star? Agent? Wannabe agent? Lawyer? OJ book agent?

sooners00
11/26/2006, 04:15 AM
USC is a machine right now.

There is no stopping the monster.

When you can get any recruit you want and you pick all the right guys all the time nobody is going to beat you.

They have seriously ran a monopoly on college football recruiting.

They will be playing for titles year in year out for AT LEAST the next 4 years and if they keep going to national titles it could go on for years and years.

USC is a force right now.

Hell their football team was so good they got the best basketball player in the nation to go play basketball there.

gnostic19
11/26/2006, 04:22 AM
It's amazing the kids that, from around the country, want to play for the sap.

TheHumanAlphabet
11/26/2006, 04:27 AM
I was telling the Mrs. the same thing around 4th quarter. I think I used Miami, but same deal, they are a machine and will continue to pump away until some thing acts on it negatively...

hack
11/26/2006, 05:37 AM

you get to play in sunny southern california on a football squad that has rock star status right now. and even if you don't intend on having a professional career, USC is pretty nice school.

the only problem is that it's in LA and it's an absolute zoo off-campus.

but other than that, yah, i can see why kids would want to go there.

Jerk
11/26/2006, 07:40 AM
I hate that john kerry look-a-like fairy.

I want vengaence in a bad way.

soonersweetie
11/26/2006, 02:36 PM
I hate usc. And living out here in So Cal makes it ten times worse. Their fans are so, fickle and could really care less about the game. If usc ever goes on a 2-3 game losing streak, all those fans you see in the stands will be at at the nightclubs and beach,etc. They only show up if they win. That's pathetic

Soonermagik
11/26/2006, 02:46 PM
They remind me of us with a better offense. Coach Stoops too looked unstopable then all of the sudden lost back to back title games. Hmm. Carrol lost last year, and this year he faces a great Ohio State team.

Mark it down SC loses its second title game in a row!!!! Pete Carrol is just as good as Stoops, but Ohio State has their #. Not only that, but they also lose Jarret, Steve Smith, and several other starters for next year. Not hating because the guy is great, but they are far from unbeatable i.e. see last years title game :)

Blues1
11/26/2006, 02:52 PM
I hate usc. And living out here in So Cal makes it ten times worse. Their fans are so, fickle and could really care less about the game. If usc ever goes on a 2-3 game losing streak, all those fans you see in the stands will be at at the nightclubs and beach,etc. They only show up if they win. That's pathetic

Ture - True - True -- from a former North County resident area Carlsbad....

To the night clubs they will go.......or to the street to make more trouble....Even IF usc goes down in their Bowl - and If you live in LA - Best to Stay inside with your "Hardware" close at hand ---- Get my Point.... :)
JMHO...!!!

R'

SoonerJLB
11/26/2006, 03:03 PM
The Trojans will be good for some time. Not only can they cherry pick top recruits in CA but have done quite well in their national recruiting.

blackbeauty02
11/26/2006, 03:06 PM
yea that ****es me off that even after leinart and bush left his team is still on top. but still have to give him kudo's

FaninAma
11/26/2006, 03:37 PM
USC is a renegade program. The head coach and coaching staff hide their heads in the sand claiming they had no knowledge of boosters subsidizing housing and agents buying players' parents houses. And these are just the cases which have come to light.

If USC doesn't get hammered for lack of institutional control then the NCAA is a fraud, which it is.

Pete Carrol runs a vey crooked program. Miami had a renegade program and it finally biting them in the *** albeit a decade late.

If Carrol suddenly takes a pro job this off season it will because he knows the NCAA is about to hammer his program.

Soonerman08
11/26/2006, 04:50 PM
USC is a renegade program. The head coach and coaching staff hide their heads in the sand claiming they had no knowledge of boosters subsidizing housing and agents buying players' parents houses. And these are just the cases which have come to light.

If USC doesn't get hammered for lack of institutional control then the NCAA is a fraud, which it is.

Pete Carrol runs a vey crooked program. Miami had a renegade program and it finally biting them in the *** albeit a decade late.

If Carrol suddenly takes a pro job this off season it will because he knows the NCAA is about to hammer his program.

I'll be the first and most certainly not the last to say this. I believe USC is overrated. First off who have they played? Arkansas you say? Well Arkansas was a team that only got better with time. Notre Dame has no freaking defense!!! Notre Dame hasn't played anybody for that matter! They played Michigan and got hammered. USC got beat by an unranked opponent, yet Florida on the other hand lost to a ranked team on the road in a tougher conference. You tell me how USC is #2? USC is good don't get me wrong but not #2 caliber. How about them continuing to get first downs throwing the ball with a minute left on the clock, and yet there is no criticism for Carrol by the media. I hate USC.

tulsaoilerfan
11/26/2006, 04:59 PM
It might help if the NCAA placed SCUm under some sort of a salary cap.
Agreed, and i still don't see how they are not on probation with the 2 major rules violations that have come out so far, and i'm sure there are many more where those came from:mad:

tulsaoilerfan
11/26/2006, 05:00 PM
Let's see, you have perfect weather, hot women everywhere at your disposal, and the best houses for your parents; what kid wouldn't want to play there?:D

goingoneight
11/26/2006, 05:12 PM
SUC has so many good player and coaching advantages, but they also have the "it" factor... Meaning, things generally work out so they can fall in sh*t, and come out smelling like roses. Like the illegal "Bush Push," the Orange Bowl where their oppenents forgot to show up, the media love, the poll voter love. FSU had it, we had it (minimally)... when you're hot, you're hot. I agree that no one is invincible to bad karma, especially back-to-back title losses. Lose by one point to tOSU, their recruiting takes a stinger. Problem is, tOSU becomes the next big thing. You can't really win with "it" unless you are the one who's got "it," know what I mean???

westcoast_sooner
11/26/2006, 05:38 PM
I wasn't sure where I was going to post this, but this thread seems as good a place as any. I was at the ND/SUC game last night. I thought that the Trojans were better coached, and were better prepared for that game than the Notre Dame team. Carroll has taken highly touted kids who could have come in with attitudes, and he has blended them into a formidable team. To that, he should be commended. His players hustle on and off the field, and all work together to win. They stopped Notre Dame, even when they had opportunities or turnovers.

Before the season, I felt that there was no way that they could lose the likes of Leinart, Bush and White without some drop off. But I watched them put on a show last night, and even though I still despise them, I think they'll continue to be good for a long time.

Look at the talent that they have, and the talent they have committed for next season. I think that they'll be able to take that talent and mold them into some really really good teams for awhile.

The only thing I see derailing them is if Carroll decides he wants to go back to the NFL for another shot. If I'm him, I'm not sure why I'd do that. I'm already making a ton of cash running a successful college program close to Hollywood. Life is good.

I do think that if they get into the championship game against tOSU, that Troy Smith and company will be able to take them.