PDA

View Full Version : Good Game Guys

poke4christ
11/25/2006, 10:06 PM
I was at the game tonight, and I'd personally like to thank all those who showed up. It was a great game to watch and I wish you the best of luck in the Championship game. Way to stick it to Texas :D.

Also, I was very impressed by the overall nature of ****** this year. I saw so many opposing fans sitting and talking together. Lots of kind words. My seat was even at the OU Band/OSU student section break. There weren't all that many bad words, no fights, and the band directer quited a boomer sooner chant that was going on during our alma-mater.

After the game I talked to several kind OU fans who had nothing but praise for the stadium, the atmosphere, and our team. Overall, I give the fans I came into contact with a round of applause. Great ****** guys. God Bless and again, best of luck against Nebraska.

Zach

Flagstaffsooner
11/25/2006, 10:11 PM
Thank you, Sir. You are a class act.

Ardmore_Sooner
11/25/2006, 10:17 PM
Why can't all college football fans be like you? Thank you very much for your words. Besides getting cussed out by one fan and listening to some students, everyone was extremely friendly.

MichelleDawn
11/25/2006, 10:22 PM
Thanks Zach

DarrellZero
11/25/2006, 10:23 PM
PFC,

Congrats to your team. You guys brought it today.

Jerk
11/25/2006, 10:24 PM
spek to you, friend.

soonermeteor
11/25/2006, 10:24 PM
Cowboys had the sooners scared till the final seconds, good game. :D

StoopTroup
11/25/2006, 10:27 PM
Gundy is a good Coach...

And your a good Fan Zach.

bigdsooner
11/25/2006, 10:31 PM
thanks zach, good luck to ya

11/25/2006, 10:37 PM
Folks, you aren't going to find a nicer fan.

orangekaje
11/25/2006, 10:46 PM
Yup great game, sooners. I wasn't much into the game today as I've been sick all weekend :(. Sitting in the student section is pretty annoying as I have to hear the students constantly tell your band to shut up and I want to tell them to shut it. Wasn't too upset at the loss as there are signs of us improving greatly over last year, but was more confused over some of our coaching staff's decisions.

Didn't speak with any sooners at the game, but as me and my girlfriend were stuck in traffic, I let a car with OU decals pull out in front of us and my gf goes "Oh great. You just let an OU fan in." to which I replied "Who cares?!" I think hanging out on this board is making me a little too friendly with you guys. :P

11/25/2006, 10:54 PM
Clearly, we're going to need a photo.

SoonerGOP
11/25/2006, 10:58 PM
Holy crap, this is completely not what I expected. If their fans had taken this attitude when we were going through the John Blake years, I may not have developed this uber-hatred of ALL things orange, not just burnt orange.

Class act, Zach, many of us could learn from it.

JohnnyMack
11/25/2006, 11:00 PM
I still say screw 'em.

:D

GottaHavePride
11/25/2006, 11:03 PM
I was at the game tonight, and I'd personally like to thank all those who showed up. It was a great game to watch and I wish you the best of luck in the Championship game. Way to stick it to Texas :D.

Also, I was very impressed by the overall nature of ****** this year. I saw so many opposing fans sitting and talking together. Lots of kind words. My seat was even at the OU Band/OSU student section break. There weren't all that many bad words, no fights, and the band directer quited a boomer sooner chant that was going on during our alma-mater.

After the game I talked to several kind OU fans who had nothing but praise for the stadium, the atmosphere, and our team. Overall, I give the fans I came into contact with a round of applause. Great ****** guys. God Bless and again, best of luck against Nebraska.

Zach

You're on my "ok" list now.

All the orange-wearing ****ers that tried to throw goalposts on me and the rest of The Pride back in 2002? Still on my **** list. ;)

OklahomaTuba
11/25/2006, 11:19 PM
You're on my "ok" list now.

All the orange-wearing ****ers that tried to throw goalposts on me and the rest of The Pride back in 2002? Still on my **** list. ;)

They actually did throw the goal post on us in 1998. Then, they picked it up and threw it up over the north side of the stadium.

OklahomaTuba
11/25/2006, 11:25 PM

Zach

Thanks man. Good luck in your bowl, no doubt you will be in one this year, and you all deserve it I think.

As for the stadium, its good for Oklahoma's image to have BPS look good, and not like it did. I can tell Pickens is really excited and proud, and he should be.

GottaHavePride
11/25/2006, 11:28 PM
They actually did throw the goal post on us in 1998. Then, they picked it up and threw it up over the north side of the stadium.

Heh. That's why I said "tried". ;) They headed straight for us but wandered off when it became apparent that people with large metal objects were ready to throw down.

josh09
11/25/2006, 11:35 PM

Zach

True, an outstanding game. But why is it that every time we come to stillwater, the game comes down to the last play? It really kills me. I think im about 10 years older than i was this morning.

tbl
11/25/2006, 11:43 PM
I think there are many fans on both sides of the ball that could learn a little from him. I've seen threads popping up tonight that make us look pretty stupid.

MamaMia
11/26/2006, 12:10 AM
Thank you for the kind words.Your team played us hard. I was impressed.

signed:"The Visitors" ;)

SoonerDood
11/26/2006, 01:04 AM
They actually did throw the goal post on us in 1998.
Gave my future Brother-in-Law a concussion.:mad:

StoopTroup
11/26/2006, 01:05 AM
Thank you for the kind words.Your team played us hard. I was impressed.

signed:"The Visitors" ;)
Did they try to scalp you today? ;)

Glad your trip was successful!

MamaMia
11/26/2006, 02:09 AM
Did they try to scalp you today? ;)

Glad your trip was successful!Thanks. Me too. As we all are, I'm very proud of the Sooners and ever so grateful for the win. I felt fortunate to be in the Sooner section, but I did get scalped for parking. We arrived about an hour before kickoff. The closest place we could find was well over a half mile away, for $20.00 a space. I know the walk did me good, but that was a pretty penny to pay for forced exercise. :D

orangekaje
11/26/2006, 02:20 AM
We arrived about an hour before kickoff. The closest place we could find was well over a half mile away, for $20.00 a space.

Dang..that's highway robbery.

poke4christ
11/26/2006, 02:22 AM
Thanks to you all for your kind returns.

Any impressions on BPS? I'd like to hear how it compares to other stadiums you guys have visited. What needs work, what impressed.

Zach

BoomerSooner247
11/26/2006, 03:13 AM
thanks for having classiness and coming here respectfully. it was a very good game. and btw...

class...

Zachno class...

You classless dickheads ought to learn to win with some class. Grow up and quit acting like you are on the playground and show some respect for a worthy opponent that gave us all we could handle today.

That is all. Class dismissed.

shall i repeat or do we all get it?

Fraggle145
11/26/2006, 05:12 AM

Zach

I'll admit I am not always the classiest fan... I get way too caught up in it all... You all still suck and I cant bring myself to say otherwise, I cant stand OSU (at all!), but you are a class act.

Good on you Zach for being a bigger man than me.

David Earl
11/26/2006, 08:55 AM
Thanks to you all for your kind returns.

Any impressions on BPS? I'd like to hear how it compares to other stadiums you guys have visited. What needs work, what impressed.

Zach

Zach, I wasn't at the game. However, I visited BPS recently. We were having supper with friends in Stillwater, big Poke fans, and they showed us the new construction.

Getting all the old metal cleaned out was the first big impression I saw. The brickwork added to that makes the stadium look like a real college field. Really nice... Having it bowled in will be great for OSU. If the fans will come, it can be a noisy place with the bowl shape.

stoopified
11/26/2006, 09:16 AM
Clearly, we're going to need a photo.STOP IT! I'm getting all misty.

jk the sooner fan
12/4/2006, 07:29 PM

Zach

except for the part where you posted that you hoped NU would beat us on your own board.... :rolleyes:

birddog
12/4/2006, 07:36 PM
except for the part where you posted that you hoped NU would beat us on your own board.... :rolleyes:

i wasn't so sure that was going to get noticed.

that's some fine sleuthin'.

jk the sooner fan
12/4/2006, 07:38 PM
posted that he hates OU......which is fine, its a mutual thing, but please....save the "we just lost to OU again" post game congrats to yourself

StoopTroup
12/4/2006, 09:25 PM
Yeah JK, I saw that too.

I about called it out when I saw it but Zach is so classy when he's over here that I decided to outclass him by letting it go.

He was just trying to fit in with the "others".

:pop:

jk the sooner fan
12/4/2006, 09:52 PM
yeah i'm not what you'd call classy.......and i like calling BS when i see it

sooneron
12/4/2006, 09:56 PM
yeah i'm not what you'd call classy.......and i like calling BS when i see it
Same here. Make that, calling it two faced bull**** artist.

KABOOKIE
12/4/2006, 10:33 PM
thanks for having classiness and coming here respectfully. it was a very good game. and btw...

class...
no class...

shall i repeat or do we all get it?

Errrr.....How about

NO CLASS and TWO FACED NO CLASS?

Texas Golfer
12/4/2006, 11:05 PM
I was at the game tonight, and I'd personally like to thank all those who showed up. It was a great game to watch and I wish you the best of luck in the Championship game. Way to stick it to Texas .

Zach

Thanks, Zack. Good luck in your bowl game.

Yup great game, sooners. I wasn't much into the game today as I've been sick all weekend :(. Sitting in the student section is pretty annoying as I have to hear the students constantly tell your band to shut up and I want to tell them to shut it. Wasn't too upset at the loss as there are signs of us improving greatly over last year, but was more confused over some of our coaching staff's decisions.

I hope you're feeling better today.

Mixer!
12/5/2006, 12:47 AM
http://img10.imagepile.net/img10/844bobby.jpg

SicEmBaylor
12/5/2006, 12:51 AM
This is why you don't use the same name across multiple fan sites. :D

Texas Golfer
12/5/2006, 01:01 AM
This is why you don't use the same name across multiple fan sites. :D

I use the same name on every site. I don't care.

Piware
12/5/2006, 01:10 AM

TGolfer - I completely agree. I am who I am and if they don't like it they can kiss my crimson behind. Really don't like the hypocrites that post the sugary stuff on our board then go back to their own cohorts spouting the "We hate the gooners stuff".

My momma would have smacked poke4christ for having a sassy mouth and bragging about your pro-NU ensemble on the pokes board. Stupid is as stupid does.

Fraggle145
12/5/2006, 03:20 AM
I'll admit I am not always the classiest fan... I get way too caught up in it all... You all still suck and I cant bring myself to say otherwise, I cant stand OSU (at all!), but you are a class act.

Good on you Zach for being a bigger man than me.

Zach you are a two faced b!tch. I take back all that wussy a$$ gay sh!t I was spouting. What the hell was I thinking? I thought a poke could have a brain... I thought a puke could restrain his jealousy...

Good on you Zach for showing you really know how hump sheep.

:mad:

SanDiegoSoonerGal
12/5/2006, 10:32 AM
Maybe he could change his name to Poke4Judas. :D

poke4christ
12/5/2006, 11:00 AM
Excuse me, but how am I being two faced? I wished you good luck, I didn't say I hoped you would win. Second, my dad graduated from NU and I almost went to NU. NU is my number two when it comes to college sports.

I am much more diplomatic over here toward OU than I am on OP.com. If I would have posted that I hope NU would win it would have been rude and would have corrupted my original point of the thread. The motives behind the post were pure. If you guys want to try to corrupt it go ahead. The good fans understood me. That's what I care about.

I am myself wherever I go. If you think I'm being two faced feel free to call me out. It will only help to keep me accountable.

Zach

sooneron
12/5/2006, 11:02 AM
Here's one way to nip it. Leave

Chris

poke4christ
12/5/2006, 11:04 AM

Ditto. Plus, I'd rather have the accountablity. I hate it when people act like complete jerks because of the anonymous nature of the internet.

sooneron
12/5/2006, 11:07 AM
I am much more diplomatic over here toward OU than I am on OP.com.

I am myself wherever I go.

Zach

Herein lies the rub.

Chris

OSUAggie
12/5/2006, 11:10 AM
Heh. Crucify him! :D

sooneron
12/5/2006, 11:11 AM
Heh. Crucify him! :D
Heh, I may have to spek you for that.:texan:

Paperclip
12/5/2006, 11:11 AM
I said this before, I'll say it again. He wanted Nebraska to win. Big deal. It's not like he comes over here pretending to be an OU fan. He handles himself well here and I don't have a problem with him. He was disappointed after 11/25. He was disappointed after the CCG. What's that to us?

sooneron
12/5/2006, 11:13 AM
I said this before, I'll say it again. He wanted Nebraska to win. Big deal. It's not like he comes over here pretending to be an OU fan. He handles himself well here and I don't have a problem with him. He was disappointed after 11/25. He was disappointed after the CCG. What's that to us?
I find his disappointment hilarious!:D

poke4christ
12/5/2006, 11:16 AM
Herein lies the rub.

Chris

Being diplomatic doesn't mean I'm not being myself. I think most people here know that. Many of you are continually trying to vilify my just because I'm an OSU fan.

sooneron
12/5/2006, 11:18 AM
You forgot to sign your name on that post. Did you not actually say that? Or was it someone else?

BOOMERBRADLEY
12/5/2006, 11:19 AM
Many of you are continually trying to vilify my just because I'm an OSU fan.

I do that with every osu fan.

jk the sooner fan
12/5/2006, 11:21 AM
its two faced to say on your site how much you hate OU, and then come over here and kiss everybody's *** in the name of being gracious after defeat

nobody cares that you hate OU, or cheer for NU.....we dont like you either

just keep the pretend stuff to yourself

sooneron
12/5/2006, 11:22 AM
I do that with every osu fan.
They have fans?

OSUAggie
12/5/2006, 11:24 AM
They have fans?

Hells yeah.... OVER 30,000.. Bowl game or home game, we're always gonna have at least 30,000.

Paperclip
12/5/2006, 11:24 AM
So players who talk trash and beat the crap out of each other for 60 minutes then shake hands after the game, are they two-faced? To me this is similar. Before and during the game we have a competitive attitude, but after the game can we not offer congratulations?

starrca23
12/5/2006, 11:26 AM
30,000, that is an OU practice...without pads.

OSUAggie
12/5/2006, 11:28 AM
But after the game can we not offer congratulations?

Sure. But do you wish your opponent luck in future endeavors?

Paperclip
12/5/2006, 11:34 AM
Sure. But do you wish your opponent luck in future endeavors?

Why not?

poke4christ
12/5/2006, 11:43 AM
You know, for the guys that are insulting me, it wouldn't matter what I did. They would still insult me. Like I said, the good fans get me and that's what I care about. Thanks for the backup paperclip, but some people just want something to hate.

jk the sooner fan
12/5/2006, 11:44 AM
You know, for the guys that are insulting me, it wouldn't matter what I did. They would still insult me. Like I said, the good fans get me and that's what I care about. Thanks for the backup paperclip, but some people just want something to hate.

you're the one that used the word "hate" in your post over on your board

i didnt see it posted here

BOOMERBRADLEY
12/5/2006, 11:47 AM

Ya see, I have never been one to stereotype people. However, anything or anyone that is involved with osu has always had an inferiority complex when it comes to EVERYTHING, and to be honest it gets a little obnoxious.

Therefore, I intend to keep my opinion based on experiences that I have had and will continue to have.

OSUAggie
12/5/2006, 11:47 AM
Why not?

Is it proper to wish luck to someone and then secretly hope terrible things happen to them? I don't know, difference of opinion, I guess. Like when good things happen to OU, I don't sit back and smile and say, "Golly, good for them."

I do, however, think that this season has been extraordinary for OU, and I recognize the achievement of the current squad in a good, solid way. That is not to say that I wish they would've won the nat'l championship, but I think a bowl win would be nice for this OU team. This year is definitely an exception to my usual feelings for OU and their successes.

Edit: This is not an "inferiority complex" regarding OU. I do not wish success for many schools, including but not limited to Duke, Kansas, any Texas school, any SEC school, any Big 10 school, or any Pac 10 school.

poke4christ
12/5/2006, 11:54 AM
you're the one that used the word "hate" in your post over on your board

i didnt see it posted here

Maybe you could enlighten me an post a link. I don't doubt that I've posted some negative stuff about OU, but I couldn't find any one like you are claiming. Do I like OU? No, but I'm nice and I treat the fans just as well as I treat any other person. Anyway, here's a link to my posts on OP.com. Feel free to look through them. I think you will find that I have some negative OU posts, but also I've got posts where I'm deffending OU or calling people out for exagerated statments. I get flamed often for it. Just ask OUguru who posts over there.

http://www.orangepower.com/search.php?searchid=112564&pp=25

Zach

sooneron
12/5/2006, 11:54 AM
I guess I'm not a "good fan". As described by the greatest fan evar!

If you were smart, you would have included your affiliation with NU on your original post, something along the lines of "I have to admit that I will be pulling for NU, not for the usual aggy reasons of hating OU (although I'm sure the aggy reasons do play a part) but b/c of my Dad... blah blah blah..
Instead-
You made it seem all hunky dory and then proceeded to head to the turds board and profess your high hopes for OU losing. That comes off as dishonorable and two faced. Admit it and walk away.

jk the sooner fan
12/5/2006, 11:56 AM
Maybe you could enlighten me an post a link. I don't doubt that I've posted some negative stuff about OU, but I couldn't find any one like you are claiming. Do I like OU? No, but I'm nice and I treat the fans just as well as I treat any other person. Anyway, here's a link to my posts on OP.com. Feel free to look through them. I think you will find that I have some negative OU posts, but also I've got posts where I'm deffending OU or calling people out for exagerated statments. I get flamed often for it. Just ask OUguru who posts over there.

http://www.orangepower.com/search.php?searchid=112564&pp=25

Zach

somebody else already linked the thread on your board on the CCG....i have no reason to go back to that board....i read it once, that was enough for me

Paperclip
12/5/2006, 11:57 AM
Maybe my problem is apparently I'm two-faced. I laugh when Texas and OSU lose, but when I talk to my friends who are fans of those teams I offer congratulations and have a civil conversation.

sooneron
12/5/2006, 12:09 PM
I tell my texas friends that I laugh when they lose. They do the same to me. I will wish them luck in that sweet bowl game that they're heading to.

OSUAggie
12/5/2006, 12:12 PM
I tell my texas friends that I laugh when they lose. They do the same to me. I will wish them luck in that sweet bowl game that they're heading to.

But will you cheer for them? Or just indifferent?

jk the sooner fan
12/5/2006, 12:15 PM
cheer for texas?

puhleeze, no self respecting sooner fan would ever do such a thing.....and any real texas fan would know it was a lie if we said so

sooneron
12/5/2006, 12:16 PM
Cheer? meh not really.I'd rather they win, b/c it makes us look better. I'd rather you guys win as well. The reason being, every team we beat this year, except for atm, looked like crap afterwards - isu,tech,misery. But I'll laugh if you lose.

OSUAggie
12/5/2006, 12:20 PM
I guess I'm the same way.. Unless someone is playing for a national title...

sooneron
12/5/2006, 12:22 PM
I guess I'm the same way.. Unless someone is playing for a national title...
Yeah, last year's title game created quite a conundrum over here.

jk the sooner fan
12/5/2006, 12:24 PM
Yeah, last year's title game created quite a conundrum over here.

many of us were cheering for earthquake ;)

sooneron
12/5/2006, 12:26 PM
many of us were cheering for earthquake ;)
Or giant smog monsters!:D

OSUAggie
12/5/2006, 12:27 PM
I used to cheer for bombs... Due to that now somehow being a legit concern, I no longer do that

Fraggle145
12/5/2006, 02:34 PM
its two faced to say on your site how much you hate OU, and then come over here and kiss everybody's *** in the name of being gracious after defeat

nobody cares that you hate OU, or cheer for NU.....we dont like you either

just keep the pretend stuff to yourself

Exactly.

Fraggle145
12/5/2006, 02:38 PM
You forgot to sign your name on that post. Did you not actually say that? Or was it someone else?

This is friggin hysterical... :D