PDA

View Full Version : Bad news & Great news.

KingDavid
11/25/2006, 07:17 PM
The BAD:
We now have to win an extra game in order to qualify for a BCS bowl. That's right. If you look at the standings when they come out, you'll see that we almost certainly would have been one of the at large selections.

The GREAT (and obvious):
The extra game we get to play is FOR THE BIG XII CHAMPIONSHIP. What a way to send off these seniors!

Any word on AD's ability to play?

Jason White's Third Knee
11/25/2006, 07:21 PM
They'll check his collar bone on Monday.

OUinFLA
11/25/2006, 07:31 PM
pffft, give him a couple of aspirin and let the kid run for a bit.

ouradu
11/25/2006, 07:34 PM
hope he's been doing some non-contact stuff. You know, doing sprints and lifting weights, stuff like that. :pop:

bixby28
11/25/2006, 08:50 PM
I like our chances with or without Peterson, but i'll be a little more comfortable with AD playing next weekend.

this could be a great game....

SoonerStampede1218
11/25/2006, 08:56 PM
Maybe someone that knows more about football can answer this. Would it be different for the offensive line blocking for AD instead of Patrick or Brown? I didn't know if they have adjusted to PAtrick and Brown's styles instead. Or does that even make a difference?

stoopified
11/25/2006, 09:07 PM
pffft, give him a couple of aspirin and let the kid run for a bit.
aSPIRINS?AD DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' ASPIRINS,JUST RAWHIDE STICK TO BITE ON.

StoopTroup
11/25/2006, 09:10 PM
Other Good News...

We have the BEST Conference Record at 7-1 and the BEST Overall Record at 10-2...

StoopTroup
11/25/2006, 09:17 PM
More good news...

OU has won the most Big 12 title games with three championships. Nebraska and Texas are the only other squads to win multiple crowns with two each, while Colorado, Kansas State and Texas A&M have one apiece. The Sooners have the most title game appearances with five, followed by Texas (4). Colorado, Kansas State and Nebraska are next with three appearances each.

Reference (http://www.big12sports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/big12-footbl-championship.html)

KingDavid
11/26/2006, 01:26 AM
Maybe someone that knows more about football can answer this. Would it be different for the offensive line blocking for AD instead of Patrick or Brown? I didn't know if they have adjusted to PAtrick and Brown's styles instead. Or does that even make a difference?

No difference at all.

All_Day_28
11/26/2006, 01:55 AM
for me, it's not about feeling more comfortable or not.. I just want to watch AD in a Sooners uniform a couple of more times.. I'm sick of every one saying stuff like "It doesn't matter if he plays, we'll still win" blah blah blah.. I want to watch "possibly" the greatest back in OU history play a couple more times...

tbl
11/26/2006, 02:02 AM
Can somebody explain to me why we're averaging ~30 YPG more per game without AD? I want to see AD play again, but frankly I'm a little nervous. AP and Brown have been doing fantastic for us, and I just get worried that the coahces will get back to the predictable playcalling with AD in (much like they did for the 4th quarter today).

Don't get me wrong... I love AD and I definitely want to see him play at least one more time. I just hope they alternate the backs so that he's not getting every carry like he did every game till he got injured. AP & Brown have more than earned their spot to get carries in the BXII & bowl games.

Ike
11/26/2006, 02:19 AM
Can somebody explain to me why we're averaging ~30 YPG more per game without AD? I want to see AD play again, but frankly I'm a little nervous. AP and Brown have been doing fantastic for us, and I just get worried that the coahces will get back to the predictable playcalling with AD in (much like they did for the 4th quarter today).

Don't get me wrong... I love AD and I definitely want to see him play at least one more time. I just hope they alternate the backs so that he's not getting every carry like he did every game till he got injured. AP & Brown have more than earned their spot to get carries in the BXII & bowl games.

I think we have gotten more out of our run game without AD, because, at first at least, I think our opponents figured we would try to rely on the pass more, which opened the running game up a bit. I don't think that is the case anymore though.

I also think AP and Brown have more than earned the right to carry the ball for us, and I hope that if and when AD does come back, AP and Brown still get their touches as well.

OUinFLA
11/26/2006, 08:28 AM

agreed

TripleOption14
11/26/2006, 08:39 AM

Its simple really. It all goes back to the O-line! Those guys have done a OUTSTANDING job this year. They're simply making holes this year period. This is why it sux when AD went down because the O-line was just starting to hit their stride. Wait till AD comes back (i hope) and gets the same holes to run through. Should be quite the show!!