PDA

View Full Version : How many promos did Fox have...

OUinFLA
11/25/2006, 07:06 PM
featuring outstanding plays in past OU/osu games that were osu favored?
I dont remember them showing any OU great plays from the last 100 years.
But, they sure had a slew showcasing osu players.

Seems the least they could have done was mention the years we beat them 800 to 3 or something like that.

Seems like Fox was a bit orange-biased today to me. But, heck, maybe B. Toone Pickem owns a huge share of Fox.

SoonerMajic
11/25/2006, 07:18 PM
I hate games on Fox SW:

1. They have way too many promos and commercials;

2. They seemed horribly rushed talking between plays about everything but the game;

3. They keep running tight shots of the qb, the kicker or some other specific player rather than showing a broad shot to give you the over all perspective of the play.

The new sideline reporter, Emily Jones, was horrible.

Frozen Sooner
11/25/2006, 07:19 PM
They showed Mike Gaddis running for a score.

They showed Derrick Strait tipping the pass away in 2000.

Looked pretty even to me.

Wishboned
11/25/2006, 07:19 PM
I'm thinking that out of all the OSU highlights they were showing there was only one highlight they showed that ended up in an OSU win.

OUinFLA
11/25/2006, 07:21 PM
They showed Mike Gaddis running for a score.

They showed Derrick Strait tipping the pass away in 2000.

Looked pretty even to me.

They showed Gaddis on that run in the game where whats-his-name from osu rushed for about 700 yds, which they were quick to point out.

Quit ruining my thread, go shovel some snow or something. :D

King Crimson
11/25/2006, 07:24 PM
Keith Jackson catch from Danny Bradley in the North endzone at Owen Field (84?).

and, of course, Brent parker.

SoonerInHouston
11/25/2006, 07:24 PM
Twice they showed AD's two runs from last year. I had forgot how impressive they were.

WildeSooner
11/25/2006, 07:32 PM
Well I'm not sure they leaned in favor of either team. But FoxSports coverage is very much bush-league. (Hey lady did you remember to turn your mic on?)zzzzzz. It just seems there an awfull lot of broadcasting no no's when it comes to Fox.

Getem
11/25/2006, 07:53 PM
But, hey, it was in HD. You guys are hard to please

Frozen Sooner
11/25/2006, 07:56 PM
Wasn't in HD here. :mad:

JohnnyMack
11/25/2006, 07:57 PM
Wasn't in HD here. :mad:

Tulsa pwns Alaska.

OUinFLA
11/25/2006, 07:58 PM
It wasnt on HD at my house either.............
but, I dont think that was Fox's fault.

bri
11/25/2006, 08:03 PM
FSN games in HD is basically the same as getting local public access high school sports coverage in HD. Every last one of those retards must have won their jobs in a friggin' box of Cracker Jacks...

JohnnyMack
11/25/2006, 08:04 PM
FSN games in HD is basically the same as getting local public access high school sports coverage in HD. Every last one of those retards must have won their jobs in a friggin' box of Cracker Jacks...

Why do you hate Don King?

Getem
11/25/2006, 08:14 PM
I want to thank FSN for not having a replay angle that showed the aggie qb getting in before the fumble. I'm pretty sure he didn't get in, but it was stinkin close.

bri
11/25/2006, 08:18 PM
I'd like to thank FSN for all those long, loving shots of the T. Boone Pickens Memorial Dirt Hole And Big-Screen Television. It was almost like the plays were a mere annoyance that interrupted them showing us...dirt.

Bah.

King Crimson
11/25/2006, 08:19 PM
i really liked that trio of Aggy goofballs painted orange, the one wearing a pumpkin with earflaps on his head.

bri
11/25/2006, 08:22 PM
Right before kickoff, when they were panning the crowd, they showed some fatty fat butterpants in her screaming neon orange t-shirt. I blurted out, "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!"

BermudaSooner
11/25/2006, 08:51 PM
About 10% of the number of Dr. Pepper commercials--which is a lot.

soonermeteor
11/25/2006, 08:56 PM
I dont get this post... if anything I saw tons of Sooner highlights, and as someone already mentioned most of the OSU highlights were from a game the Sooners won.

bri
11/25/2006, 08:56 PM
I love the "come to skool at aggy" commercial staring...Garth f'n Brooks.

I turned to the table full of aggy behind me and said, "So let me get this straight; OUR commercial features the president of the university, who is a former United States Congressman. And YOUR commercial has...Garth ****ing Brooks. At least it's a step up from LAST year's version, which consisted of 'come to OSU....we've got a water slide!'"

aggy really does make it too easy sometimes. And by "sometimes" I mean "all of the time."

Getem
11/25/2006, 09:02 PM
Heh, just after "Parents, there's no better place to send your kids", it's "kids, there's no better place to have fun" - aggie brilliance at its finest

JohnnyMack
11/25/2006, 09:06 PM
I dont get this post... if anything I saw tons of Sooner highlights, and as someone already mentioned most of the OSU highlights were from a game the Sooners won.

Well in all fairness if you had to choose from wins only, it'd be a short video.