PDA

View Full Version : My New Pet Peeve...

Rogue
11/25/2006, 01:58 PM
Big fuggin' blow-up holiday "decoration" things. Even the smaller ones are heinous. :mad:
Talk about trashy, tacky, garish, stoopid looking...

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j257/soonercody/Temp/02.jpg

Bah!

proud gonzo
11/25/2006, 01:59 PM
yep, they're pretty awful

ultimatesooner1
11/25/2006, 02:02 PM
you would probably really hate this guy then (http://www.kingofholidayinflatables.com/)

Rogue
11/25/2006, 02:06 PM
you would probably really hate this guy then (http://www.kingofholidayinflatables.com/)

My eyes!!!!:eek:

Cam
11/25/2006, 02:07 PM
Out of control.

Newbomb Turk
11/25/2006, 02:15 PM
I don't particularly care for them either.

1stTimeCaller
11/25/2006, 02:17 PM
Thanks to my GREAT Neighbors, my Easter display spanned across 5 yards

heh

and when I read 'King of Inflatables' I think of Howzit for some reason.

Chuck Bao
11/25/2006, 04:14 PM
I kinda like the super bowl football players.

Now, how many of you would put blow-up OU balloons in your yard?

I would and I wouldn't care what the neighbors thought.

sanantoniosooner
11/25/2006, 04:18 PM
I'll tell you what.

If putting up two of those got me out of putting lights and extension cords all over the place, I'd consider it.

soonercody
11/25/2006, 04:22 PM
I'll tell you what.

If putting up two of those got me out of putting lights and extension cords all over the place, I'd consider it.

You need to getcha woman that ain't skeered of heights!

Melo
11/25/2006, 05:26 PM
When I read 'King of Inflatables' I look at this nude picture of Howzit for some reason.

:eek:

There are just some things you shouldn't share with other people... :O

SicEmBaylor
11/25/2006, 05:46 PM
Heh,

I'm going to have to run over to Muskogee and check this guy out.

Rogue
11/25/2006, 05:55 PM
Heh,

Hint: I hear he's easy when he drinks Zima.:D :D :D

Rogue
11/25/2006, 07:44 PM
I have a neighbor that is a painter. Every year dood gets this mobile scaffold/tractor contraption out the day after Thanksgiving and starts puttin' up lights. He buys everything on sale after Christmas and it gets more gawdy ever year. This year takes the frickin' cake! His driveway is about 50 yards long and lit up on both sides with colored lights. Every part of his house seems to be covered in colored lights. Big blow up snowman and Santa. A few of the white-light deer, a train and something else with moving/twinkling wheels, I counted 18 freakin' ornaments in his yard, about 6 bushes all lit up. It's like Christmas Vacation over there. My wife went to class with his son who kept apologizing after he learned we live next door.

Mrs. Rogue is champing at the bit to get her white icicle lights up on the house. *sigh*

StoopTroup
11/25/2006, 08:20 PM
OMG...

That guy would be like having a junkyard next to your house...lol

Melo
11/25/2006, 09:08 PM
Heh,

Overzealous women usually dont have exactly... a high reputation in society. You whore.

:D

proud gonzo
11/25/2006, 09:19 PM
room

achiro
11/25/2006, 09:20 PM
He's my bro-in-laws good friend. His neighbors actually like it and offer plug ins for him. As I recall he runs a dj company, puts on parties and stuff like that. The inflatable thing started kind of as part of his business and has just continued to grow from there.

Boarder
11/25/2006, 10:35 PM
All I did this year was inflatables. I'm not about to crawl up on the house again with my ultra steep roof. The kids love them. You can all bite me.

sanantoniosooner
11/25/2006, 10:37 PM
All I did this year was inflatables. I'm not about to crawl up on the house again with my ultra steep roof. The kids love them. You can all bite me.
exactly my sentiment earlier in the thread.

Boarder
11/25/2006, 10:57 PM
I live in Oklahoma and Rogue lives in Tennessee. Who are we to say anything about redneck trashy yard decorations?

mrowl
11/25/2006, 11:03 PM
I got these awesome new LED lights that you only have ONE plug in for all 300 lights. They connect via a sorta coax like cable. no extention cords.

And the blowups rock. bite me also.

BoogercountySooner
11/26/2006, 09:03 AM
Ok lets all go check it out with our pellet guns!;)

Rogue
11/26/2006, 09:15 AM
I live in Oklahoma and Rogue lives in Tennessee. Who are we to say anything about redneck trashy yard decorations?

The revolution must come from within. :D

I'm actually not against trashy yard decor in general but these particular giant plastic blow-up and light-up holiday caricatures really bug me. Nothing says holiday spirit like "I got me the biggest one they had down thar at the Walmartses."
If your kids love 'em-great I guess. Just don't expect me to lie and tell you how good they look. I sure hope this is a passing fad.

BlondeSoonerGirl
11/26/2006, 03:20 PM
If you're going to rock the inflatables please, please, please do something when they lose air or expand or whatever and fall halfway over.

Nothing sadder than a ginormous Santy Claus all hunched over looking like someone just kicked him in the junk.

sanantoniosooner
11/26/2006, 03:29 PM
If you're going to rock the inflatables please, please, please do something when they lose air or expand or whatever and fall halfway over.

Nothing sadder than a ginormous Santy Claus all hunched over looking like someone just kicked him in the junk.
Or Frosty the hunched over snow-blower

Boarder
11/26/2006, 03:44 PM
After the dude made the light show video set to the Trans Siberian Orchestra video, I don't even try to be cool anymore.

BoomerSooner247
11/26/2006, 04:10 PM
my neighbors literally have 10 of those tacky things in their front yard for Christmas.

MamaMia
11/26/2006, 09:24 PM
You like the horsey pigs too, huh? ;)

Rogue
11/26/2006, 09:34 PM
You like the horsey pigs too, huh? ;)

Cold.

Hard.

Crackin' me up.

Okla-homey
11/26/2006, 09:53 PM
Them things is highly flammable. Not in a Hindenburg kinda way since they aren't filled with hydrogen, but nevertheless, that nylon burns fast once ignited.

Just saying.

proud gonzo
11/26/2006, 10:06 PM
yeah, and houses are totally flammable too! Nobody should have one of those things... ;)

sanantoniosooner
11/26/2006, 11:50 PM
Farts are flammable.

Hasn't slowed me down ONE BIT.

Rogue
11/27/2006, 07:58 PM
Bump. Cuz I really hate those things.

BeetDigger
11/27/2006, 08:21 PM
The neighbor's wife was getting on us for not putting lights up on the house. We are now saving the $200 and only putting up lights around the flower beds and on the shrubs and trees. She was upset that we weren't putting them up on the house, like they do. Of course, she has two or three of those tacky blow up things in her yard. And of course, she has replaced half of the white lights with red ones. So now, instead of a nice, tactful white light outline she has this hideous red and white outline. Oh yeah, she and her husband are real pieces of work. I truly hope that he follows through on his promise to "move to a nicer neighborhood, away from all the wanna be people in this neighborhood. You know, into a neighborhood where all the houses are a million and up."

Rogue
11/27/2006, 08:41 PM
Speakin' of neighbors...I was too lazy to get off the porch so these are wierd and through the trees. I'm afraid the pics don't do the heinous-ness justice.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j257/soonercody/Temp/100_1528.jpg

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j257/soonercody/Temp/100_1527.jpg

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j257/soonercody/Temp/100_1526.jpg

It makes my head feel like this:

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j257/soonercody/Temp/100_1529.jpg

sanantoniosooner
11/27/2006, 09:08 PM
your camera is on drugs.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/28/2006, 12:29 AM
rogue/soonercody, you need to pick one handle - i don't give a crap which one. you posting and trolling in one thread is just going to lead to permaban.

MamaMia
11/28/2006, 09:55 AM
These are just huge blown up reminders of what Christmas is not all about.

BeetDigger
11/28/2006, 10:19 AM
The neighbor's wife was getting on us for not putting lights up on the house. We are now saving the $200 and only putting up lights around the flower beds and on the shrubs and trees. She was upset that we weren't putting them up on the house, like they do. Of course, she has two or three of those tacky blow up things in her yard. And of course, she has replaced half of the white lights with red ones. So now, instead of a nice, tactful white light outline she has this hideous red and white outline. Oh yeah, she and her husband are real pieces of work. I truly hope that he follows through on his promise to "move to a nicer neighborhood, away from all the wanna be people in this neighborhood. You know, into a neighborhood where all the houses are a million and up."

Update:

Condensending, lazy, uneducated, wife next door asks me this morning when I tell her husband about our lights "When did YOU put up your lights?" I say "Two or three days ago", knowing full well she knew they were up. Of course, the only lights she has up are the one's that the illegals put up. So, now today, being the competitive one that she is, I am sure that she is out putting up the rest of her lights and decorations.

I really wish they had kept the deer. I could have gone over and positioned the male on top of the female. She gets really embarassed so it would have been funny. She's very self conscience and doesn't want attention, and yet, she had breast augmentation.

LoyalFan
11/29/2006, 03:14 AM
Three days prior to H'o'een, this "needy" (not financially, though,) woman I had the misfortune to meet called me to ask if I'd come over and (as she put it) "erect" something for her IN THE FRONT YARD!
Only after she explained that she meant one of those molto stupido lawn inflatables did I agree.
It would have taken me no more than ten minutes to have the 8' Dracula/Frankenstein/Whatever it was up an running, save for the fact that she decided to help and also changed her mind at least five times as to the location.
The day post-Halloween I called to remind her to take it down. One week later I drive by (hastily) to discover it's still on the lawn, and there are some neighbors standing across the street shaking their crania.
Three days later, it's still on the lawn, this time with the blower unplugged and lying in a sodden heap.
Ten minutes later, I deposited it in a dumpster behind a taco stand.
One hour later, she calls to tell me she thinks her neighbors stole her monster.
I am soooooooo bad!

LF

Rogue
11/29/2006, 06:25 AM
There's a special place in heaven for you LF.