PDA

View Full Version : Boise State = Joke

Soonermagik
11/25/2006, 12:51 PM
Why would Boise State fans think they even have a chance?? They have a good offense and that's it!! Their defense is well...... crap!!!

Secondly, OU's defense is one of the best in the nation. Our offense with Peterson is quite a bit better than Boise State. How would this game even be close????? :confused: I smell a blow out

AimForCenterMass
11/25/2006, 01:11 PM
To all of you Boise State supporters: I respect your opinion, but I have a little homework for you.

1. Pick up the X-Box or PS2 and load NCAA Football 2007, or whatever year suits your taste.

2. Now, pick an average team; it doesn't matter who you pick, but choose a team thats sitting right around a B- or a C...you know, just an average team.

3. Then, make a schedule picking only the easiest of teams...but don't forget to include ONE game against an average opponent on your home turf.

4. Final step, play out the season and let me know if you DON'T go undefeated.

Here's where I'm getting at; you can take an average team and go undefeated with an easy schedule, but it doesn't make the team any better. Undefeated or not, its still the same average team, just with a better record than most teams.

Now, does an average team, undefeated or not, deserve to go to a BCS bowl game with the elite just because they're undefeated? This is an average team we're talking about here; an average team who just happens to have a perfect record because of a weak schedule. Like the saying goes, "You can't polish a turd".

I posted this on a previous thread and I thought I'd share it here as well. I think Boise State has an okay offense on their home field, but their trick plays and misdirection only work on slower and weaker teams. Zabransky gets rattled easily, as is evidenced by his 0-2 bowl record and his implosion @ Georgia. Ian Johnson is an okay back at best, but Oklahoma's D-Line would have a field day against their O-Line. In addition, Oklahoma has the speed on defense to get to Ian in the backfield.

As mentioned earlier, in addition to those "big name performers", Boise State relies on trickery to compensate for what they lack on offense. The only problem is, this only works against slower opponents who are poorly prepared. Oklahoma will have the speed and Stoops will have his troops ready for whatever Boise State can throw at them.

Now, I don't know if you can call a blowout just yet. Oklahoma is better, but they have to quit turning the ball over. If Oklahoma doesn't beat themselves, they win by at least 10. Boomer Sooner!

OK2LA
11/25/2006, 01:16 PM
Geez, I hope you guys are right . . .

All I know is that they made a definition to go along with the word "upset", and I don't like it. We have a LONG way to go before we start saying how bad Boise State is, and how they can't hang with us . . .

Let's beat osu first!

Soonermagik
11/25/2006, 01:23 PM
I agree totally!! Everyone was saying how good Louisville and West Virginia were, but who had they beaten? Louisville beat a terrible Miami team and that's it. These lower end schools don't stand a chance, they just don't have the same type of athletes as power house schools.

They also struggled with San Jose St and Wyoming?? We all know OU has only lost 1 game, and the loss to Texas OU wasn't the same. After replacing DJ Wolfe OU's defense has come alive.

Boise Bandit
11/25/2006, 01:25 PM
Some of you people are clueless.

And you call yourselves football fans. :rolleyes:

INGRAM1
11/25/2006, 02:26 PM
I think we would win but we need to secure the ball. Their offense is a little like Oregon's. Go sooners.

sanantoniosooner
11/25/2006, 02:41 PM
Why does it bug us that Boise State fans would have faith in their team?

Are we that insecure?

StoopTroup
11/25/2006, 03:00 PM
I'm not insecure.

I'd love to play them in a BCS Bowl.

Give them the thumping of their lives.

AD might get 300-400 yards in that one.

Boise State Penguin
11/25/2006, 03:03 PM
You Sooners are so smug.

Our Bronco can kick the **** out of your wimpy donkey-looking mascots.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/25/2006, 04:02 PM
You Sooners are so smug.

i wish they would

chbrew09
11/25/2006, 05:15 PM
You Sooners are so smug.

congrats...read around on the threads from the past...the horsepigs are really loved by all of us.....yeah

Boise Bandit
11/25/2006, 06:01 PM
You Sooners are so smug.

Preach on brutha. Preach on.

http://its.boisestate.edu/images/broncos.jpg

aero
11/25/2006, 06:33 PM
Sac ST. Big Sky 4-4 conf 4-7 overall
Ore. St. Pac10 6-3 conf 8-4 overall
Wyoming MWC 5-3 conf 6-6 overall
Hawaii WAC 7-1 conf 9-2 overall
Utah MWC 5-2 conf 7-4 overall
La. Tech WAC 1-6 conf 3-9 overall
N.Mex.St. WAC 1-6 conf 3-8 overall
Idaho WAC 3-4 conf 4-7 overall
Fresno St. WAC 4-3 conf 4-7 overall
SanJoseSt. WAC 3-3 conf 6-4 overall
Utah St. WAC 1-7 conf 1-11 overall
Nevada WAC 5-2 conf 8-3 overall

How many teams can you think of that would have a real good shot at going undefeated with this shedule? Talk about a logjam in the BCS.

royalfan5
11/25/2006, 07:52 PM

How many teams can you think of that would have a real good shot at going undefeated with this shedule? Talk about a logjam in the BCS.
Not USC anyway.

JohnnyMack
11/25/2006, 07:53 PM
<sniff, sniff>

Trolly?

MichelleDawn
11/25/2006, 08:11 PM
You people wouldn't know a big game if it bit you on the hiney.

Boise State is undefeated. You have been beaten. TWICE!

Why can't I start a new thread?

Did anyone watch Boise try to play with a big boy team last year, at UGA? It was men against boise. hehe, I just made that up. Woooo!

You just had to bring that up . . . :(

And you call yourselves football fans. :rolleyes:

hmm..the only big game I see is the Dawgs...

Georgia routs Boise State

ATHENS, Ga. — D.J. Shockley was worth the wait, teaming with a revamped Georgia defense to give Boise State a jarring lesson in big-time football. Finally getting to start as a senior, Shockley threw five touchdown passes and ran for another score in the season opener, leading the 13th-ranked Bulldogs to a stunningly easy 48-13 victory over No. 18 Boise State on Saturday.

USA today (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/games/2005-09-03-georgia-boisest_x.htm?csp=34)

royalfan5
11/25/2006, 08:16 PM

ATHENS, Ga. — D.J. Shockley was worth the wait, teaming with a revamped Georgia defense to give Boise State a jarring lesson in big-time football. Finally getting to start as a senior, Shockley threw five touchdown passes and ran for another score in the season opener, leading the 13th-ranked Bulldogs to a stunningly easy 48-13 victory over No. 18 Boise State on Saturday.

USA today (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/games/2005-09-03-georgia-boisest_x.htm?csp=34)
If you want to hold previous years games against Boise, would you be upset if people held previous years games against Oklahoma?

MichelleDawn
11/25/2006, 08:51 PM
That's taking me out context and the intent of my post....Its more about the pot calling the kettle black...

Originally Posted by Boise Bandit
You people wouldn't know a big game if it bit you on the hiney.

Boise State is undefeated. You have been beaten. TWICE!

Why can't I start a new thread?

and

Originally Posted by Boise Bandit

And you call yourselves football fans.

With the schedule Boise has played, he isn't being objective and his statements seem disingenuous

GrapevineSooner
11/26/2006, 01:00 AM
It's almost like these two Boise State "fans" are just trying to see who they can draw offsides.

I'll have none of it, BTW, as a veteran poster here.

Miko
11/26/2006, 04:29 AM
While I dislike the blue field, them playing bowl games on it, and anything orange, it's hard to hate bs. Primarily because they are so inconsequential. I don't hate division 2A highschool teams in Michigan's upper peninsula either. I just don't care.

I sometimes get boise confused with East Popcorn State, Little Sisters of the Poor, and Upper Padagonia Tech.

I just don't want to play them in a bowl game. There is nothing to win. It's akin to playing a one-legged man in an azz-kicking contest. If you win, so what? You're supposed to win. If you lose, you lose to Popcorn State. Lose to popcorn state and you'll find yourself a three and a half point underdog on bye weeks :eek:

TheHumanAlphabet
11/26/2006, 04:52 AM
Boise will travel well. How the hell do you storm the opposing schools field after the game? Those people are so giddy with the thought of playing in the Fiesta Bowl...Sorta reminds me of Wazzu.

I want to beat Nebbish and then think of wiping that smug "we deserve to be here" smile off their faces. I hope they don't scheme any team to win, but I don't think they have done the job schedule-wise to deserve respect just yet...Ask West Virginny.

hack
11/26/2006, 05:40 AM
Like the saying goes, "You can't polish a turd".

actually, i've never heard that... but i'm using that phrase the next time it's possible.

Boise Bandit
12/4/2006, 05:54 PM

That is so last season. :rolleyes:

Bring it.

Gandalf_The_Grey
12/4/2006, 06:11 PM
I think this will be a great game. Boise St isn't going to roll over, they are going to show up and play their best game of the year. In the end OU's superior talent isn't going to win because it really isn't that superior. OUr advantage will be in the fact that our second string D is so talented and the fact that we have more depth and can beat them down. The more talented team doesn't always win...ask Mack!