PDA

View Full Version : Go Irish!

Rogue
11/25/2006, 09:53 AM
I know that many of you hold a grudge against the Golden Domers for ending OU's 47 game win streak before I was born. And I even hate their special treatment in the BCS...BUT if them beating SUC keeps SUC out of the MNC game then I'm a huge fan today.

sooneron
11/25/2006, 09:55 AM
Doesn't matter, usc would get embarassed in the nc game. I wouldn't mind seeing that.

Rogue
11/25/2006, 09:58 AM
Then we'll have to hear about how many years in a row Pete Carroll has gone to the MNC game. No, sir, I don't like it.

picasso
11/25/2006, 10:01 AM
I don't think the hate has anything to do with the 47 game win streak. it's the fact that they're media darlings and have their own tv network.:rolleyes:

oh yeah and that Hornung guy winning the Heisman rather than Touchdown Tommy.

fadada1
11/25/2006, 10:07 AM
i'm rooting for an asteroid to hit LA about 9pm EST time.

GreenSooner
11/25/2006, 10:12 AM
Especially with OU in charge of its own BCS destiny, it'll be hard to root for either of these teams. Man, I've hated them both since before I remember.

But after yesterday's game, I'm in a dreamin' kind of mood. Here's hoping that the Condoms clean the Leprechauns' clocks, and then loose to the Bruins next week.

Wouldn't it be great if neither the Domers nor the University of Second Choice made it into a BCS bowl? (Though unfortunately USC is a lock for the Roses if they don't make the MNC, so this dream will have to be deferred.)

Blues1
11/25/2006, 10:35 AM
First a Sooner Victory.....Then

I was there when we Lost our Streak in 57 to ND....As much as I hate it --- I will root for ND today.....In our Modern times So Cal needs taken down a few pegs - Plus lets stir up the BCS just a little More.... :)
Lets Get Rockin'
GO SOONERS....!!!!!

sendbaht
11/25/2006, 10:40 AM
"i'm rooting for an asteroid to hit LA about 9pm EST time."

I really do not care who wins...will maybe a little more for ND I guess, only care for the Sooners to win today...come on guys!!

Now are far as you asteroid, hope not, I want to be able to watch OU beat NB next week.:)

stoopified
11/25/2006, 10:47 AM
Bite your tongue.Now go wash your mouth out with a little gasoline.Under no circumstances should an OU fan ROOT for ND. You may root for SC to lose but rooting for ND to win ?It just isn't done.Bud may well haunt your dreams for this.

Rogue
11/25/2006, 10:49 AM
I went to ND when we played there and the fans were great.
Also last year when Tennessee played there. Left my tickets on the table at home. The Tennessee athletic dept and ND ticket office looked 'em up and issued two new ones (no charge) an hour before kickoff. Oh yeah, I'm a fan and I'm kickin' down the closet door.

sooneron
11/25/2006, 11:09 AM
http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/350/fatbastardcopyly5.jpg

fadada1
11/25/2006, 11:13 AM
I went to ND when we played there and the fans were great.

i was there as well, and found nd fans snobby, conceited, with a general thinking that oklahomans couldn't read or write. definitely thought they were superior.

Rogue
11/25/2006, 11:15 AM
Is that Charlie Wiess's brother?

Fadada, we went to several bars, mostly older crowds for some reason, and they were very hospitable. Bought me and my roommate drinks, predicted that we were two teams passing each other going in opposite directions, and really spoke well of Stoops.

Last year at the ND/VOL game the ND students were pretty rowdy, which I can respect.

OUstud
11/25/2006, 01:36 PM
Guys, USC is going to beat ND by 4 TDs. Sorry, that's just the way it is.

josh09
11/25/2006, 01:37 PM
I know that many of you hold a grudge against the Golden Domers for ending OU's 47 game win streak before I was born. And I even hate their special treatment in the BCS...BUT if them beating SUC keeps SUC out of the MNC game then I'm a huge fan today.

word. i just cant stand seeing SUC in another championship. especially when they havent really even done anything this year.

StoopTroup
11/25/2006, 01:44 PM
I will always pick the Domers over SUC.

I will be in the stands the day the Irish have the b*lls to come to Norman. :D

King Crimson
11/25/2006, 01:48 PM
i'll go out on a limb and say that there will be quite a bit of shameless hyperbole from the announcing team.

soonercody
11/25/2006, 02:10 PM
i'll go out on a limb and say that there will be quite a bit of shameless hyperbole from the announcing team.

It's gonna be a smooch-fest alright.

soonercody
11/25/2006, 06:25 PM
Beat the hell outta SUC.